Please keep this new format for next year

So I know some people had issues but it think one thing most will agree on is that splitting up the guest area and stalls area this year has seriously cut down on traffic. Even though it was still busy I was nowhere near as stressed as when I attended 2 years ago.

Please keep doing this for future events.

• Like 6

The new layout was fantastic, 2015 was so stressful this year though it was 100% better , from a personal point of view my wife is in a wheelchair so having all the guests on one floor was sooo much easier & it also made browsing the stalls a lot easier. You have to keep this layout please SM

Yes, I totally agree. Fantastic layout this year and the best LFCC I have attended in many a year. Spot on. Hats off to the boys and girls at Showmasters. Credit where credit is due :) A special mention too all the crew who run the photo shoot areas also. Great job guys :)

Yes, the layout was amazing! Honestly after last year's lack of space, I was honestly considering not coming, but this year's layout was fantastic!!! Lots of free space but it didn't feel at all empty.

Agreed, the new layout was fantastic! Especially the stalls area. You could actually GET to the stalls and there was plenty of room to walk without having to squeeze past people browsing the stalls.

My only (very minor) complaint was in the signing areas where you have two rows of guests facing each other. The backs of the queues then tend to meet in the middle, making getting through that area quite difficult at points.

I think the new layout was brillant, and I would like to say a big thank you to all staff/volunteers they were all helpful and knew the answers to questions this year and also they kept everything organised and there was no yelling at people which also helped to keep everything calm, thank you and well done for a brillant con ☺

This was the best comic con we have been to in years. So much space and it was nice and relaxed compared to the last couple of years. Well done Showmasters and the team. It was a pleasure to visit. Lots of space so it was possible to browse the stalls without being pushed along by the crowds of people.

Agreed! I always looking forward to LFCC but this year was the best it's been for a few years. All the guests were in one section which made it very easy to find and get autographs, there was a lot more space to walk around and enjoy (yes, sometimes it was very crowded in areas, but it's bound to get like that anyway). In general it was a great event and I had a fantastic time! :)

The only suggestion I have is that the information desks know where the stalls are. I went to ask for a stall that I had seen but couldn't remember where it was and they said they didn't know where any stalls were. I think even a few stall maps in several locations around the event would be good.

Agreed, the new layout was fantastic! Especially the stalls area. You could actually GET to the stalls and there was plenty of room to walk without having to squeeze past people browsing the stalls.

My only (very minor) complaint was in the signing areas where you have two rows of guests facing each other. The backs of the queues then tend to meet in the middle, making getting through that area quite difficult at points.

Also my only complaint-- if I'll even call it that. While occasionally a little inconvenient it was never an actual problem for very long since the queues moved quickly.

Have to say I thought the layout was amazing. The 2 halls were great. You could walk around with easy and enjoy the day so much more. I really hope the 2 halls are booked for next year.

Edited by nvirtue

Agree with everyone in here & want to convey my thoughts too.

LOVED the new set up & layout compared to last year! Can you keep it like this year's LFCC for future ones please?

Stalls, Guests, Photo Booths & Talk Stage PERFECTLY laid out. Well done.

*Applauds*

One of your Smoothest Cons ever!

The only time I got lost was when I was trying to find photo area A from areas B and C. Which honestly was.just down to me being blind. Everything was on point and incredibly easy to navigate! Please stick with this layout!

Yes! I was exactly the same when getting to Michael Emerson's photoshoot! Walking around thinking "Right, I think it's in this direction, I knew I had seen it somewhere!", ended having to ask a crew member where it was, thankfully I was nearby.

Other than that, my only other fault was the merging queues in the guests hall, but that's kind of minor, otherwise I continuously sing Showmasters praise for this, my first, London convention. I'd heard about the complaints from previous years with the heat and lack of space, but it was PERFECT this year!

The only time I got lost was when I was trying to find photo area A from areas B and C. Which honestly was.just down to me being blind. Everything was on point and incredibly easy to navigate! Please stick with this layout!

Yes! I was exactly the same when getting to Michael Emerson's photoshoot! Walking around thinking "Right, I think it's in this direction, I knew I had seen it somewhere!", ended having to ask a crew member where it was, thankfully I was nearby.

Other than that, my only other fault was the merging queues in the guests hall, but that's kind of minor, otherwise I continuously sing Showmasters praise for this, my first, London convention. I'd heard about the complaints from previous years with the heat and lack of space, but it was PERFECT this year!

For Michael, I remember being downstairs looking at the stalls and calmly thinking "right, I don't need to be upstairs for another 15 minutes". Whereas last year I would have been near tears and literally running in a bid to get to the area on time. Main difference this year was no crippling stress and anxiety attacks! Time it took me to get to Michaels photo in the end? About 45 seconds.

• Like 1