Fewer people at LFCC this year?

This is sth that has been bugging me all week: did fewer people attend the Con this year? It's not just that it was less crowded, because that could be an illusion caused by the lots of extra space; it's the fact that I got really low VT numbers this year. Last year all numbers were in the triple digits, and I starting queueing at 8; this year Saturday I got double digits numbers and one number 152 (Jack Gleeson), and Sunday I got number 80-sth for Jack Gleeson. I joined the queue 7:45 or Sat and 8 on Sun, so not that much earlier. I hope the decline in attendance, if it actually happened, was due to overcrowding last year, and now the problem has been solved more people will come next year.

Definitely felt quieter.

But there was no Aliens of BTTF reunion this year which I think were major draws for last year's show.

Like others have said having more space is great especially in between stalls

There was a couple of times though where guests were queing both sides of aisle (judge Reinhold)

Edited by benweblight

I only went on Sunday so compared to last year's Saturday, it seemed significantly quieter. I'm not complaining though... it was still plenty busy enough without being unbearable.

I only went Sunday too. But I am surprised I didn't see a girl in a saw cosplay screaming and fangirling all over Michael Emmerson, Tobin Bell and Mads, let alone kidnapping them. I am actually gutted!!! :geek:;)

• Like 1

Yeah same here, not complaining but it did seem quieter. I did que at 6am on saturday soo my VQ numbers were all under 20!

Half way through the day i did realise i forgot to get kim coates VQ, i quickly rushed to his table and to my shock the VQ number was only 127!! I honestly thought i was too late. (Still having nightmares from last year, getting lost and collecting VQ numbers as high as 400!!) Plus another bonus his que was quiet soo the mod just let me through, happy days. I also did manage to leave earleir, getting everything done before 3pm. Again im not complaining but this is the first con that i can remember which was surprisingly stess free :)

Wasn't sold out perhaps become the extra space meant extra capacity over last year.

I got really low VQT's all weekend too, 31 being the highest even for diamond guest. But some of that was also down to GP holders not going in earlier than standard entry.

Don't forget the show wasn't sold out this year like it was last year, so there probably were a few less people and combined with the extra space made it seem even less.

I can't comment on whether there were less/more numbers through the door but the fact it was not sold out is presumably due to the fact that the additional hall meant LFCC had a higher capacity before it would be sold out. Therefore the fact it was not sold out does not necessarily meant there were less attendees than last year.

I can't comment as I wasn't at last years but my friends who were said it was easier. 40% more floor space is almost half of what they had the year before so that may have been one reason to making it seem quiet as well as all the guests and the things to do with them being held in the same areas; people just gather there. Friday was quiet but it's a work day and Saturday was busy enough but not as bad as I had feared. That is a good thing I have to add as it's tough enough being in costume with a friend who needs to be almost forcibly told that you need a break for food/water/comfort and tends to forget/get distracted by stalls when they said they'd take a break. It's hard to say as there are all manner of reasons and factors into why it seemed quiet.

Hard to say..... more space may make it seem so and VQ no. Could be down to as said gold in same times as std. I must say i enjoyed it so much better...so much less stressful. I hope same next year. Enjoyed the layout better and hope that made the difference. Only SM will know volumes compared last year.

It was less crowded and hectic, but we did have more space.

I've had some of my fellow cosplayers saying on Facebook that they didn't go because of last year's LFCC, or for personal reasons, and there was something else going on at the same time which was closer to home for some of them.

I only went on Sunday so compared to last year's Saturday, it seemed significantly quieter. I'm not complaining though... it was still plenty busy enough without being unbearable.

I only went Sunday too. But I am surprised I didn't see a girl in a saw cosplay screaming and fangirling all over Michael Emmerson, Tobin Bell and Mads, let alone kidnapping them. I am actually gutted!!! :geek:;)

Excuse you, I do not scream and fangirl... I have internal silent breakdowns, like a lady.

• Like 2

Excuse you, I do not scream and fangirl... I have internal silent breakdowns, like a lady.

I've never lost my s*** completely when meeting a guest. But there have been a few where I was still shaking when trying to shake their hand and say thanks lol.

I think it was great on friday, too crowed on saturday and alright on sunday. So my future days become friday and sunday. I like to talk to the guests and not pushed away after seconds :)

Edited by Nadine84

I first started coming to these events in 2010 and attended, almost, albeit religiously, met a number of awesome people who I otherwise most probably wouldnt have met, this year I was only interested in Michelle Gomez for Green Wing and Rachael Stott, was half tempted to go for the Beverly Hills Cop peeps.

But a few weeks back I spent a crazy amount of money on an actor whom I needed to complete a bluray for me, I feel that it was at that point when I more or less decided that within the short space of time that I've met those who've InSpired me in one way or another that I've met all who I've wanted to meet - although would be nice to get Stephen King to sign my Carrie novel at one point but I doubt that'll happen, so yep with the crazy money I'd spent previously I relooked at LFCC and why would I be going? I doubt I'll get the rest of the Green Wing cast on my boxset - plus I did happen to meet Michelle a few years ago.

ANd in all the years that I've done LFCC this will be the first year that I didnt go.

I don't really want to complain about the less-crowded situation either, but I'm a bit concerned that if Showmasters don't get their money's worth from the extra space it will go back to the smaller space of previous years.

I had this same concern. So DavidB's answer fills me with joy :)

the extra space was perfect and suited the layout very well :smile: ,even the wrestlers had there own section lol everyone could relax and breathe,i remember walking like cattle at earls court.........

Olympia 10/10

Parking 10/10

Crowds 10/10

Earls Court 3/10

Parking 1/10

Crowds 0/10

• Like 1

Can't comment on the parking, I'd love to drive in as it would be so much easier, but if I tried to drive in London, Outer or Central I would literally have to have a shower and change into non 'browned' trousers at the end of it! Driving to Redbridge on a Sunday once was horrific enough.