Tobin Bell Appreciation Thread

It's only just hitting home that I met Tobin Bell. I'd love it if Showmasters were to bring him back for another con. I have now met my 2 favourite Saw characters in Jigsaw & Hoffman which is something, back when the films first came out, I thought would never happen.

• Like 2

I was gutted not to of met Tobin on Sunday my girlfriend hand made me an arigurumi doll of billy to give to him as a gift. I hope showmasters can bring him back again. I would definitely pay diamond to guarantee a auto. On a plus I guess my blu Ray boxset that I intended to be signed 'The saw complete collection' will not actually be complete now that 'saw legacy' is coming.

It's only just hitting home that I met Tobin Bell. I'd love it if Showmasters were to bring him back for another con. I have now met my 2 favourite Saw characters in Jigsaw & Hoffman which is something, back when the films first came out, I thought would never happen.

Costas Mandylor is definitely my favourite guest so far. I met him at CMK last year and from the moment I approached his table he was an absolute sweetheart. I came away from him weak at the knees!

• Like 2

I must admit, I wasn’t expecting him to be quite so popular – I got in the outside queue as early as I could so I could get a low VQ ticket, but I realise not everyone can do that, especially when travelling from a long way. A chap I met in Tobin’s queue had got a 4.30am train!! Respect.

If they can get Costas also next time, I shall be a happy camper :smile:

I must admit, I wasnt expecting him to be quite so popular I got in the outside queue as early as I could so I could get a low VQ ticket, but I realise not everyone can do that, especially when travelling from a long way. A chap I met in Tobins queue had got a 4.30am train!! Respect.

If they can get Costas also next time, I shall be a happy camper :smile:

Kudos to that kind of dedication.

Costas needs to be there all the time. He's the embodiment of perfection.

I queued up at 6am on Saturday, but still didn't get to meet him. His queue was manic and slow everytime I went over to his desk. Luckily 6.20am on the Sunday (and having less to do) got me his auto.

I absolutely agree about him being engaging. My father was hanging back while I got my autograph and when I came away he said he hadn't expected Tobin to actually talk to me the way he did. He thought I'd be done in the few seconds it would take for Tobin to sign his name. I'm very glad it wasn't a conveyor belt process like some.

The thing about Tobin talking to me about his mother was true. He asked me where I'm from and while I haven't lived there for fifteen years, I'm from Surrey. When I told him this he said his mother was also from Surrey, though now lives in Massachusetts, and wants to have her ashes scattered in her hometown when she passes away. I realise this makes him half-English so I told him welcome home. During this he'd started to sign my picture but paused to look up at me when he was speaking, rather than speak down to the table while he wrote. I find it really endearing that he would initiate such a light-hearted yet somewhat personal conversation, just like that. He didn't have to talk about his family to a complete stranger but he ploughed on and it really put me at ease. Somehow I guess I just expected any small talk to be either about his roles or the event. I'm pretty sure his security would not have allowed it but I just wanted to give him a hug. Clearly it goes without saying that I am a massive Saw fan and every actor I've met from the franchise has given me fantastic memories (still in awe over Costas Mandylor), but I was not prepared for how lovely Tobin was.

Am also from Surrey :smile:

Another fir the Surrey lot, well I live there anyway

I queued up at 6am on Saturday, but still didn't get to meet him. His queue was manic and slow everytime I went over to his desk. Luckily 6.20am on the Sunday (and having less to do) got me his auto.

I think I was behind you and you had to go for a photoshoot, you mentioned how one of your friends was in Saw 2

I absolutely agree about him being engaging. My father was hanging back while I got my autograph and when I came away he said he hadn't expected Tobin to actually talk to me the way he did. He thought I'd be done in the few seconds it would take for Tobin to sign his name. I'm very glad it wasn't a conveyor belt process like some.

The thing about Tobin talking to me about his mother was true. He asked me where I'm from and while I haven't lived there for fifteen years, I'm from Surrey. When I told him this he said his mother was also from Surrey, though now lives in Massachusetts, and wants to have her ashes scattered in her hometown when she passes away. I realise this makes him half-English so I told him welcome home. During this he'd started to sign my picture but paused to look up at me when he was speaking, rather than speak down to the table while he wrote. I find it really endearing that he would initiate such a light-hearted yet somewhat personal conversation, just like that. He didn't have to talk about his family to a complete stranger but he ploughed on and it really put me at ease. Somehow I guess I just expected any small talk to be either about his roles or the event. I'm pretty sure his security would not have allowed it but I just wanted to give him a hug. Clearly it goes without saying that I am a massive Saw fan and every actor I've met from the franchise has given me fantastic memories (still in awe over Costas Mandylor), but I was not prepared for how lovely Tobin was.

Am also from Surrey :smile:
Another fir the Surrey lot, well I live there anyway

I haven't actually lived there since I was a baby faerie. Well. Since I was 7.

I think I was behind you and you had to go for a photoshoot, you mentioned how one of your friends was in Saw 2

Ahhhh who is your friend????

I loved meeting him, I was in the last bunch on sat that got his auto. He def needs to be a diamond next time that's for sure!

I loved his interaction with the fans, he was looking at people's clothes to see what to talk about! I was unlucky enough to be wearing my psycho tshirt 😂 If anyone was behind me - I was the bright faced one 🙈 He asked me who played the original Norman bates, and for the life of me I couldn't remember ... I will now forevermore know who it is thanks to Tobin 😳

I still loved meeting him lol

Edited by Gemma8282

I loved meeting him, I was in the last bunch on sat that got his auto. He def needs to be a diamond next time that's for sure!

I loved his interaction with the fans, he was looking at people's clothes to see what to talk about! I was unlucky enough to be wearing my psycho tshirt If anyone was behind me - I was the bright faced one He asked me who played the original Norman bates, and for the life of me I couldn't remember ... I will now forevermore know who it is thanks to Tobin

I still loved meeting him lol

You will never forget the name Anthony Perkins!

Long shot... but SM need to get all the Saw guests. No exception. All. Of. Them.

Julie Benz will be at the Bournemouth Comic Con in September she was Brit in Saw V. Cant wait to meet her!

Jealous! I don't think I'll be able to make Bournemouth... I wanted to congratulate Julie for Brit outliving her character in Dexter!

Long shot... but SM need to get all the Saw guests. No exception. All. Of. Them.

Julie Benz will be at the Bournemouth Comic Con in September she was Brit in Saw V. Cant wait to meet her!

Jealous! I don't think I'll be able to make Bournemouth... I wanted to congratulate Julie for Brit outliving her character in Dexter!

You should come on the Sunday. But if you cant make it I can always pick you up an autograph and tell her what you said about Brit. I loved her in Dexter, Buffy and Saw.