Guest Cancellation - Carl Weathers

called it when i was at LFCC as he told me when I spoke to him.

So you did Bing250 and therefore I decided on the Sunday to have my poster and photo signed at LFCC. So thanks again for the heads-up!

Would have loved to meet Carl just a few miles from my house however, hopefully he will be at a future Glasgow event

Edited by BasG

called it when i was at LFCC as he told me when I spoke to him. 😀

He knew back then he wouldn't be attending? How come it's just being announced today then? Surely he'd have told Showmasters at that point too?

Total shame, he was my reason for attending. Oh well.

**Edit - just read the Carl Weathers thread & saw QS' mention about agent bookings. Makes sense, forgot he was doing Chicago Law too. Still gutted (just like Dillon in Predator!)

Edited by TFD
  • Like 3

called it when i was at LFCC as he told me when I spoke to him.

So you did Bing250 and therefore I decided on the Sunday to have my poster and photo signed at LFCC. So thanks again for the heads-up!

Would have loved to meet Carl just a few miles from my house however, hopefully he will be at a future Glasgow event

you are very welcome. thats why me and hubby got him on off chance at London in case he cancelled so was glad we did when he mentioned when speaking to him at LFCC.

was going to get photo at Glasgow but glad I got my Dolph and Carl autos on poster. 😀

If this has been known since LFCC it's pretty poor form showmasters. Myself and a lot of others have went out and bought boxing gloves / shorts etc based on this appearance (after waiting as long as possible to ensure he didnt cancel). If he was freely discussing this at LFCC weeks ago there is no way in the world that this was not known by showmasters. I know I will just get the "guests can cancel at any time" patter which I understand but it seems like this info has deliberately been withheld .

• Like 2

Just because a guest knows they are not available in no way means that SM will. A cancellation has to go through the proper channels for SM to know and they will not announce it until they are sure that nothing can be done to get the guest to the event and everything is 100% confirmed.

Just because a guest knows they are not available in no way means that SM will. A cancellation has to go through the proper channels for SM to know and they will not announce it until they are sure that nothing can be done to get the guest to the event and everything is 100% confirmed.

Sounds like it was being freely discussed at autograph tables which would have been manned by showmasters staff. Again I did say "if" and "it seems like". I'm sure if you had just spent £50 last week on merchandise to be signed and had heard about this that you would be voicing your opinion too.

• Like 1

Sounds like it was being freely discussed at autograph tables which would have been manned by showmasters staff. Again I did say "if" and "it seems like". I'm sure if you had just spent £50 last week on merchandise to be signed and had heard about this that you would be voicing your opinion too.
Most of the crew that work at the shows are volunteers who only attend the shows and wouldn't have those conversations with people in the office. Yes, it is disappointing when a guest cancels especially when you have already spent some money, but this is always a risk for conventions. I've only been going to these for a few years but am well aware that any guest could cancel at any time due to many reasons.

Crew members are volunteers and do not work in the office. If they even caught onto the conversation - they generally try not to barge in too much at the interaction with a guest - you expect someone working the London show who doesn't really have an overview of other shows to realize this means a possible cancellation for Glasgow and report it? Most of the crew are local and probably wouldn't even know who to address. Or if they caught on the more likely reaction was "oh, SM must know already if he's telling fans so openly."

The matter was brought to the office's attention when the show was over. I did that myself. The response was that it would be checked. Obviously that has happened now seeing the cancellation is there.

• Like 2

I get what you mean mate and really don't want to get into any more of a detailed debate over it. Just voicing my opinion as you have. Font suppose you are in the market for a set of USA boxing gloves by any chance? Lol

Crew members are volunteers and do not work in the office. If they even caught onto the conversation - they generally try not to barge in too much at the interaction with a guest - you expect someone working the London show who doesn't really have an overview of other shows to realize this means a possible cancellation for Glasgow and report it? Most of the crew are local and probably wouldn't even know who to address. Or if they caught on the more likely reaction was "oh, SM must know already if he's telling fans so openly."

The matter was brought to the office's attention when the show was over. I did that myself. The response was that it would be checked. Obviously that has happened now seeing the cancellation is there.

Ok cheers for the confirmation that it was known just after lfcc weeks ago.