Michael Emerson Appreciation Thread

Zonky

I signed up to the forum because I saw this thread and just had to share my thoughts on meeting Michael. As I thought he would be, he was such a lovely guy and it was a pleasure to meet him. It really made my day. I only wish I'd had a photo with him instead of an autograph.

On a side note, I met Harold briefly as he was making his way somewhere and kind of regret not paying to get a photo or autograph and meeting him properly. Sadly my meet and greet with Dominic wasn't so great, I wonder if anyone else had a similar experience with him. Although this may sound a little silly to some but it made me feel increasingly down after meeting Dominic and I'd wished I never met him. I'm a big fan of Lost and it kinda sucks to have a bad experience meeting someone from the show. I had vowed prior to the event not to meet anyone for this very reason. Meeting Michael afterwards definitely cheered me up!

The Lost talk was brilliant, although the Dominic thing was on my mind. Tried my best just to forget it and just enjoy the talk. I could have sat there for hours listening to them.

Anyway, thank you Michael Emerson for being such a great guest :)

I signed up to the forum because I saw this thread and just had to share my thoughts on meeting Michael. As I thought he would be, he was such a lovely guy and it was a pleasure to meet him. It really made my day. I only wish I'd had a photo with him instead of an autograph.

On a side note, I met Harold briefly as he was making his way somewhere and kind of regret not paying to get a photo or autograph and meeting him properly. Sadly my meet and greet with Dominic wasn't so great, I wonder if anyone else had a similar experience with him. Although this may sound a little silly to some but it made me feel increasingly down after meeting Dominic and I'd wished I never met him. I'm a big fan of Lost and it kinda sucks to have a bad experience meeting someone from the show. I had vowed prior to the event not to meet anyone for this very reason. Meeting Michael afterwards definitely cheered me up!

The Lost talk was brilliant, although the Dominic thing was on my mind. Tried my best just to forget it and just enjoy the talk. I could have sat there for hours listening to them.

My experience meeting Dominic was good. A little rushed, I suppose, but I got two handshakes and made brief small talk as he signed my picture, and he said hello to my dad who was with me. He had a fair amount of people to get through admittedly but he was smiley and made lots of eye contact. I know this is a Michael thread but may I ask what made your experience with Dominic so bad?

I'm intrigued now! why was it so bad?

I found Dominic to such a down to earth guy, I asked him if he still talks to Billy (Boyd) and he said he still does on a regular bases, I also asked him if they continue to play 'Tag' (LotR's Commentary joke), his reply to that is yes (in a jokingly way) and he went on to say that he and Billy are thinking up some different things together.

Overall I was pleased to have met and had a little chat with him, great guy and awesome guest.

Michael Emerson is probably one of the greatest guests I've met over the years, friendly, taking time with fans, wish every guest could be like this I would say is up there amongst the greatest, I've attended LFCC for many years now.... My best experiences were,

Michael Emerson, Kim Coates, Dany Glover (actually met him three time on the same day, first signature was "ok", then photoshoot, well it's a photoshoot you kinda get more time at the table, third time same day signature again, but way more friendly and talkative on the third time), Norman Reedus, Robert Knepper, Dany Trejo....

Bigger stars , that of course generally have less time for each fans, I got great short meetings and good feelings meeting Sigourney Weaver, Bill Paxton and Jeremy Renner.

Always great to meet guests that make you feel great and that shows appreciation meeting fans.

Back to the main topic, Michael Emerson was awesome in every way

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having withdrawal. Miss this little guy!

And there's me thinking you would've missed Tobin more, or did Michael escape!? :crying::uhoh::P

He's so little and quiet, I just turned my back for one moment... :(

You mean you didn't brake his legs like in Misery?

I'm having withdrawal. Miss this little guy!

And there's me thinking you would've missed Tobin more, or did Michael escape!? :crying::uhoh::P

He's so little and quiet, I just turned my back for one moment... :(

You mean you didn't brake his legs like in Misery?

Do you know the value of one Emerson? One Emerson is worth too much to damage.

I think Tanith may have gotten a reputation!

Honestly, it's probably one of the nicest reputations I've ever had.