Gold Pass

I will say diamonds were worth it for me this year, just the queue jump aspect was nice and in reality if you want to do the whole package with a guest then they aren't that much more expensive.

Gold I dont have an opinion on simply because I didn't have one. I booked my photos early and got Batch 1 for all my guests so was ok there.

I did speak to people who swore by the Gold pass again from a queuing point of view.

I think the best advice I can give is id you can afford it go diamond, and if you want peace of mind because you have a huge list of photos/autographs then look at Gold

• Like 3

i think to make the gold abit more appealing they should add the programme and a poster with all the guests that are attending that would be awesome i liked the bag i got dnt care if the tattoos are out of date i wont be using them anyway will put them on show though

Fair enough, I waz confuzzed Guvnor!

Although I've never had a gold pass I personally think the vouchers would be better if you could use them towards anything but hey ho.

Can't argue with that. :D

Totally agree.... hope they make that change for next year.

Fair enough, I waz confuzzed Guvnor!

Although I've never had a gold pass I personally think the vouchers would be better if you could use them towards anything but hey ho.

Can't argue with that. :D

Totally agree.... hope they make that change for next year.

That would tempt me more, the diamond talk change made me wish I had gone Gold this year. I know it didn't help or hinder a lot of people; but for guests like Dolph/Rutger where I refused to pay the diamond price, if I knew their talk were going to be included I would have upgraded to Gold

For what it's worth.....I don't think the Gold Pass is worth it (personally).

The difference between what I paid for entry and the Gold Pass price was more than my entire autograph budget. With a bit of careful planning, a 7am queuing time and a fairly limited guest-meet list I was able to meet everyone I wanted and still have loads of time to stand around and waiting for Guitar Hero to free up in the gaming zone (I never did get to show off to everyone how good I am at 'Rock You Like A Hurricane' on expert _guitar__by_Gna811.gif).

• Like 2

I had a gold pass this year and for me, personally, it was worth the money.

I only went friday and sunday, as saturday is normally packed.

I had photos with: Sean Maher, Michael Emerson, Mads Mikkelsen, Jeremy Renner and Kim Coates. I don't generally go for autos, but getting in to buy comics and get sketches started was also a factor for me getting it.. that and not having to que at all during the weekend.

The updated gold room (from friday noon and forward) was pretty nice, aircon and cold water.

Mr Tompain! You no longer look like your face! Travesty!

That photo was taken on the way to a Metallica gig back in 2008. That's like 8 years ago. And whilst I still kind of look like that, I feel that it doesn't really represent me anymore. I just kept it for a while as there was decent lighting in the photo.

• Like 1

I went to 3 diamond talks. I definitely saw them queuing diamond, gold and standard in 3 different queues at one stage.

Yeah I saw 3 separate queues a couple of times on Sunday.

I went to the first two diamond talks on Saturday and I raised the issue with the staff, glad to see that it got fixed for Sunday.

• Like 1

For me... As im lazy and more money than sense, gold pass made complete sense and value for money.

To get one thing clear though... Dont be drawn by good bag extra :P wont go into that moan but yh... All GP holders will tell you that.

However, skipping virtual queues i did find really helpful. Admittedly the venue did seem quieter so you could probably have done the same amount without a GP, i guarantee it would take you a lot longer, and also VQs can stop you from taking time to take in a talk or squeezing one extra photoshoot due to clashes, etc. Gold pass certainly takes away most that stress (bot completelt, but most of it). So yeah if you are planning to meet a lot of guests, or next year we have a lot of big names announced that are guaranteed to draw the crowds, i would say its worth it

For me... As im lazy and more money than sense, gold pass made complete sense and value for money.

To get one thing clear though... Dont be drawn by good bag extra :P wont go into that moan but yh... All GP holders will tell you that.

However, skipping virtual queues i did find really helpful. Admittedly the venue did seem quieter so you could probably have done the same amount without a GP, i guarantee it would take you a lot longer, and also VQs can stop you from taking time to take in a talk or squeezing one extra photoshoot due to clashes, etc. Gold pass certainly takes away most that stress (bot completelt, but most of it). So yeah if you are planning to meet a lot of guests, or next year we have a lot of big names announced that are guaranteed to draw the crowds, i would say its worth it

I love that quote and relate to it :yoda:

• Like 1

lol yup... the funniest part is i dont even have that much money so god knows what that sense about how little sense i have...

lol yup... the funniest part is i dont even have that much money so god knows what that sense about how little sense i have...

I definitely have more money than sense, not hard really.

Back on topic though if its a guest who you really want but isnt diamond then Gold wins because you have a much higher chance of getting them.

But as the queues for Christopher Lloyd last year and most of the diamond passes this year prove if they are diamond go diamond

• Like 1

yh think gold proved its worth with guests like Faye Marsay and Natalia Tena... those queues were insane this year! only two queues i truly felt i wouldnt have stood a chance without gold pass

I had planned on get the Gold pass this year but I didn't get it in the end. I agree that some guests the queue was insane like Faye's. I still got to meet her without a GP or even a VQ ticket. I also got Famke's auto and she was Diamond. I managed to get all the autos and photos done quite early on all 3 days. On previous years I would have needed a GP because of how extremely busy they have been.

Edited by SMD1984