Tobin Bell Appreciation Thread

image.jpg1_zpszcvfqssk.jpg

Ooh, you got your boxset signed... I was going to, but knew I would end up squishing it in my bag...

Yh I was gonna get the outer sleeve signed on the same bit as costas Mandylor signed but decided to get the inside signed instead and display next to each other :)

• Like 1

For me Tobin was a DIAMOND of a gentleman (and he should of been a diamond guest) he really took the time to chat with you and I was made to feel proper welcome.

I had VQ 15 on Saturday after nearly falling upstairs in the rush to get his VQ ticket !

I spent £275 at his desk on 11 items and it was worth every single penny of it I tell you !

A top gentleman and a true legend , thank you Tobin you made my weekend.

• Like 2

Tobin was actually the hardest guest of my list to meet. I got VQT no 31 on Saturday, but didn't meet him. Was kinda worried when I got no 31 again on Sunday. But he was definitely worth the wait :)

I'm so glad to hear of all the positive Tobin experiences! He was a real gent in the photoshoot, He was my main reason of attending but I sadly did not get his autograph as I could not get to the venue until 11 on the Sunday so kind of expected not to. The lady doing the queue system was an absolute star I have to say! She tried her hardest and kept us all up to date.

Hopefully the demand shows how many more people want to meet him and he will be back soon :-)

My experience at his autograph table wasn't as engaging as I'd hope it would be. With that said, it wasn't terrible and impolite, just not as engaging as other people's experiences I've read here.

Most likely tired, but he didn't really acknowledge my first greeting when asking how he was doing. Maybe he couldn't hear me.

For me, first impressions count in meet & greet and I've had better introductions from other guests than this one.

Fortunately the conversation got going and improved when asking him to sign my SAW dvd and a personalised 10x8 photo for my sister.

I asked him if he could add 'I want to play a game', but he said he couldn't add quotes otherwise he would get into trouble.

Since I was aware of how slow the queue was moving, I decided to not ask him questions about SAW and leave after getting the items signed.

As I turned around to leave, he said "I hope she likes it", I turned back and thanked him and he gave me a nice polite smile.

So yeah, the 2nd half of the meet was better than the introduction.

I asked him if he could add 'I want to play a game', but he said he couldn't add quotes otherwise he would get into trouble.

Do we have any idea as to why he wasn't allowed to add quotes?

No idea. Could be a copyright thing. Never heard of such things from meeting guests.

Also a guy in front of me during the photoshoot wanted to have a piece of paper in shot that (from what I could see) contain a quote from SAW.

I saw the guy speak to Tobin to which I heard him reply "I can't do that". The guy then dropped the piece of paper to the floor and carried on with the photoshoot without it.

Edited by Graphic_Delusions

No idea. Could be a copyright thing. Never heard of such things from meeting guests.

Copyright was the only reason I could think of as well.

Somehow it seems unlikely for copyright reasons, but I met him at another event and there they asked him not to write any quotes either. I figured it was a way of saving time since he had to get through a lot of guests, but who knows.

Somehow it seems unlikely for copyright reasons, but I met him at another event and there they asked him not to write any quotes either. I figured it was a way of saving time since he had to get through a lot of guests, but who knows.

Well if it happened at another event then it's very likely to be another reason. On Sunday there was a 'No Personalisation' sign up, yet he was personalising with anyone who wanted it. He took his time with everyone, long enough to write out a few extra words. Together with that and not wanting to hold a quote printed on paper during the photoshoot (though happily held a SAW Billy head/mask for someone else), suggests something else.

It finally hit me today while I was at work. I was just minding my own business when BAM-- "holy ****, I met Tobin Bell yesterday". I had to take a second out back to calm myself.

Did you get your restraining order signed? :poki:

A restraining order would imply that I know where he lives. I don't. But he did tell me where his mother is from and where she currently lives. So...

It finally hit me today while I was at work. I was just minding my own business when BAM-- "holy ****, I met Tobin Bell yesterday". I had to take a second out back to calm myself.

Did you get your restraining order signed? :poki:

A restraining order would imply that I know where he lives. I don't. But he did tell me where his mother is from and where she currently lives. So...

Sounds like you're ready to play a game! Poor Tobin :(

It's a great feeling lol.

