Famke Janssen Appreciation Thread - positive comments only

I just wanted to start a thread for people who, like me, had a positive experience meeting Famke and would like to share it. So if you feel like posting negative or sarcastic comments please kindly post them on one of the other threads and keep this one dedicated to positivity! :)

• Like 3

Personally I found her delightful. Tbf, I'm never over-chatty to the guests, and I never expect them to be overjoyed to meet me - because they don't know me! I'm a random fan paying to meet them, who they certainly won't remember in a weeks time! But I had a lovely experience meeting Famke. I just said hi and asked how she was, not expecting a conversation, just expecting an autograph, and she said she was good, asked if I was having a good day, and complimented me on my outfit, which really made my day tbh! She made the effort to make small talk, thanked me for coming to see her, which is more than I expect and more than a lot of guests give.

She was charming and funny in her talk, and it was money well spent in my opinion. She looked a little bit put out by a few of the questions/comments that were edging towards sexist, but she handled them with grace, and I really respected that.

I didn't get a photo with her, because I don't usually like how I look in photos, so I can't comment on that side, but overall I am really glad I got to meet her, and she seemed absolutely lovely.

• Like 3

I think you have the same kind of expectations that I have with guests Inga. I go hoping to get a nice autograph or photo, and any other conversation I have with a guest is a bonus. I did get a photoshoot with Famke and I am happy with the result and that I got to meet her if only for a brief moment. Unfortunately I didn't have time to get an autograph but I am glad you had such a positive experience when you got yours.

• Like 1

Famke was the reason I came to the LFCC, bought a diamond pass, booked an hotel and train tickets to come (and have driven quite 8hours, and 8hours are to come today again).

First time I get to see her for real this weekend is near the autograph table, from a distance and I was already shaking.

But since I wanted my photo signed, I waited a little more.

So first real meeting was at the morning photoshoot. She smiled at me and said hi and asked me how I was, but I only had time to answer and barely asking her how she was that the photo was taken and I had to go...

However, the autograph time went very well ! I had my photo, a DVD cover from a almost unknown movie she did with Emilie de Ravin and a little piece of paper on it with my name and a little French flag. Like you, all conversation and small talk is really a bonus for me so the moment she began to speak French to me made my weekend ! She basically had the same conversation with me that she had with you guys, but in my language ! :D

And after that, I really enjoyed the talk ! Some comments/questions by the fans felt off place in my point of view but she handled it well :)

And then she spoke about that French radio station that she listens to so she could practice her French and because they airs a lot of kinds of musics and I was happy of that too (maybe I am taking it too personally since I am not the only French person on the planet but never mind).

So yes I am happy I spent all that money !

• Like 3

My encounters with Famke were brief as she had a lot of people to meet, but fine - she responded to my greeting in the photoshoot with a quick smile and hi, and after she signed my autograph (which she personalized with my name and a little heart, awww) she looked up, smiled and thanked me. I was happy to have met her.

Edited by CosmicAvatar
  • Like 3

I think she was really kind.

When I had my photoshoot with her, she smiled, said "hi... How are you?" So I answered, and asked her the same while the photo was taken, so I was a bit afraid for the result. I smile, while talking at the photo (looks a little bit awkward), but hey, now I have a picture of me talking to one of the most beautiful women in this World.

And after that, at the autograph table, she was really kind too, and said "thank you" and smiled again.

So I really appriciate meeting her!

Edited by Kash
  • Like 2

As before I'm only too glad to add my happy experience with her. Shd said hello, she commented on my items at the signing table and I even got to ask her a question at the talk ( about the casting process in Goldeneye - I was the guy who said the audience should give her a round of applause for her performance as Xenia, which everyone did!)

I thought she was great and a wonderful addition to my list of Bond star meets over the years!

• Like 2

I had no issues at all with the autograph signing she shook my hand & greeted me as she was signing somebody came up talking to her she stopped signing to talk to them then apologised for the interruption & signed my next photo we had a brief chat overall a good interaction

• Like 2

I am so happy someone has set up this thread :thumbup:

I really was very pleased with my Famke experience. Considering she was an extremely busy guest, I was more than happy that I received a "hello how are you?", a smile, eye contact and a personalisation. She really was very sweet :wub: I can only imagine how intimidating these meet and greats must be if you're not a regular, there is a lot of pressure to meet everyone's expectations up close and personal. I think she did great and I am so glad I met her! :dance:

• Like 2

I was quite apprehensive beforehand because of what I'd read on here before, as I was at the con on the Sunday. But I thought she was friendly when I met her for the autograph. I had an original Goldeneye lobby card for her to sign, and she asked me what colour pen she should go for and asked if I wanted the character name too. She also referred to me by my name when she spoke to me. I mentioned I liked her in Hemlock Grove as well, and she seemed quite surprised!

On another note, does she do a little heart as part of her autograph or am I the only one who got that? (please be only one, please be only one :P )

Edited by harbinger
  • Like 1

I thought she was lovely. I only had the budget for an auto so went with that. I'm glad I did. I had gone for a Hansel & Gretel picture as any Bond ones were gone by the time I went for her auto on Sunday. We chatted briefly about her costume in the film. She was really sweet and gracious.

Famke was polite and friendly asked what I would like her to sign and when I left she smiled and said "have a nice day". She said "hello" at the photoshoot as I left i said "it was a pleasure meeting you" and she thanked me for my comments. Wished I manged to get to her talk but the Beverley Hill Cop group shoot was unfortunately on at the same time.