Photo Shoot Issue

Only had six photoshoots this year including two diamonds, but this was the worse experience I have had.

I don't know if Showmasters have changed who they get to take the photos this year (it certainly wasn't the guy who usually does the main photos).

Friday was two photo shoots, Sean and Laurie, which are OK most likely because these weren't rushed.

Even got asked if I wanted a re-take after the Laurie one, but I was OK with the result.

I don't take a very good picture anyway due to a squint which means that on some photos it looks like i'm not looking in the right place, which means it takes me a few moments to orientate myself.

I also have issues with peronal space (I'm not used to being so close to people I don't know) which means I tend to leave a gap between myself and the guest. Again takes me a few seconds to get sorted.

Saturday was just Micheal Emmerson, which was rushed so had both of the above faults.

Sunday I had Jeremy, which although rushed is probably the best of the photos, as he has come across to me.

Michelle Gomez was next, which was a different photographer and run as much by Michelle as it was by the crew, it's not my best side (my MAS is showing, but I can crop it off.) but my other issues are negated because the photo is back to back.

Then we come to Famke, I know that there were special circumstances as to the way this shoot was set up, but the white line was an additional issue to deal with. There is a gap that you could have driven a bus through, not to mention that I would not have seen the bus coming because I am looking in the wrong direction completely.

I was rushed out of the photo area before I could get a good look at the photo so had no chance of asking for a reshoot either.

Surely the photographer could have picked this up and maybe asked us to turn towards the camera more or move a little closer, I paid a lot of money for a diamond pass so a little consideration to get a decent pciture would have been appreciated..

I was totally devastated and close to tears and just left the show completely spending the next half hour just trying to pull myself together.

I am now seriously considering how I deal with future photoshoots or whether to just give up altogether.

I miss the old days when Malcom was taking the photos, he always checked and called you back if there was an issue.

I know there's the possibility of a reshoot, but if you are rushed out of the photo area without been given the chance to ask it doesn't help.

We'll see what happens in Sheffield in two weeks time.

• Moderators

I saw people called back in a few of my shoots, so it does still happen. I'm sorry that you had a bad experience.

I will say even if you have left the direct shoot area, if you notice something wrong then please go and talk to crew ASAP. They will still help.

I saw people called back in a few of my shoots, so it does still happen. I'm sorry that you had a bad experience.

I will say even if you have left the direct shoot area, if you notice something wrong then please go and talk to crew ASAP. They will still help.

I tried that with my famke and steven berkoff and no help given. Couldnt waste time arguing long either as jad another shoot to get too but i tried.

• Like 1

That sucks, at the Renner shoot the ladies handing out the photos were checking them as they came out, the little boy in front of me had his eyes closed and she took one look at the photo and asked him if he wanted to reshoot. I assumed that'd be standard at all shoots, that they'd check the pic as it came out. If it's not it probably should be.

I had noticed some staff at the shoots were brilliant in taking time to check the photos and even if they noticed a minor problem offered you a reshoot.

Other staff were not offering a reshoot if you spotted a problem yourself. Shame that a rule didn't seem clearly in place and it came down to which member of staff you spoke to.

Well my photo with Famke Janssen was a total mess, I barely arrived next to her and click the foto was done, and I look on that picture like a drunk idiot, with one eye closed, I wanted to do that picture again , by they were just shouting at me no do over ,, you have to live with that picture. NOW GO. And the red shirt guy just said meh sh** happens that your picture sorry. I was really pissed I paid lot of money for that picture that I can´t show to anyone. A new picture would cost them nothing, but the staff who did the Famke Shooting was just rude, ok not everyone, just the guy that handed out the picture and the one who made the picture.

My Famke photo was taken three times. If a red shirt told me s@#t happens I would of kicked off. If you are unhappy with any photo I would contact showmasters and explain to them. We are their customers and pay a lot of money for photos and expect a certain quality.

Edited by Iceman71
  • Like 1

That's a pity as my first photo with Jeremy Renner printed with lines across one side of it and I was offered a reshoot which I took. For some of the guests you may never have the chance again so it's a shame that consideration wasn't given at some of the shoots.

Only had six photoshoots this year including two diamonds, but this was the worse experience I have had.

I don't know if Showmasters have changed who they get to take the photos this year (it certainly wasn't the guy who usually does the main photos).

Friday was two photo shoots, Sean and Laurie, which are OK most likely because these weren't rushed.

Even got asked if I wanted a re-take after the Laurie one, but I was OK with the result.

I don't take a very good picture anyway due to a squint which means that on some photos it looks like i'm not looking in the right place, which means it takes me a few moments to orientate myself.

I also have issues with peronal space (I'm not used to being so close to people I don't know) which means I tend to leave a gap between myself and the guest. Again takes me a few seconds to get sorted.

Saturday was just Micheal Emmerson, which was rushed so had both of the above faults.

Sunday I had Jeremy, which although rushed is probably the best of the photos, as he has come across to me.

Michelle Gomez was next, which was a different photographer and run as much by Michelle as it was by the crew, it's not my best side (my MAS is showing, but I can crop it off.) but my other issues are negated because the photo is back to back.

Then we come to Famke, I know that there were special circumstances as to the way this shoot was set up, but the white line was an additional issue to deal with. There is a gap that you could have driven a bus through, not to mention that I would not have seen the bus coming because I am looking in the wrong direction completely.

I was rushed out of the photo area before I could get a good look at the photo so had no chance of asking for a reshoot either.

Surely the photographer could have picked this up and maybe asked us to turn towards the camera more or move a little closer, I paid a lot of money for a diamond pass so a little consideration to get a decent pciture would have been appreciated..

I was totally devastated and close to tears and just left the show completely spending the next half hour just trying to pull myself together.

I am now seriously considering how I deal with future photoshoots or whether to just give up altogether.

I miss the old days when Malcom was taking the photos, he always checked and called you back if there was an issue.

I know there's the possibility of a reshoot, but if you are rushed out of the photo area without been given the chance to ask it doesn't help.

We'll see what happens in Sheffield in two weeks time.

Ian, unfortunately some shoots can be rushed to get through everybody. As a suggestion if you decide to have a shoot again on the busier days with the busier guests maybe have a quick word with the crew in the shoot area as soon as you get in, explain your issues in brief and that you need an extra moment when you get to the guest. You won't loose anything and they might be able to tell the photographer to hold on for a second.

Well my photo with Famke Janssen was a total mess, I barely arrived next to her and click the foto was done, and I look on that picture like a drunk idiot, with one eye closed, I wanted to do that picture again , by they were just shouting at me no do over ,, you have to live with that picture. NOW GO. And the red shirt guy just said meh sh** happens that your picture sorry. I was really pissed I paid lot of money for that picture that I can´t show to anyone. A new picture would cost them nothing, but the staff who did the Famke Shooting was just rude, ok not everyone, just the guy that handed out the picture and the one who made the picture.

It's no help if the pit boss is saying that but if it happens again go to the organisers booth and tell them what happened and that it's really not acceptable.

• Like 1

I had noticed some staff at the shoots were brilliant in taking time to check the photos and even if they noticed a minor problem offered you a reshoot.

Other staff were not offering a reshoot if you spotted a problem yourself. Shame that a rule didn't seem clearly in place and it came down to which member of staff you spoke to.

I had one of each of those this weekend...One where I had my eyes closed so they rectified it quick.

And then the other one I got handed my photo, My glasses were not on straight (Which i thought they were as they felt like they were on straight) and there was glare on one lens . Did try to talk to someone but I just ended up frustrated and left.