Was so very excited to meet Tobin and he ended up being everything I hoped for and more. Shook my hand twice when I got his auto. He was very engaging. Listened to every word I had to say and looked me straight in the eye throughout. Was so genuine and grateful to me for "being a fan" as he said. He said it was a pleasure to meet me which was so lovely to hear. I've wanted to meet Tobin for years and i'm so glad to have had such a wonderful experience with him. I'm really pleased with how my photo came out with him too.

13923495_1648194428828144_80510151416846

I arrived around quarter to nine on Saturday. Was only in the line to get in for like 10 minutes. Then when I got to Tobin, I was aloud to line up straight away. Was a lovely gentleman, my friend videoed him talking to me. He complimented my name, and was talking to me about a new netflix series he is filming called The Manson Family. All in all an awesome guy who I hope to meet again in the future.

IMG_4138.jpg

• Like 1

I absolutely agree about him being engaging. My father was hanging back while I got my autograph and when I came away he said he hadn't expected Tobin to actually talk to me the way he did. He thought I'd be done in the few seconds it would take for Tobin to sign his name. I'm very glad it wasn't a conveyor belt process like some.

The thing about Tobin talking to me about his mother was true. He asked me where I'm from and while I haven't lived there for fifteen years, I'm from Surrey. When I told him this he said his mother was also from Surrey, though now lives in Massachusetts, and wants to have her ashes scattered in her hometown when she passes away. I realise this makes him half-English so I told him welcome home. During this he'd started to sign my picture but paused to look up at me when he was speaking, rather than speak down to the table while he wrote. I find it really endearing that he would initiate such a light-hearted yet somewhat personal conversation, just like that. He didn't have to talk about his family to a complete stranger but he ploughed on and it really put me at ease. Somehow I guess I just expected any small talk to be either about his roles or the event. I'm pretty sure his security would not have allowed it but I just wanted to give him a hug. Clearly it goes without saying that I am a massive Saw fan and every actor I've met from the franchise has given me fantastic memories (still in awe over Costas Mandylor), but I was not prepared for how lovely Tobin was.

• Like 3

I absolutely agree about him being engaging. My father was hanging back while I got my autograph and when I came away he said he hadn't expected Tobin to actually talk to me the way he did. He thought I'd be done in the few seconds it would take for Tobin to sign his name. I'm very glad it wasn't a conveyor belt process like some.

The thing about Tobin talking to me about his mother was true. He asked me where I'm from and while I haven't lived there for fifteen years, I'm from Surrey. When I told him this he said his mother was also from Surrey, though now lives in Massachusetts, and wants to have her ashes scattered in her hometown when she passes away. I realise this makes him half-English so I told him welcome home. During this he'd started to sign my picture but paused to look up at me when he was speaking, rather than speak down to the table while he wrote. I find it really endearing that he would initiate such a light-hearted yet somewhat personal conversation, just like that. He didn't have to talk about his family to a complete stranger but he ploughed on and it really put me at ease. Somehow I guess I just expected any small talk to be either about his roles or the event. I'm pretty sure his security would not have allowed it but I just wanted to give him a hug. Clearly it goes without saying that I am a massive Saw fan and every actor I've met from the franchise has given me fantastic memories (still in awe over Costas Mandylor), but I was not prepared for how lovely Tobin was.

Am also from Surrey :smile:

I wasn't sure what to expect meeting Tobin and when standing in the Q he seemed a bit reserved but the more I watched, the more he interacted with people so by time I got to him I felt confident in speaking to him. He was a lovely gentleman and seemed genuinely happy to meet everyone at both autographs and photoshoots.

I missed out on Tobin on Saturday when I was dressed as Billy which was disappointing but I managed to get to see him on Sunday. I should him our photoshoot from the previous day and how much Saw mean to me growing up and he took my hand and thanked me for my fandom. Such a lovely sweet guy.

I can appreciate the disappointment of those who didn't get to see him. I was utterly heartbroken at the end of Saturday. But we need to appreciate that there were probably 100-200 gold passes on top of the normal VTs and Tobin was taking great care in writing out his autographs so it was probably not easy for him to go any faster.

I just wish that Showmasters had sold a Diamond pass for Tobin. He already had all the necessary items for one (shoot/auto/paid talk) and it would had saved me a lot of stress on Saturday.

So glad you got your autograph-I was waiting with you on Saturday when they called a halt to the signing for Tobin to leave for his lift to the hotel.I bumped in to you again on Sunday near his queue and wondered if you got an auto.Your Billy cosplay was awesome