THE WRESTLERS

I'm not a fan of wrestling at all but at LFCC i went with a couple of friends who are and kept their company as they went to tables to get autos off the Wrestlers and 'pics with' if possible. Surprized at how lovely they all are and genuinely pleased to meet thier fans.Compared to some of the TV/Film guests they are well worth the money and effort. Found them all to be chatty, polite, prepared to do all they can to make meeting them a great experiance and obviously enjoying it as much as the fans. How cool of them.As i said i'm no fan of Wrestling itself but i came away from LFCC with respect for those guys. Wish everybody was so aware of the value of good PR. Speaking to others at the event and others since on facebook/twitter all of them had the same experiance and can't wait to see the next batch of wrestlers announced for next year. It made the whole event so much more enjoyable.

• Like 3

It's nice to see a non-wrestling fan write a positive review of the wrestling guests as sometimes their appearance can be generally unnoticed. Nearly all independent wrestling shows will have a meet and greet of some degree so I guess they're used to the fan interaction which could explain why some are more fan friendly than your "standard actor".

I've been a wrestling fan for over 27 years and am so pleased that over the last few years they've been a fixture at Showmasters events. This year was the busiest I've ever seen them at an event which is very encouraging for the future. Keep up the good work in bringing them over. Maybe we'll his that Wrestling Diamond Guest at some point?! :whistling:

• Like 3

Edge and RVD were really lovely and chatty, Edge smiled and laughed when I told him the history of the MITB winners and RVD quizzed me on who was the first guy to call himself "Mr Money In The Bank". Lita was nice two years ago as was Cowboy James Storm.

Gotta agree, they always seem to go the extra mile, my only issue this time was over 2 days of being there I only heard Hacksaw shout HHHHOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo on one occasion! That isn't right...

Marc Mero next please people...

Gotta agree, they always seem to go the extra mile, my only issue this time was over 2 days of being there I only heard Hacksaw shout HHHHOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo on one occasion! That isn't right...

I was Jim's Guest Assistant on Sunday and I can confirm that there was quite a lot of HOOOOOOoooooo going on through the day. I even took part myself a time or two! He is an absolute jem of a man, super funny and smart. He was fantastic when meeting fans and he was very nice to me. I had a great day with him.

I loved meeting Mr Holly!

18 years ago I bought a horse. I didn't like her name so changed it and being huge wrestling fans at the time, we called her Hardcore Holly. I never even imagined I'd get a chance to meet Bob Holly, which made this really special.

I gave him a photo and hoof print from my mare and got him to sign her stable sign. He was so friendly and seemed to love hearing about my Holly.

Thankyou SM it was a great experience that I never thought would happen. Next year I'm riding Holly horse to the con ;-)

• Like 1

Agree with all the comments. I am a massive wrestling fan and have met quite a few over the years. I have to say all of them have been great. Chatty and willing to do over the table photos. Hacksaw was so funny on the Saturday. At one point he shouted "this place is like a library" and got everyone to shout Hooooo!!!

The wrestlers this year were the busiest I have seen at a SM event especially RVD and Edge. Let's hope SM get some more top names for future shows.

Please keep bringing the wrestlers every year! Their was a lot of hate on twitter (shock) saying 'not another wrestling guest' or 'their not even on tv or film.. why do they book them'

Ahhh!!!

Anyway so pleased how it all turned out, they were all soo lovely. Had great talks with rvd and expecially Kim, she is amazing. Keep it up showmasters, and yes you never know we might one year could have a diamond wrestling guest.

Please The Rock!..

• Like 3

I did say to RVD on Saturday, they should've given Mr Monday Night a bigger table on a Saturday 😅

I've always enjoyed the wrestlers that Showmasters get involved. GUTTED I missed The Dudleyz last year! Hope against hope that they come back soon 😭

Honestly, any Attitude era WWF and ECW stars would be fantastic. There's a BIG roster to choose from there!

There was a great line-up of wrestlers this year. I met them all except for one (Colt Cabana) as I didn't know who he was.

Jim Duggan was great fun and Gail Kim even persuaded me to get one of her "racier" photos signed.........

There was a great line-up of wrestlers this year. I met them all except for one (Colt Cabana) as I didn't know who he was.

Jim Duggan was great fun and Gail Kim even persuaded me to get one of her "racier" photos signed.........

Colt does an awesome podcast called Art of Wrestling, you can listen to all the back episodes on Soundcloud iirc. Gets really good guests, he's had Flair, Foley, HBK, Ambrose, Rollins, Neville off the top of my head.

He's also Punk's best friend, they were RoH tag champs back in the day.

Really glad Colt was there and that I got to meet him, nice to see a non WWE/TNA wrestler included. Edge and RVD were great too, RVD really is exactly how you'd imagine :P

Colt does an awesome podcast called Art of Wrestling, you can listen to all the back episodes on Soundcloud iirc. Gets really good guests, he's had Flair, Foley, HBK, Ambrose, Rollins, Neville off the top of my head.

Really glad Colt was there and that I got to meet him, nice to see a non WWE/TNA wrestler included. Edge and RVD were great too, RVD really is exactly how you'd imagine :P

Well technically he was a WWE wrestler - just not for very long.

Well technically he was a WWE wrestler - just not for very long.

Ha, yeah so he was, I'd completely forgotten that. But he's not primarily famous for that.

I was Jim's Guest Assistant on Sunday and I can confirm that there was quite a lot of HOOOOOOoooooo going on through the day. I even took part myself a time or two! He is an absolute jem of a man, super funny and smart. He was fantastic when meeting fans and he was very nice to me. I had a great day with him.

Me and my husband kept laughing as we would keep randomly hearing Jim shouting HOOOOoooooooooooooo and a few times we were far away and we heard it. Was epic. Lol. He did it many times Edited by Bing250
  • Like 2

Me and my husband kept laughing as we would keep randomly hearing Jim shouting HOOOOoooooooooooooo and a few times we were far away and we heard it. Was epic. Lol. He did it many times

His voice was starting to go by the end of Sunday but he still did it every time anyone asked. Such a lovely guy.

Ive been to loads of showmasters events and never met the wrestlers but i made sure i met RVD as i remember being a big fan as a kid and i suprised myself about how excited i got when i met him.

I also went to the talk on sunday where Colt Cobana did his podcast as i had some spare time between photos and i needed a chair as my feet were killing me and i really really enjoyed it i laughed loads and i didnt know any of the other wresters there (exept Edge) but was so interested in there stories that i think im gonna make it a mission now to meet them when they do an event.

Yeah the talk on Sunday was fantastic! Paid for the Jeremy Renner talk, but would've happily paid the £20 for this instead!

Keep checking the Art Of Wrestling soundcloud like some sort of fiend waiting for it to go up 😂

For real, I think RVD had way more love than people expected; and Edge was so much chiller and cooler than expected too!

Thanks again to Showmasters. More of the same please! With a personal preference to ECW! 😉

Me and my husband kept laughing as we would keep randomly hearing Jim shouting HOOOOoooooooooooooo and a few times we were far away and we heard it. Was epic. Lol. He did it many times

His voice was starting to go by the end of Sunday but he still did it every time anyone asked. Such a lovely guy.

Sunday was the day I wasn't there... typical