Who WOWed You At LFCC?

Kim Coates - Superb, absolute legend after this weekend. Easily broken into my top 5 guests.

Keith David - Pleasant, personable, plus damn near comfirmed he's back for series 3 of Rick and Morty which is awesome!!!!

Tobin Bell - Awesome guy, so friendly and pleasant and love he dated his autos.

Michael Emerson - Just lovely. Pleasant, happy for pics and interested in what people brought for him to sign.

Harold Perrineau - Didn't seem him not smile and laugh with a single attendee. Loved chatting about Oz and SOA. True gent.

Jack Gleeson - Extremely friendly, happy and glad to meet fans. Even if his smile was even creepier than his angry face in GoT; seemed even more terrifying in some way. :D

Judge Reinhold - A bit overwhelmed when I met him on the Friday, so didn't seem terribly comfortable, but from hearing other people's experiences, must have eased into the weekend a bit.

Richard Brake - Friendly, happy, engaging. Nice guy.

Joe Naufahu - This dude is just that.....a dude! Crazy engaging with fans and had proper conversations with every single attendee, but yet didn't hold things up. Don't quite now how he managed it, but it just seems to be the Kiwi guest's gift, they're all like it.

Donald Sumpter - Most unappreciated guest at this years con. True delight and true gentleman. The signature of a golden age Hollywood film star and loved meeting the fans, having a chat and seeing what everyone had brought for him to sign.

Natalia Tena - Was being rushed to get through people. But still willing to say Hi, bit of eye contact and friendly. Constant Smiler.

Kae Alexander - Lovely girl. She was so pleasant and friendly to everyone who met her and happy to have a chat and answer questions and pose for photos.

Faye Marsay - Warm, friendly, personable, even when the queue was being rushed through. always smiling and interested in people's personal items.

Sam Coleman - Another underappreciated guest. Literally as if Kristian had been shrunk. The same happy, jolly, personable and interested guest. Genuinely wanting to engage with fans and seemed to truly appreciated his elevated position in our eyes. I even asked if he was sick of "Hold the Door" yet and his response summed it up perfectly. "Not at all. At the end of the day.......I'm in Game of Thrones man!".

That was just about my weekend, except for a couple of Comic artists I met/had sketched done by and a couple I've come to know from previous shows who I had a great little chat with to escape the auto hall for a while.

• Like 1

All the guests I met were really nice, however the following four really "wowed" me

Jeremy Renner - Was so great in the photoshoot, gave me a big hug and called me sweetie! I was so chuffed, couldn't be happier with the photo it was worth every penny! He was really nice in the autograph session too, I met him near the end of the day on Sunday and he asked how I was and I told him I was a big fan and it was really great to meet him. He said it was great to meet me too and thanked me, he's such a lovely man and very down to earth considering he's such a big star!

Elden Henson - He was really chatty when I got his autograph and he remembered me from the photoshoot earlier which was nice. I spoke to him about Idle Hands and he spoke to me at some length about it and said Seth Green is a great guy. Also spoke to him about Daredevil and The Defenders. Of all the guests I met I spoke to him the most, I'm really glad I met him, he was an amazing guest.

Harold Perrineau - He seemed really happy to be there, I spoke to him about Lost and we had a laugh about his character always screaming "WAAALLLTTT!" :smile: He said he didn't realise how often he did it until so many people online were talking about it! He was also happy to pose for a photo with me at the autograph desk.

Michael Emerson - Another really nice man. I got a photoshoot and autograph from him. Spoke to him at the autograph desk and he told me it was his first event and it was a little daunting but he had a good time and said he met some lovely people.

A big thank you to Showmasters for bringing some fantastic guests and making this years event so brilliant! :clap:

The girl at YALC who gave me her hair band. I was looking for a rubber band for a poster I got and asked the YALC desk (you never know), who unfortunately didn't have any. A very nice girl overheared and gave me her hair band as she wouldn't be needing it. I always regret not meeting more people or forum members at the event, should work on that.

Oh and the guests of course were pretty much all amazing. Especially pleased that Jeremy Renner was doing personalisations, I was afraid that wouldn't be the case.

I was really lucky, the guests I met were all fantastic. I loved Jamie Harris, he was so funny unless you got talking to him about football. Michael Emerson was so sweet. Hacksaw and Hardcore were hilarious all weekend. Johnny Yong Bosch was so nice, speaking to my friend on the phone who couldn't be there. He made her year! All in all, it was a great weekend and I can't wait til the next one.

I got Rex Smith's autograph for a friend & he was lovely.

Chatted to me for ages about the trouble he's had getting in Sunday morning due to the bike race (he'd walked the last mile, I wonder how many other guests did that!!).

He said he'd really enjoyed the event and when he realised I'd been crew expressed how hard we worked & how well it was all run. Genuinely a lovely guy.

