VQ Tickets at GFCC

Hi Guys

Due to some big name guests this year like Sean Astin and Peter Mayhew, will SM introduce VQ tickets this year to avoid big queues. I attended Glasgow Comic Con for the first time last year and it was just a case of going to the autograph tables and meeting the guests whenever you wanted with little or no queues so can we assume it will be the same this year?

Thanks for any help :)

SWC

How do VQ work? I haven't been to a event using it yet

You go up to the end of the queue and you're given a slip with the guest's name and a number on it & you come back when your number is up on the board, e.g. if you're given number 256 for Sean Astin, you'd go back when Sean's board is showing 1 - 260. :-)

You go up to the end of the queue and you're given a slip with the guest's name and a number on it & you come back when your number is up on the board, e.g. if you're given number 256 for Sean Astin, you'd go back when Sean's board is showing 1 - 260. :-)

What about disabled people like me? I'll be on a mobility scooter and really, the quicker I get through the queue the better as its murder trying to move a scooter when the crowds are thick....

Cheers figured that was it but always best to be prepared, getting excited hahalooking like a awesome line up

What about disabled people like me? I'll be on a mobility scooter and really, the quicker I get through the queue the better as its murder trying to move a scooter when the crowds are thick....

The VQ tickets mean you don't have to stay in the crowds. You get your ticket which is essentially your place in the queue. You can then go away and do other things and keep checking the board at the end of the queue where the numbers are displayed to see if yours has come up. Once it has, you can then join the normal queue which shouldn't take too long to get through, depending on how fast the guest signs.

You will still need to get a VQ ticket but you might want to email extrahelp@showmastersevents.com and ask.

The VQ tickets mean you don't have to stay in the crowds. You get your ticket which is essentially your place in the queue. You can then go away and do other things and keep checking the board at the end of the queue where the numbers are displayed to see if yours has come up. Once it has, you can then join the normal queue which shouldn't take too long to get through, depending on how fast the guest signs.

Again, I can't keep circling around on a mobility scooter as its too pandemic in the hall to do that! I had that trouble last year. It took over thirty minutes to get from the hall entrance to one signing table. If that's how it's gonna be, I'll be giving autos a swerve sadly. It would be better for disabled to get priority in my opinion.

Again, I can't keep circling around on a mobility scooter as its too pandemic in the hall to do that! I had that trouble last year. It took over thirty minutes to get from the hall entrance to one signing table. If that's how it's gonna be, I'll be giving autos a swerve sadly. It would be better for disabled to get priority in my opinion.

As has been said before, email the extra help people and see what they say, but I have been to quite a few events and have seen many people on mobility scooters and with disabilities have no problems at all with this system.

As has been said before, email the extra help people and see what they say, but I have been to quite a few events and have seen many people on mobility scooters and with disabilities have no problems at all with this system.

It's NOT the system I have a problem with.....it's trying to manoeuvre in the what is quite a small arena. Trust me, it was bedlam trying to move last year. I have emailed, just hope they have the courtesy to reply!

Of course they will reply. They aren't going to ignore your message.

The disabled priority has been discussed between forum members before and it's not an easy thing to resolve as there are many factors to consider, as well as a numbers/fairness issue, particularly around auto's as it's the least clear cut of all the activities Showmasters, the crew and the attendees are very good in doing what they can to assist those who may need extra help.

If I didn't have to use a scooter, I'd have no issue with it. But I was on a scooter last year and believe me, moving round the hall was a nightmare. Hopefully I'll catch autos early and avoid the queues! Seems like the best option to me.

Edited by mands151271

It's not really that big an arena and all the dealer stalls take up most of the room. I had to keep yelling excuse me to try and get past people. I've got the early bird for Sunday, gives me an hour before the standards arrive. Usually I'd go to the stalls then, but might do the autos first instead. I love Braehead for access to food places etc., but it is getting small for the amount of people attending now.

It's not really that big an arena and all the dealer stalls take up most of the room. I had to keep yelling excuse me to try and get past people.

I have that as an able-bodied person as well wherever I am have the issue of people not wanting to move but have just got to perserve and say excuse me till they move. Now where did i put the pitchfork? :chair:

• Like 1

It's not really that big an arena and all the dealer stalls take up most of the room. I had to keep yelling excuse me to try and get past people.

I have that as an able-bodied person as well wherever I am have the issue of people not wanting to move but have just got to perserve and say excuse me till they move. Now where did i put the pitchfork? :chair:

I'm scared I will knock people down. Then again, maybe that's what I should do. Haha. Honk the horn.... ;-)

I was using an ECV once at Disneyland after having injured my leg. The cast member at the ECV renting Station gave me a short run down kindly. One of the first things he showed me was how to honk the horn. And he added: "But don't count on People moving."

I learned quickly that he had a really good Point.

Yeah. I guess some just don't care really, or they don't hear or are choosing not to hear! ;) I'm there for 10am on Sunday, so will try get all my autos then, and hopefully save queues. It's just frustrating to try and move a mobility scooter very slowly when in a queue. I actually bumped into a guest's table last year for the same reason. Lol