Who WOWed You At LFCC?

I had such a nice experience this year at London Film & Comic Con, interacting with Showmasters volunteers & fellow attendees that I thought I'd start a thread where people can tell their stories and thank each other. Not everything went according to plan for some people, but lets use this to highlight the positive & the good. I spent a lot of time in queues, so thank you to everyone in front & behind me or next to me who chatted and help the time pass more quickly & make the waiting nicer. I always say this after every con, I wish I'd exchanged at least forum user names to stay in touch with people.

Natalia Tena - It's the first time I'd met her after not being able to go other events she'd done. She was really friendly and asked everyone their name before the photo was taken. She also wrote happy birthday on my friends DVD that I was getting signed as a gift.

Elden Hensen - Again, super friendly, I was so excited to meet him.

Adam Copeland - I rarely like my photoshoots but I love my one with him, we're both laughing.

Jeremy Renner - He squeezed me! Who wouldn't be happy with that!

I spoke to really nice attendees in the queue, I should have caught names, especially when I ended up talking to them again 3 hours later!

• Like 3

Totally agree I met lots of ace people guests and attendees alike. Friday highlight was Amir from The Blacklist he was so amazingly nice and a total new crush. Saturday was Jeremy for auto and also a kind offer of VQ ticket for Mads by an attendee me and my husband got chatting too. Sunday was Jeremy at photo shoot he was so friendly.amd gave me anig hug and said loved my t-shirt which was a Jeremy Renner tee 😍

Natalia Tena - It's the first time I'd met her after not being able to go other events she'd done. She was really friendly and asked everyone their name before the photo was taken. She also wrote happy birthday on my friends DVD that I was getting signed as a gift.

Elden Hensen - Again, super friendly, I was so excited to meet him.

Adam Copeland - I rarely like my photoshoots but I love my one with him, we're both laughing.

Jeremy Renner - He squeezed me! Who wouldn't be happy with that!

I spoke to really nice attendees in the queue, I should have caught names, especially when I ended up talking to them again 3 hours later!

Totally agree Natalia was very nice and yes took time to ask my name. Elden was very friendly too and Jack Gleeson he seemed super fun.

• Like 1

Jeremy Renner for sure! He's got one helluva grip on him! For the photo, he just grabbed me and squished me to him! It was really nice that he wasn't afraid to get up close to his fans! He was engaging and funny, and it was a real privilege to meet him.

And I also gotta say, the two guys running the queue at Photo A (Stuart and someone who's name I unfortunately didn't get) were fantastic! Really efficient, and very helpful.

I had great experiences with everyone I met including Famke Janssen (although reading on the forum unfortunately many wasn't as lucky as me) the stand out for me was Amir Arison (from the Blacklist).

When getting his autograph he said, "your face is very familiar, I know we met before I can't quite place you, let me think" he thinking away then after 40 sec still not coming up with an answer I said " I had a photo taken with you 10 minutes ago in Photo Booth B which he just burst out laughing. We had a long chat about the Blacklist and while doing so wrote out a very long dedication from the top of the photo to the bottom, in part thanking me for being such a fan of the show. Listening to his talk, the questions about the Blacklist were almost identical to the ones we talked about a half hour earlier, also he gave me a shout out from the stage and let me have the final question of his Q&A.

I have to mention John Aston who really was a class act. Missing for most of Friday as he had to seek medical advice to the point of urgently needing surgery but decided to put it off till later today so he didn't disappoint the fans attending this event who wanted to met him. I was always a great fan of his work and after this weekend even more so and wish him a speedy recovery and a safe journey home..

Edited by Jabberwocky50
  • Like 1

I had great experiences with everyone I met including Famke Janssen (although reading on the forum unfortunately many wasn't as lucky as me) the stand out for me was Amir Arison (from the Blacklist).

When getting his autograph he said, "your face is very familiar, I know we met before I can't quite place you, let me think" he thinking away then after 40 sec still not coming up with an answer I said " I had a photo taken with you 10 minutes ago in Photo Booth B which he just burst out laughing. We had a long chat about the Blacklist and while doing so wrote out a very long dedication from the top of the photo to the bottom, in part thanking me for being such a fan of the show. Listening to the talk he gave, the questions and the Blacklist were almost identical to the ones we talked about a half hour earlier, also he gave me a shout out from the stage and the final question of his Q&A.

I have to mention John Aston who really was a class act. Missing for most of Friday as had to seek medical advice to the point of urgently needing surgery but decided to put it off till later today so I didn't disappoint the fans attending this event. I was always a great fan of his work and after this weekend even more so and wish him a speedy recovery and a safe journey home..

Totally echo your comments regarding Amir. He was my first auto of weekend an first photo. He was so sweet at auto dedicating it for me and then at photo he said we just met I just did auto and gave me a big hug. I love my photo with Amir and am an even bigger fan now.

Went this year mainly for Lost, and I'm pleased to report that Michael Emerson, Dominic Monoghan and Harold Perrineu were all fantastic! Harold was so friendly and chatty at the table. Dominic gave a T-Shirt out to the person with the best question at the Lost talk! Michael was great in the Photoshoot, put his arm around everyone and was very friendly and polite.

• Like 1

The people running photoshoot A and C on Saturday were really good at keeping everything organised and running efficiently - both the ones running the line outside and the people distributing etc.. The people doing the prop photoshoots were great too so I want to thank all of them in particular, and all the photographers

Every guest I got an autograph from was great to meet. I won't mention them all, but all of the Power Rangers were brilliant. Faye Marsay was lovely, a real pleasure to meet, as were Sylvester Mccoy, Bonnie Langford, Michelle Gomez and Paul Mcgann. Finally Laurie Holden was lovely too

I want to mention a couple of photoshoots too. Firstly the Nakia Zeo photoshoot was brilliant with a great pose, and I love my photo with Michelle Gomez too, her pose is brilliant.

Kae Alexander was lovely and showed a lot of interest in a painting I did of Leaf. Was happy when I gave her a print and happy to chat also.

Kim Coates was very cool. Again very happy to chat. Down to earth guy and no problem with desk photos. Appreciated and understood the fans love of SOA.

Jack Gleeson. Was super busy when I met him for an autograph but still took the time to ask how I was. I explained I was also getting an autograph for someone else and he showed interest in that person also. At the end he thanked me by name. Even something that small goes a real long way.

Renner was a total movie star and cool with it. It's obvious we would have a short time due to volume but still was friendly and made you feel like you matter and are appreciated.

Mads is similar to Renner and I really appreciated the desk photo on the Friday with him as I didn't book a shoot.

Dolph was cool and we had a laugh during the photo shoot which is why I had a funny look on my face in the shoot!

Must have to add Stuart in Photo A. He was authoritive as he should be and got the results he wanted without being rude. Knew what he was doing and gave some good banter while we were waiting. Worked really hard all day. Give the guy a red shirt!

That's pretty much all my guests. Michelle Gomez didn't really say much but was super busy and Famke is another story.

• Like 2

A lot of guests were fantastic this year, but for me it was comic artist Ramon Rosanas, who i asked to do me a rough sketch on the front of a blank cover comic i have, and he created basically a work of art for me, was completely blown away that despite him doing autos, etc he was still willing to literally spend a good few hours on and off making a perfect sketch for me :)

• Like 3

I've met a few guests over Friday and Saturday, all where ok, some a bit let's say colder, but for me 3 really stand out... Countdown:

3rd place, he was this year bigger star, Jeremy Renner, did not get a chance to meet him at the signing table, I'm fine with it, knew it was a probability as I did not go for Diamond, I'm more of a photoshoot guy.... Anyway even with the busy line, and even for a few seconds he seemed happy to be here, had a smile, kind words for everyone, very cool

2nd place Michael Emerson, a reserved personality , quiet , but so friendly , good to have a few words with him, did not mind to take extra pics at the table, met him for photoshoot and signature , loveable character... Handsome guy

1st placed, literally wowed by Kim Coates, chatty extremely available, lots of picture taken, kind words , took extra time with everyone, very active at the table, met him at the table and for signature, he is one of the best guests I've ever met, very open guy, I can't recall meeting a guest being sooooo cool , Norman Reedus and Robert Knepper are the closest I can think of

• Like 2

Kim Coates was absolutely amazing and my fave meet of the day was Tobin Bell he was so kind and lovely during photoshoot and autographs and took his time to talk to me when I got my autographs done and he really loved my hair so he drew a heart on my autograph as he said it looked like my hair LOL he was so lovely but still darn creepy ❤️

• Like 2

Jack Gleeson - happy to chat about his character getting slapped.

Natalia - same reason as everyone else

Joe Nahuafu - standing in front of desk and asking how popular King Joffrey is

Jamie Harris - Wishing me luck on getting rest of Agents Of Shield

Nakia Burrise, Catherine Sutherland, Julian Sands, Adam Copeland and the rest of GOTs guests who were there on Saturday for being very nice and friendly

• Like 1

I had a fantastic time but for me it's all about Jon Heder. Had a lovely chat with him and he was putting on Napoleon Dynamite voice and doing some of the movie quotes. Had a real laugh with him, very personal and memorable. Such a great guy. Also repeating what everyone else is saying about Jeremy, such a down to earth gentleman.

• Like 1

I only really saw Mads fully but he was fantastic, couldn't have been nicer!

Michael E was lovely as well

As was Mark Verheiden. I was waiting at his desk just after 1 when he was on lunch and he kept apologising to me for keeping me waiting despit my reassurances to the contrary!

So many great guests I can't say a bad thing about any of them (bar one)...

They all seemed to interact a lot more this year and there seemed to be more allowances for table photos too which was nice (unless I was just right place right time haha) :D

Dominic Monaghan- started by asking my name, so I told him Mat with 1 T, as he started signing he was telling me that's his brother name, straight away realising he'd put 2 T's on my name. He tried to rectify it but gave up and did me another photo sighed 'to Mat with 1 T!' I though that was brilliant. Then he grabbed the other one and said he'd sign that too and I can just give it someone. Scribbled out Matt and signed it to 'Not to Mat'

Little things like this really do make the day for me 😃

Edited by Matmego23
  • Like 5

say evey one who met was fantastic my top ones where

Jeremy Renner fantastic bloke hope he comes back

Natalia Tena she was really funny

Bonnie Langford had a lovely chat with her

Laurie Holden was also very chatty as well

Mads Mikkelsen was a top bloke he was a last minute decision to meet I am glad I did meet him

• Like 1

I met Renner, Coates, Heder, Perrineau and Mads. All amazing guests! The one who stood out the most to me was Jamie Harris. My brother and friend met him in their photoshoots today. Before the shoot before had ended he was chatting away to my friend about how he's trying to find a drink as he's seen people with beers. The photo happens, my brother says "would you come for a drink" which he replies "I'll have to go back to my table to check with everything". 10 minutes go by, we go to his signing table, we ask him to come for a beer and whatcha know, me, my brother and 3 friends are walking with this guy to get a drink! He buys us all a round (we are all over 18) and we get chatting for 15 minutes whilst having a cold one. Now that's a top notch guest and I'll happily await his return! He didn't just make the day special, he made the whole weekend!

• Like 6

I met Renner, Coates, Heder, Perrineau and Mads. All amazing guests! The one who stood out the most to me was Jamie Harris. My brother and friend met him in their photoshoots today. Before the shoot before had ended he was chatting away to my friend about how he's trying to find a drink as he's seen people with beers. The photo happens, my brother says "would you come for a drink" which he replies "I'll have to go back to my table to check with everything". 10 minutes go by, we go to his signing table, we ask him to come for a beer and whatcha know, me, my brother and 3 friends are walking with this guy to get a drink! He buys us all a round (we are all over 18) and we get chatting for 15 minutes whilst having a cold one. Now that's a top notch guest and I'll happily await his return! He didn't just make the day special, he made the whole weekend!

Haha that is quality! He was one of the first guests I met on Friday and was really chatty :D