Is anyone missing it already?

There is a shampoo in our store that states on the bottle that the contents is not edible. Seriously people actually eat shampoo? What is this world coming too?

We need labels like this. On everything.

I think we need to leave it for natural selection. I put a wet floor sign up once after cleaning a spill and a customer wasn't looking and tripped over the sign. I didn't think I needed to have a sign to say watch out for the sign. :lol:

Edited by gazbritten

There is a shampoo in our store that states on the bottle that the contents is not edible. Seriously people actually eat shampoo? What is this world coming too?

I think we need to leave it for natural selection. I put a wet floor sign up once after cleaning a spill and a customer wasn't looking and tripped over the sign. I didn't think I needed to have a sign to say watch out for the sign. :lol:

I've had people walk up to the ice table at work and had conversations like:

"Is this real ice?"

"Yes."

"I thought it was fake ice. Why do you have ice?"

"For the face masks, they're made with perishable fresh ingredients."

"Oh. Can you eat these?"

"No... they're face masks. For your skin."

"But they have spoons in them. They look like ice cream."

"Face masks..."

"I want to eat everything in here."

"..."

• Like 2

"Is this real ice?"

"Yes."

"Oh. Can you eat these?"

"Face masks..."

"..."

omg are people for real? Maybe you should let them try it! I had a customer once that came to the customer service desk demanding to speak to the Manager and I came to ask him "What is wrong" to be shown an open box of Kipling Cherry Cakes. He then goes on to yell "The cherries are not dead centre" and proceeds to pull out a ruler to show me. He then wanted to open all the boxes on the shelf to inspect them all.

"Is this real ice?"

"Yes."

"Oh. Can you eat these?"

"Face masks..."

"..."

omg are people for real? Maybe you should let them try it! I had a customer once that came to the customer service desk demanding to speak to the Manager and I came to ask him "What is wrong" to be shown an open box of Kipling Cherry Cakes. He then goes on to yell "The cherries are not dead centre" and proceeds to pull out a ruler to show me. He then wanted to open all the boxes on the shelf to inspect them all.

That might have been an extreme OCD compulsion. I got kicked out of a bar once for trying to straighten a light fitting...yes I was sober.

Customer wise I get people asking where shops are even though I don't work for the centre, and in some cases they are right behind them.

I work for a big corporate company and one of our clients is a big entertainment company, we have daily conversations that go:

Good morning XXXXXX

Are you YYYYYY

No, we are XXXXXX, YYYYY are a client of ours, we deal with their media and are a separate company to them

Oh, I want to buy tickets to WWWWW

You will need to call them I'm afraid, as I said we deal with their media and we aren't YYYYY

But your number is on their website

Yes, and it says to call us for media issues

So you can't help me?

No unfortunately not

Well why have I come through to you then

????????????????

Can you put me through

Errrrrrrrrrrr no

Well how do I get hold of YYYYYY then?

Their numbers are clearly listed on their website on the contact page

so you can't help me?

Sorry no

Well thanks a lot you've been a load of help! slams phone down

???????????????????????????

• Like 1

This didn't happen in my store, but somebody posted this on our staff homepage last Christmas...

tumblr_nzutigZxhV1snawuko1_1280.jpg

It does look a bit cheese like if you were colour blind and were squinting

A little bit. But the soap pieces are always clustered around what is clearly a whole wheel of soap, which is located on a table marked "HAND MADE SOAP", which is located in a shop that sells SOAP.

I will continue to be baffled and awed by people who walk into a cosmetics store and willy-nilly pick up testers to eat them. I don't want into the fruit and veg area of a supermarket, take a bite out of an apple, and put it back again. o_o

• Like 1

This didn't happen in my store, but somebody posted this on our staff homepage last Christmas...

A little bit. But the soap pieces are always clustered around what is clearly a whole wheel of soap, which is located on a table marked "HAND MADE SOAP", which is located in a shop that sells SOAP.

I will continue to be baffled and awed by people who walk into a cosmetics store and willy-nilly pick up testers to eat them. I don't want into the fruit and veg area of a supermarket, take a bite out of an apple, and put it back again. o_o

Well you say that about apples but we have people that do. One women comes in a picks one up to eat around the store.

A little bit. But the cheese pieces are always clustered around what is clearly a whole wheel of cheese, which is located on a table marked "HAND MADE cheese", which is located in a shop that sells cheese.

I've corrected it for you.

No, there really no explanation when Lush is clearly a cosmetics company, it's not like it's pretending to be or even looks like something else. Alternatively it's not like they walk into the dairy section of a supermarket, take a wedge of Edam off the shelf and try to wash themselves with it if they are getting that confused about it all!

I work for a big corporate company and one of our clients is a big entertainment company, we have daily conversations that go:

Good morning XXXXXX

Are you YYYYYY

No, we are XXXXXX, YYYYY are a client of ours, we deal with their media and are a separate company to them

Oh, I want to buy tickets to WWWWW

You will need to call them I'm afraid, as I said we deal with their media and we aren't YYYYY

But your number is on their website

Yes, and it says to call us for media issues

So you can't help me?

No unfortunately not

Well why have I come through to you then

????????????????

Can you put me through

Errrrrrrrrrrr no

Well how do I get hold of YYYYYY then?

Their numbers are clearly listed on their website on the contact page

so you can't help me?

Sorry no

Well thanks a lot you've been a load of help! slams phone down

???????????????????????????

My job involves selling stuff that you have to be over 18 to buy... this is a true encounter

Kid about 14: How much is broadband?

Me: Your too young, go away.

Kid: You think I can't afford it???

Me: Your too young.

Kid: I'm wearing a rolex

I get annoyed: Its fake.

Kid loses his temper, calls me fat, says I still live with my parents.

Final response (with a smile): Actually I was with your Mum.

I walk away whilst kid is shouting after me.

2 things I can't stand rude people and over entitled kids. So yeah occasionally I let it get to me :)

• Like 2

We all do unfortunately, I can deal with morons, annoying and rude people who just won't listen and rude sales calls fine, but when you end the call with one, and pick up another, and then another, that's when it gets to me, so many times during the day our calls do have a few expletives uttered after we have put the phone down to let off steam!

People with small minds and big egos think they can be abusive. But each time I deal with one if those idiots I just think you are paying for me to go to conventions and on holiday so I will deal with your rubbish then swear behind your back.

• Like 1

so i just feel the need to check... that picture isnt cheese? i cant eat it? :(

and raylenth needs to get me a well paid job in her company i reckon.... :P

Well, we are looking at coffee options for out office staff. Apparently the coffee shop style coffee machines we have that do cappuccino's, latte's ect that are free for all our staff to use are no longer 'good' enough so we may be changing. One of the options that the management wanted us to look into was in our main cafe's is that they want a Barista to stand in the kitchen to serve coffee's. We only have about 100 people on that floor so it's not going to be a hard job.

so i just feel the need to check... that picture isnt cheese? i cant eat it? :(

and raylenth needs to get me a well paid job in her company i reckon.... :P

Well, we are looking at coffee options for out office staff. Apparently the coffee shop style coffee machines we have that do cappuccino's, latte's ect that are free for all our staff to use are no longer 'good' enough so we may be changing. One of the options that the management wanted us to look into was in our main cafe's is that they want a Barista to stand in the kitchen to serve coffee's. We only have about 100 people on that floor so it's not going to be a hard job.

lol i dont mind a hard job if it pays well :P but in all seriousness you guys wouldnt want to drink coffee that ive made...

• Like 1