This years con

Dissapointed that vader cancelled but there was no info on it until i went round for the photo op. Rob maschio was an absolute legend (sad its his last con). On a quick side note, what are the plastic photo protectors called for the pics you get printed with a guest, tried searching on ebay but cant find anything as i dont know what they are called

Dissapointed that vader cancelled but there was no info on it until i went round for the photo op. Rob maschio was an absolute legend (sad its his last con). On a quick side note, what are the plastic photo protectors called for the pics you get printed with a guest, tried searching on ebay but cant find anything as i dont know what they are called

They're called toploaders.

They're not archival quality though (you will see some can look 'oily' inside). They are meant for short term protection, e.g. protecting things when being posted. They are not meant for long-term storage as the acids in them can break down and degrade. Some people have stored autographed photos in them and found that when you take them out, that with gold/silver pens in particular, the ink can stick to the inside of the toploader and lift off the photo itself.

That said, if you put photos in archival 'soft sleeves' first, then put them in a toploader, that will be fine.

http://www.ultrapro.com/product_list.php?cPath=28

Hope that helps!

This was my first Sheffield con as usually I head to LFCC but this year didn't go so ca e to Sheffield to get my comicon fix and Although I really enjoyed it all had a great time and got everything I needed I agree it lacked depth i was done in an hour I think this convention needs a lot more guests and things to do, will be back next year even if go to LFCC