Tobin Bell Appreciation Thread

I literally love him so much and even more now that I've met him in real life, he was such a kind man and so lovely with me when getting my autographs so thought I'd set up a little topic so we can all talk about our love for Mr Jigsaw :)

• Like 1

He *would* have made my day if he got through more then 150 VT's today, ugh :( Can you bring him back if there is an winter con

Aww no :( I met him yesterday and at like 3 he was up to 200 but was signing really slow as he was super chatty with everyone

Mr Jigsaw was great asking where I come from and said he's heard it's nice down here but not been there. I said he should go there and he signed my pic to Kevin from Cornwall. Lovely person well worth seeing

That's epic lol he was super chatty wasn't he, I didn't talk much was a little scared not sure if that was nerves or the fact I was stood in front of jigsaw and at any moment I could've been in a trap of some sort ;)

• Like 1

I've heard great things about him but found him impossible to get an auto from. Vq was so slow. Saturday was my fault, Sunday I was told to come back a few times and everytime he wasn't actually there, so gave up in the end.

Not a massive issue though, I managed everyone else without problems.

He was brilliant! Despite me being a mixture of awestruck and terrified to meet him, we had a nice chat about my Inigo Montoya t-shirt which completely took me off guard. I've been known to forget my own name in the past, never mind managing full sentences about a completely unexpected and unrelated topic!!

Such a delightful man. Even said hello to my mum who was waiting for me to exit the queue. She was thrilled as she enjoyed him in SG1.

I think the very long wait in the queue was worth it for a genuine guest experience 😊

Absolute legend! He made my day yesterday. Got 3 autographs and 2 photoshoots with him. Spoke a little to him about his fave Saw scene and he said it was in Saw 3 and the parts when he's laying ill in the bed talking with Amanda (Shawnee). He also said Saw 8 is in the development stage. I told him it was a pleasure to meet him and he shook my hand tight and thanked me for being a fan of Saw.

Only downside was that he couldn't write Saw quotes. Any ideas as to why he couldn't? Copyright?

Mixed. He was the only auto I wanted, so I'm glad I booked a photoshoot! I'm happy for everyone who actually got to meet him cos it sounds like he was lovely. However, seeing the VQ go up by only 25 in well over on hour on Saturday was extremely frustrating. For every person that has an excellent memory at the signing table there will be loads like me who's main memory of Tobin is realising that even with a VQ ticket as RT 139 on Sunday he's just not going to get there.

He was kinda pressed for time when I met him. But he still had a bit of a chat with me about X-Files. When I left he actually thanked me for meeting him for that character :)

I'm just glad I got a photoshoot as my vq ticket was 249 yesterday so knew I had no chance of an auto. This year was strange as some of the diamond pass guests had no queues yesterday through parts of the day, then tobin who wasn't a diamond pass was one of the most popular. Kind of opposite to last year. So it's hard to gauge.

• Like 2

I was about 6 or 7 people behind a (apologies if your not, I'm going purely from letter characters I saw written on the bag) Japanese guy hand over a little bag of gifts. He talked him through the contents and Tobin's face instantly beamed. Tobin fist bumped the guy, then decided that wasn't enough so did some overly intricate fist bump. When I got up there, lovely little chat about how he's finding the weekend so far, commented on my mount piece I was getting signed and just smiling, happy to engage and full of handshakes. Just a really solid, really good, really engaging guest. Was Great.

• Like 1

I got a low VQ ticket, but still had to wait until after lunch to meet him... totally worth it though, what a lovely man - the reason I went, and I must say, I thought he might be a little severe - but I couldn't have been more wrong. He complimented me on my Marilyn Monroe jailhouse t-shirt and pointed out bits on it he liked, I told him I had a Marilyn tattoo on my back so he asked to see it and was hugely complimentary, especially about the shading and said it was beautiful :blush: , also when I first went up there he grasped my hand and said, 'I'm Tobin' :smile::wub: He hadn't realised the gift bag I had Put on his desk was for him, so I said, 'this is for you', and he seemed really surprised and pleased, and took the time to look through properly and say it was great - I rarely take gifts for guests, but I just wanted to bring him something, you know?! :rolleyes::wub: One of the best guest experiences ever, and I'm still so happy!

• Like 1

I missed out on Tobin on Saturday when I was dressed as Billy which was disappointing but I managed to get to see him on Sunday. I should him our photoshoot from the previous day and how much Saw mean to me growing up and he took my hand and thanked me for my fandom. Such a lovely sweet guy.

I can appreciate the disappointment of those who didn't get to see him. I was utterly heartbroken at the end of Saturday. But we need to appreciate that there were probably 100-200 gold passes on top of the normal VTs and Tobin was taking great care in writing out his autographs so it was probably not easy for him to go any faster.

I just wish that Showmasters had sold a Diamond pass for Tobin. He already had all the necessary items for one (shoot/auto/paid talk) and it would had saved me a lot of stress on Saturday.

Edited by Jemzamia

I got a low VQ ticket, but still had to wait until after lunch to meet him... totally worth it though, what a lovely man - the reason I went, and I must say, I thought he might be a little severe - but I couldn't have been more wrong. He complimented me on my Marilyn Monroe jailhouse t-shirt and pointed out bits on it he liked, I told him I had a Marilyn tattoo on my back so he asked to see it and was hugely complimentary, especially about the shading and said it was beautiful :blush: , also when I first went up there he grasped my hand and said, 'I'm Tobin' :smile::wub: He hadn't realised the gift bag I had Put on his desk was for him, so I said, 'this is for you', and he seemed really surprised and pleased, and took the time to look through properly and say it was great - I rarely take gifts for guests, but I just wanted to bring him something, you know?! :rolleyes::wub: One of the best guest experiences ever, and I'm still so happy!

I totally expected the same. I thought he would be very stern, straight laced and stoney, just as a person. What a laid back, chilled out, lovely guy though. complete surprise

• Like 1

I was about 6 or 7 people behind a (apologies if your not, I'm going purely from letter characters I saw written on the bag) Japanese guy hand over a little bag of gifts. He talked him through the contents and Tobin's face instantly beamed. Tobin fist bumped the guy, then decided that wasn't enough so did some overly intricate fist bump. When I got up there, lovely little chat about how he's finding the weekend so far, commented on my mount piece I was getting signed and just smiling, happy to engage and full of handshakes. Just a really solid, really good, really engaging guest. Was Great.

I was next in the queue after that attendee with the bag of gifts and seeing Tobin react to something in particular (not sure what) in the bag with the fist bumping was great.

I was a little worried when I met him for my photo on the Saturday but when I said hello and asked how he was doing he turned and responded complementing my hat. Then getting my auto on the Sunday he remembered me from my hat which is always a nice touch to be remembered for something amongst all of us fans.

What a lovely guy Tobin was - got his autograph early and then his photoshoot late morning, and he chatted to everyone and genuinely seemed interested in what people had brought to get signed, where they were from and how things were going. Massive guest and at a great price too :dance: