Kenny Baker RIP

Wrong Name

I will dearly miss Kenny.. I've had the privelage of meeting Kenny many times over the past 10 years... lots of white wines and Star Wars chats... only saw him two weeks past after many memories before.. a true gent and lover of Star Wars fans.. conventions will never be the same without Kenny... RIP my friend...

• Like 1

Really sad news at the passing of Kenny Baker, so glad that I got the chance to met him a couple of weeks ago in London. You only had to look at the queue for his autograph/photo to know how much he was loved by his fans and we will all miss him..

R.I.P Kenny Baker (R2-D2/Fidgit)

• Like 1

Not a Star Wars fan. Never was, probably never will be. But when I saw this news my heart sank. I've seen Kenny at (I think) every con I've been to, and everybody has always said how lovely he is. When I was cosplaying Elsa from Frozen, I walked past him as he was walking back to his table and he complimented the dress I was wearing. At LFCC my dad pointed out to me how unwell he looked and told me he couldn't believe he was still doing cons... two weeks later, here we go. :( He isn't someone I ever would have met, not being a fan, but I always noticed him and I think everyone knows who he is regardless of whether or not they're fans. Very sad to hear this today.

• Like 1

My deepest sympathies go out to Kenny Baker's family and especially to Val.

I got to know Kenny and Val very well over the years at con's they were the nicest kind people you could ever want to meet, When I used to go into the venue they would recognize me and call or wave to me to come over to their table and say hello. Kenny didn't mind talking about the films he was in like The Elephant Man, Time Bandits and of course Star Wars also he talked to me about the people he worked with like Terry Gilliam, David Rappaport, and John Hurt.

Kenny Baker was a national treasure and will be sorely missed, conventions will never be the same again with out him.

R.I.P Kenny Baker August 24th 1934 - August 13th 2016

• Like 1

My heart sank when I heard the news about Kenny. Some of my fondest memories are of meeting him & his wife. They always made the effort to take an interest in everyone they met, that's why Kenny has been such a popular guest over so many years.

Sweet dreams Kenny & thank you.

Sad times that one of my Favourite Droids Actor as a boy growing up has left us all, 81 is a very good age and not only was Kenny in 6 of the Star Wars Movies - Kenny also played parts in the Time Bandits - Flash Gordon - Labyrinth to name a few. I'm sure that everyone will agree when I type this - Kenny was always a class act at the show master events a True Gent, who had time for Everyone.

I will miss not seeing you at the Events Kenny.

RIP

I would have posted a few photo's however I am not that far advanced regarding posting photo's on here... sorry...

I'm sure more than a few of you all will post your own pics with Kenny.

RIP Kenny,

You may never know how much we all loved meeting with you, You were always smiling so happy to meet your fans, attending all Cons and keeping millions of people young and old entertained.

We have lost a Legend, Heaven has gained a Star...

Our Cons have changed forever, but you will never be forgotten

RIP Kenny old boy..

• Like 1

RIP Kenny

Had the privilege of meeting him at 2 local showmasters events over the last 5 years. I Will treasure those memories and the autographs he signed for me. When I seen him at Celebration a month ago I really did not think that would be the last time I would see him at conventions. Thank you for the memories and MTFBWY.

"Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not." - Yoda

My deepest sympathies go out to Kenny Baker's family and especially to Val.

I got to know Kenny and Val very well over the years at con's they were the nicest kind people you could ever want to meet, When I used to go into the venue they would recognize me and call or wave to me to come over to their table and say hello. Kenny didn't mind talking about the films he was in like The Elephant Man, Time Bandits and of course Star Wars also he talked to me about the people he worked with like Terry Gilliam, David Rappaport, and John Hurt.

Kenny Baker was a national treasure and will be sorely missed, conventions will never be the same again with out him.

R.I.P Kenny Baker August 24th 1934 - August 13th 2016

• Like 2

Kenny always has a smile or a wink waiting for you, a true showman until the end. Kenny, you will be remembered, and missed by millions.

My thoughts with his family.

kenny-baker_zpscc1op1zy.jpg

PurvisBakerMine_zpsgsw3ispf.jpg

5332_zpsutfthlbn.jpg

Edited by Shabs