Paint Pens

lingham

I know this is for a past event but I know I will get some good replies in here.

Im looking to purchase some paint pens to get pops signed.

This kinda thing

s-l1600.jpg

But not sure which make to get. Ideally want red firstly but help!!!

I got a stack somewhere, will see if I find the brand. I got them from German eBay, an arts supply store.

I do agree that they are very hit and miss though. I had one dying on me when going from the Hotel - where I had tested it - to a character meal at Disney. Granted it was very funny to see Chip from Chip and Dale mock telling off the pen for dying, but I would have prefered it working. :lol:

I can't recall the first one I had but I bought a white Pilot Super Colour last week for LFCC and you have to press the nib down quite firmly to try and get an even flow and then loads pours out. If you don't press down firmly the nib doesn't hold enough 'paint' to work, you get a strong initial bit immediately followed by thin and wispy and to be honest even when you hold it down it doesn't dry nice and solidly like the one in the OP, it looks like watered down milk.

If anyone does know a good reliable brand name it would be good to know. At £5/6 a pop they aren't cheap to buy so if you keep getting dud's it soon adds up.

The first I got from Amazon - I'll see if I can find the details but the Pilot I got from Rymans.

Edit: the Amazon one was a Gold Sharpie oil based paint pen.

Edited by Raylenth

I know this may be a silly question but can you recall the brand of the pen ?

Try Ebay and go from there failing that try Stapes or if you have such a thing a Art supply shop or craft shop

This isnt my photo or auto mate just one I found on ebay lol

Edit: I was just playing around with my white pen before throwing it away and used it on a sunmaid raisin box and it looks a heck of a lot better. I had tested it on paper so I think the more fibrous the media the crappier the pen works, it really needs to be a smooth shinier surface. I'll try and find an old photo that I don't want anymore and try it on that, and some plastic covering.

Again, they have them on Amazon UK but there are a few different brands. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Liquitex-2-4-Fine-Paint-Marker/dp/B00BSR91CM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1470317169&sr=8-3&keywords=Silver+paint+pens never used these but if you look at the drop down menu they have loads of colours.

Edited by Raylenth