Gold Pass

He guys, the last LFCC was my first con ever. I saw lots of people with Golden and Diamond Passes. Here is my question for the ones who had a Gold Pass, is it worth the money? What can you do with it, except of going first into photoshootings? Are there photoshootings included or do you have to pay for all extra? I think in the Diamond Pass shootings are included, right? Do you can go to every autograph queue without a virtuell number? I just want to find out, before the pass for next year go on sale.

I hope its ok that I asked the question. Dont laugh about my English, please...I m a silly German girl :)

Gold pass is entry for all days to con. Also means first to be called for photoshoots - of in case of diamond guest called after diamond passes. You do get a small voucher for autographs and photo however these are for usually 2 x £10 vouchers for £10 guests only. Any other photos or autos you buy seperately. In regards to autos gold means join back any auto queue without needing VQ ticket - or if diamond guest then VQ ticket needed even for gold for diamond.

Edited by Bing250
  • Like 1

No photoshoots are included in the price, nor autographs. The more you want to do the better the value of them

They allow you to get in each day 10 minutes before the regular ticket holders which is vital for getting VQ tickets for any Diamond pass guests.

Th egold pass allows you to join the BACK of any non diamond guest auto queue without the need for VQ tickets. With Diamond guests Gold tickets do not give you any priority whatsoever, so if you have a gold pass and want an auto from a Diamond guest you have to get a VQ ticket.

Photo shoots - you have to buy tickets but for non diamond guest shoots you get to go first, for diamond guest, you go behind the diamond pass holders.

You also get free entry to non diamond guest, paid talks with front row seating.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

No photoshoots are included in the price, nor autographs. The more you want to do the better the value of them

They allow you to get in each day 10 minutes before the regular ticket holders which is vital for getting VQ tickets for any Diamond pass guests.

Th egold pass allows you to join the BACK of any non diamond guest auto queue without the need for VQ tickets. With Diamond guests Gold tickets do not give you any priority whatsoever, so if you have a gold pass and want an auto from a Diamond guest you have to get a VQ ticket.

Photo shoots - you have to buy tickets but for non diamond guest shoots you get to go first, for diamond guest, you go behind the diamond pass holders.

You also get free entry to non diamond guest, paid talks with front row seating.

Hope that helps.

Didnt let us in early this year lol had to laugh at that

• Like 2

Ahhhhh thank you. But didnt they also sell Early bird tickets? And you can go and collect the VQs before everybody else?

Gold passes should get in earluer which should allow you to get low vq tickets for diamind guests; however, that didnt happen this year and we got in same time as standard whonwere closer to that auto area therefore got low VQs.

If you have a LOT of photoshoots and autos to get, it is an absolute godsend. OK, things went a bit wrong this year in terms of getting in before Standards to nab the best virtual queue tickets for Diamond guests, but normally I'd say it's brilliant for that too (it was fine last year). But it depends on what you want; only you can weigh up the pros and cons of buying one. Personally, I wouldn't do LFCC Summer without one, as I know I'll have several guests I want to meet, but people can manage fine without one (although if you're after a Diamond guest, the Gold Pass is usually the next-best thing to a Diamond pass if you want to be in with a chance of meeting that guest).

• Like 1

Hope that helps.

Didnt let us in early this year lol had to laugh at that

I know, but you're supposed to be able to get in so that's why I included it :smile:

Ahhhhh thank you. But didnt they also sell Early bird tickets? And you can go and collect the VQs before everybody else?

Due to it's growing size and higher profile guests they did away with the Early Birds for LFCC. There is now just one standard general entry that lets you in from opening time. They may sell general late entry if they haven't sold out but that's only announced near to the day of the event.

Gold's should go in first but there were some communication issues this year so on Friday and Saturday they didn't get let in until 9am, same as the general entry. So yes, you should have a few moments to get the VQ's first.

• Like 1

I hope its ok that I asked the question. Dont laugh about my English, please...I m a silly German girl :)

Oh and... Ihr Englisch ist so viel besser als mein Deutsch. :P

Haha aber der Satz was perfect :)

• Like 1

But Gold pass is a general pass, right. And Diamond is for one special guest? I remember that they sold Jeremy Renner, Mads Mikkelsen etc. Diamond Passes.

Gold pass is entry to the event and the perks mentioned above. General entry is just entry to the venue, nothing else is included.

Diamond passes are guest specific for the named guest only. You generally get a photo, a seat at the talk and 1 or 2 autographs included that you are guaranteed in a Diamond pass and Diamond pass holders have priority access to the guest over all other ticket holders.

