Security at LFCC

Was it just me or did security seem a bit more "on the ball"/overbearing depending on your view point this year?

I had the inside of my boxing glove checked at the Dolph photoshoot, I was patted down in Rutger's photoshoot ("unfortunately it's not a bomb just my flab" I remarked) and we all know about Famke's security guard!

Anyone else find the security a bit more in your face this year??

• Like 1

I had to laugh while going into the entry holding hall, One of the bag checkers at the table was examining my Ruck sack... It's only a small bag, He was opening every zip.. Theres a pocket which can hold small things little money or keys etc.. Made me laugh that people carrying guns / Knives / Baseball bats and all type of weapons was going in... I was expecting him to hand me a weapon so I could go in.... :smile:

I noticed it in the photoshoots which I think is a good thing as you do get some nutters out there, but not entering the building. There was a guy outside shouting to have your bags open ready for checking so I fully expected to have my bag thoroughly searched after all the news stories recently. A lady just glanced in mine and a guy asked my sister if hers was a 'travelling bag', it was a ruck sack, she just said 'yeah' and he let her through. We could have had anything inside......

Was it just me or did security seem a bit more "on the ball"/overbearing depending on your view point this year?

I had the inside of my boxing glove checked at the Dolph photoshoot, I was patted down in Rutger's photoshoot ("unfortunately it's not a bomb just my flab" I remarked) and we all know about Famke's security guard!

I saw gloves being checked - does anyone know what they were looking for?

I had to laugh while going into the entry holding hall, One of the bag checkers at the table was examining my Ruck sack... It's only a small bag, He was opening every zip.. Theres a pocket which can hold small things little money or keys etc.. Made me laugh that people carrying guns / Knives / Baseball bats and all type of weapons was going in... I was expecting him to hand me a weapon so I could go in.... :smile:

One of the guests had a flick knife in his pocket...

Sweets?

• Like 1

Does anyone else see the comedy in the fact that you get searched on the way in but can buy knifes and swords inside anyway...... Save being thrown out by bringing your own knife.

I think the Knife and Sword sellers have to wrap up and secure any purchased before they hand them over. I certainly saw one person who had bought a Key Blade for her cosplay go back out to Security to have it checked before she was able to go inside with it. The swords people are allowed in with are not sharp, the guns don't function, baseball bats are a little iffy, but there's enough security around that people couldn;t beat someone to death before they were restrained.

They search inside gloves as there have been several incidents in America where ex boxers are doing photoshoots and the attendee is "pretending" to hit them but then actually does and the glove has metal inside!

The funniest thing was at one point security took a BB gun from somebody in the Jeremy autograph queue and got some very strange looks from people as they were leaving.

Probably if there were any razor blades or such like embedded inside. a very small proportion of people are literally crazy and would be looking to hurt the celebrities so security have to check

One of the guests had a flick knife in his pocket...

I was just about to say Hardcore Holly had a knife on stage in the 2nd wrestler talk

Probably if there were any razor blades or such like embedded inside. a very small proportion of people are literally crazy and would be looking to hurt the celebrities so security have to check

Cinder blocks tiny little ones

It was good to see high security in the venue as you really don't know what goes through some people minds and I know there are a lot of people out there that can't tell the difference between an actor/actress and their roles they play.

It did make me laugh when I had my poster carrier checked and was told they have been told to look out for real arrows due to the amount of bows being brought in!

I can understand completely. My toy rifle was checked on Saturday, bar the orange end it does look very convincing, and get why the security for guests had a look at it. There are some disturbed people out there who will do some crazy things at events where celebrities attend so it is necessary for their safety and the people like us who go.

I thought for a second they weren't going to allow me to take my crossbow inside. The guy examined it for some long few minutes and my partner and I had to repeat to him the only arrow was plastic (it did have the bright orange end to show it is not real), and that it couldn't be fired since it was attached, before he allowed me to go with an unconvinced look on his face.

But hey, I just took it as a compliment on the good job I did with the weathering to make it look like a metal real crossbow instead of the plastic toy it actually was, lol.

Edited by KarenRoss

Yes, the security presence was high but I for one was happy with it. My friends and I got chatting to one of the lovely security ladies on the door and she explained that they had been placed on high level alert simply because of the current world we live in. Sad but true.

They were mainly checking for sharp items and were very polite and professional about it.

I had my arrows checked during one of my Jeremy Renner photos. The security was very polite and great when I answered his queries re my arrows. Very respectful and professional. I do commend him for doing a great job.

As someone who does know quite a few people who work security I do respect them and will be happy to let them do their job.

On Sunday I did declare I had a toy gun (actually a NES Zapper) still in its holster, and the guy who searched my bag commented that he hasn't seen one of them for a long time.

He had trouble clipping a strap back on and left me to deal with that.