Clarification on ticket display media.

Chris73

Just been reading on the Sheffield con page that someone had to pay a further £1.00 to get a physical ticket made before they were allowed entry. Is the e ticket on a smart phone or ipad not valid anymore? Please clarify cheers.

Just been reading on the Sheffield con page that someone had to pay a further £1.00 to get a physical ticket made before they were allowed entry. Is the e ticket on a smart phone or ipad not valid anymore? Please clarify cheers.

That may actually be done to Sheffield arena itself rather than SM.

hmmm. ok thanks for your reply. always thought it was SM staff who did the entry. Its their show? So surely they have the scanning app?

Sheffield arena is the exception and before you ask I don't know why. I know I saw something last week about needing physical tickets but I cant find it now because of it being after the event and eventbrite etc having been updated. The arena scans people in AND out and use their own machines so it may be down to that.

I've started using an Android app - Pass2U Wallet - which doesn't hold the full ticket as per the PDF, but just the barcode (the important bit). Is this ok to use or should I play it safe and print off my tickets? Have been using this app for a few events recently, at Cineworld and at LFCC in July this year and worked a treat. Don't want to turn up for any shoots and be turned away though because I didn't bring the full thing.

I've started using an Android app - Pass2U Wallet - which doesn't hold the full ticket as per the PDF, but just the barcode (the important bit). Is this ok to use or should I play it safe and print off my tickets? Have been using this app for a few events recently, at Cineworld and at LFCC in July this year and worked a treat. Don't want to turn up for any shoots and be turned away though because I didn't bring the full thing.

I always keep a paper copy of my tickets just in case anything goes wrong with the phone (or heaven forbid is stolen again). I know I went to Cineworld earlier in the year and had my email ticket on my phone when I left home but when I got to the desk at the cinema the ticket had gone :(