Carl Weathers

Ed1978

To anyone who met Carl, was he personalising his autographs and adding requested quotes? Also, what was his general attitude like when you met him? He’s coming to Bournemouth (my home town!) next month and I’m planning on meeting him/getting his auto/having photoshoot etc so I’m just getting a ‘heads up’!

Just as a heads up what a guest does at one event doesn't mean they will be doing at another as it's all dependent on the amount of time they have and the queues.

I understand that. It's just with Bournemouth being a smaller venue with less people, I'm hoping he might have more time!

You'll probably have to just see what he's like on the day. I read one person say they met him at Belfast and he was a bit off but the people in London were loving him and he seemed quite chatty; certainly got good feedback on this forum. I'm meeting him in Glasgow so like you, am hopeful he'll be pretty chilled (no pun intended with our weather) since London is a madhouse by comparison.

• Like 1

Yes in Cardiff he was a bit off in the signing but great at the photo shoot. May have been off though because he asked who I wanted my glove personalised to and when I said I didn't want it personalised he said "I have to personalise it", so i said ok, go ahead.

He probably thought I was trying it on but in truth the "gloves must be personalised" rule was not explained to me by the crew...

I met him when he came down to Brighton this year. He was nice enough but seemed to be a serious guy though. He was happy to personalise although I didn't ask him to put a message or quote.

Best of luck.

He was a nice guy at LFCC, he personalised my autograph.

Whilst I was in the queue for Edge. I saw someone with a child go up to Carl for a autograph. Carl got a jiffy bag from behind him and gave the child a Apollo Creed playing card (which I was abit jealous of).

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

First time I met Carl Weathers I missed the photoshoot and only grabbed an auto. I never ask for personalisations on my autos or quotes. Just his name and the characters name. :P This time i got a photo and both times he was really happy and polite. :D