James Marsters & Sean Astin Talks at Glasgow

• Showmasters Admin
Showmasters are pleased to confirm that there will be a number of talks taking place at Film & Comic Con Glasgow covering everything from Buffy to WWE and lots in between!

We are offering two paid talks with two of our most popular guests, both of which have had careers spanning decades. James Marsters is no stranger to the convention scene, and remains one of the most requested guests every year. Known to most as Spike from Buffy and Angel, he has also had high profile roles in Smallville and Torchwood, as well as dabbling in music with Ghost of the Robot. James has appeared in movies like P.S. I Love You and Dragonball Evolution, and continues to dominate the small screen in shows such as Supernatural, Warehouse 13 and Ultimate Spider Man.

Sean Astin has also had a varied career with hugely popular projects on the big and small screen. While he may now be known best for his role as Sam in Lord of the Rings, he first experienced popularity in The Goonies as Mikey. In a dramatically different role, Sean appeared in 24 as Lynn McGill in arguably the best season and one of the most memorable performances in the entire show. Sean has proven over the years that he has a fantastic range as an actor and has many stories to tell, so make sure you don’t miss out!

We will also be offering free talks with guests such as Kristanna Loken (Terminator 3), Ray Park (Star Wars), Margot Kidder (Superman), Power Rangers, Wrestlers and more!

Film & Comic Con Glasgow takes place at the Braehead Arena on 20th and 21st August. Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased at the below link:

Paid Talk details:

James Marsters - Saturday - £10

Sean Astin – Sunday - £10

This also includes an 16”x12” print of the guest.

I didn't find out the talks were to be ticketed and charged for until a couple of days ago. By the time I did, the James Marsters talk was sold out. I'm gutted. He's the main reason I'm attending.

I was just telling someone last week that the great thing about Glasgow was that all the talks were free. So much for that idea.

I think it's only James and Sean talks that are charging. Likely as they're big names, as far as I understand the other talks are still free. I can't sit at the talks anyway, too uncomfortable, so I'm not overly fussed.

I didn't find out the talks were to be ticketed and charged for until a couple of days ago. By the time I did, the James Marsters talk was sold out. I'm gutted. He's the main reason I'm attending.

I was just telling someone last week that the great thing about Glasgow was that all the talks were free. So much for that idea.

it's not showing as sold out for me? at least it's allowing me to add one to my basket on the ticket page...

• Like 1

I'm kinda gutted because I really wanna see Sean, but I'm only going the Saturday :( I normally moan and groan about paid talks because Glasgow is known for them being free and easy to access, but I can kinda understand since these are pretty big guests.

• Showmasters Admin

I'm kinda gutted because I really wanna see Sean, but I'm only going the Saturday :( I normally moan and groan about paid talks because Glasgow is known for them being free and easy to access, but I can kinda understand since these are pretty big guests.

You could still purchase a photo session or an autograph :) He is attending on Saturday, just does not have a talk then :)