My biggest Wow though was Jeremy Renner.

What a great guy, no airs and graces in front of the attendees, made everybody feel like he was genuinely pleased to see them. A proper pro! :)

Totally forgot to add that we met my son's favourite author, Philip Reeve, in YALC on Sunday and he was awesome!

Such a nice guy, chatted for ages and wrote the best dedication in my son's book that I've ever seen, made his day. :)

It was simply amazing if not VERY tiring!!

I met countless people including Jack Gleeson, Michael Emerson, Dave Prowse, John Ashton, Judge Reinhold and loads more but I think I have to say and I will probably bore people with saying it but meeting Judge was just outstanding, made my year!!

So tired now though!! Not many photos as was too busy!!

Is anyone going to mention famke janssen ?

I did say "wow" after my experiences with her to be fair!

I have to confess that after she signed a photo & trading card for me she looked up and smiled and said "Have a nice day" i left the signing area in a complete daze much to the amusement of three members of the crew who were looking in my direction at the time. Although one of them did comment "he'd probably be in the same state as me if he'd just met her" it still took me a few minutes to get back to reality.

I'm still WOWed by the rudeness of Peter Mayhew....

Glad I'm not the only one! Had a little joke so was going well and then 'I don't do personalisations' with no one else in the queue he said it pretty bluntly too, shot me right down 👎

• Like 1

Has he learned how to spell his character name yet?

Nope lol. He spelt it wrong and had to go back and write over it which kinda looks like a mess but eh, not fussed, it's Peter Mayhew, he was cool with me on Friday.

Really?? This weekend was the first time I've met Peter Mayhew and I thought he was lovely! I had this baby Chewie artwork print by Salvador Ramírez Madriz that I had been holding onto for him to sign. He commented on the artwork and then told me all about a baby Chewie cartoon he'd seen. :)

• Like 1

Jeremy Renner, Kim Coates, and Jack Gleeson were my top 3. Closely followed by Natalia Tena whom I only did a photo with on Sunday but was so nice to people, and Mads Mikkelsen, I met him late on Sunday and although he looked tired he still posed for a table selfie and was friendly.

Bad wows, seems like it was just me who had a less than 100% experience with Tobin Bell. Peter Mayhew was OK on Friday but seemed upset but that might have been Showmasters putting him in the middle of a row and him having issues getting in. Kenny Baker, but that was because he looked so frail and ill Saturday he still smiled after signing my box set.

Mads Mikkelse, Jeremy Renner and Dominic Monaghan, they were lovely.

and I have to say, I absolutley have the most respect ever in the world for KENNY BAKER! The fact he still did that event, despite his age and condition. He was amazing, so friendly and kind, really almost had tears in my eyes because of his charisma and kindness en love for his fans. Thank you, Kenny!

I wasn't going to say anything, but now I am, so sorry if I am causing offence to anyone who posted here. I love you guys very much and I'm glad you had great experiences meeting the guests, but when I started this topic I intended it to be for people to talk about fellow attendees and Showmaster volunteers. I'm a bit disappointed that it has deviated away from that. I'm sorry if I didn't make it clear in my opening post. Have any of you got any nice stories about other people you met who visited the convention? Did anyone do something nice for you to help you out or you for them? Did any blue or red shirts wow you by exceeding your expectations? That's the sort of thing I meant XXX

I wasn't going to say anything, but now I am, so sorry if I am causing offence to anyone who posted here. I love you guys very much and I'm glad you had great experiences meeting the guests, but when I started this topic I intended it to be for people to talk about fellow attendees and Showmaster volunteers. I'm a bit disappointed that it has deviated away from that. I'm sorry if I didn't make it clear in my opening post. Have any of you got any nice stories about other people you met who visited the convention? Did anyone do something nice for you to help you out or you for them? Did any blue or red shirts wow you by exceeding your expectations? That's the sort of thing I meant XXX

As always, loved the attendees's. Being somewhere like this is just the best, every queue I was in I ended up chatting to people behind or in front and made friends with a few of them. There is a lady who was in a red shirt last year who was there again this year, she is very kind and helpful but I sadly didn't manage to speak to her as she was in a rush somewhere.

EDIT: Also the chap sorting the queues for Jeremy Renners photoshoot on Saturday afternoon, funny guy and was really making people smile the whole time.

Edited by Chazzley
  • Like 1

As always, loved the attendees's. Being somewhere like this is just the best, every queue I was in I ended up chatting to people behind or in front and made friends with a few of them. There is a lady who was in a red shirt last year who was there again this year, she is very kind and helpful but I sadly didn't manage to speak to her as she was in a rush somewhere.

EDIT: Also the chap sorting the queues for Jeremy Renners photoshoot on Saturday afternoon, funny guy and was really making people smile the whole time.

Brilliant! Likewise, in each queue I ended up chatting to people. They helped me get through the waiting for sure.