It is possible that Diamond pass guests will not make to VQ tickets if they have sold loads of Diamond passes, but this year they did make it to VQ's for all diamond guests.

But Gold pass is a general pass, right. And Diamond is for one special guest? I remember that they sold Jeremy Renner, Mads Mikkelsen etc. Diamond Passes.

Gold pass is entry to the event and the perks mentioned above. General entry is just entry to the venue, nothing else is included.

Diamond passes are guest specific for the named guest only. You generally get a photo, a seat at the talk and 1 or 2 autographs included that you are guaranteed in a Diamond pass and Diamond pass holders have priority access to the guest over all other ticket holders.

It is possible that Diamond pass guests will not make to VQ tickets if they have sold loads of Diamond passes, but this year they did make it to VQ's for all diamond guests.

Awesome. Thanks for your answers. That helps a lot. Will think about it. This year I could have needed a diamond or gold pass, because I didnt get my autograph from Jeremy. Thank you!!

You don't always need a Gold Pass as I did 33 photo shoots and 19 autographs without one. I was only there for four hours on the Sunday too, so could of done a lot more.

That makes it sound like you managed to get all that done in 4 hours only! You must be Flash and Superman rolled into 1 :clap:

• Like 2

You don't always need a Gold Pass as I did 33 photo shoots and 19 autographs without one. I was only there for four hours on the Sunday too, so could of done a lot more.

That makes it sound like you managed to get all that done in 4 hours only! You must be Flash and Superman rolled into 1 :clap:

:drunk:

OOOps you are right. Was there all day Friday and Saturday......................................................

• Like 1

Jeremy was open queue for at least Sat and Sun afternoon.

I was too busy with photoshootings on Saturday and had to leave Sunday at 12 to get my plane :( But I have my pictures, that matters :)

Sorry to hear that. But gives you something to look forward to if SM can get him back :)

Personal opinion here. First year with a Gold Pass at LFCC, worth every penny! Ok, I didn't get let in first (although that apparently didn't happen anyway) but it meant I could literally roll in at a time that suited me - usually 9.30 each day and just walk straight in in my own queue. Don't think I had a single person in front of me on all 3 days.

LOVED getting into photoshoots first (or second if diamond was also in play) - I didn't worry about a single clash all weekend as I knew I'd be in and done in no time, even when I had one shoot starting in the middle of my Jeremy Renner shoot, I knew I'd be done in loads of time to make it. That said, in one shoot, the crew never even called for Gold Pass holders, so I ended up queuing as normal anyway, but that only happened once.

We got 2 x £10 autographs included, a £5 prop shoot and a paid for talk. We SHOULD have had 2 x £10 photoshoots and this is my one annoyance here, that the terms and conditions of the ticket were changed the day before the con, which felt rather like I'd been cheated out of what I paid for and did leave a bad taste in my mouth, I'll be honest.

I was lucky that I didn't have any autographs that I wanted that were VQ controlled so this never really made a difference to me.

The Gold Room was something and nothing but the access to fresh cold water was useful and needed. The cola bottles were rather nice too!

The Gold 'bag' really isn't even worth mentioning (unless you like tattoos 2 years past their use by date!)

That's basically just the opinion of this one guy, make of it what you will. I don't buy gold for other local SM events, I don't see the point, but for LFCC, it's now a must for any future attendances.

• Like 1

We got 2 x £10 autographs included, a £5 prop shoot and a paid for talk. We SHOULD have had 2 x £10 photoshoots and this is my one annoyance here, that the terms and conditions of the ticket were changed the day before the con, which felt rather like I'd been cheated out of what I paid for and did leave a bad taste in my mouth, I'll be honest.

Pretty sure it's the other way around, that it should have been 2 £10 autograph vouchers that should have been included and it got changed to talk ticket, no?

Pretty sure it's the other way around, that it should have been 2 £10 autograph vouchers that should have been included and it got changed to talk ticket, no?

No it was the photos that were changed to talk.

• Like 2

I concur with Carlosreddevil and Bing250: we had two auto vouchers and two photoshoot tickets and the latter were converted to talk tickets. I used my auto vouchers but never got a chance to use the talk tickets (I'd already paid for the one talk I wanted to attend, which was Rutger Hauer's). The Info Desk did assure me that all I needed to do was wave the two raffle ticket-like vouchers that represented my photo-turned-talk tickets and I'd get into the Diamond talks, though.