Jeremy Renner Appreciation Thread

• Moderators

Had an amazing weekend. He's everything I imagined and more. Just an amazing, sweet and kind man. Gave loads of hugs. Even bigger fan now (if that's possible) than I was before! ❤️❤️❤️

So pleased for you that he lived up to your expectations.

Personal fave of the con and oddly the one I was expecting the least from being as he's such a superstar. Turns out he's a superstar in person too. I took a silly sign and went up to him and he went for the hug pose but then noticed it and asked what it said, let him have a look and he cracked up laughing and said it was brilliant and asked what I wanted him to do. I said just strike your best superhero pose and ill try to look normal, which he laughed at also. Then he struck a cool pose and I gave wide eyes to the camera, pic done, he started laughing again and gave me a hug and I thanked him. Got a good laugh from his crew too. Was really fun and he didn't hurry it like I expected. Wonderful guest.

• Like 1

I only got a photo op with Jeremy, so it was a brief meeting - but he was excellent. I asked for a hug in my photo which he was clearly happy to do. He was full of smiles, gave an amazing hug and consequently it's my favourite photo of the weekend. He didn't feel like a 'big' guest in his manner - he was friendly and so obviously pleased to be meeting us - I could not have hoped for a better experience.

• Like 1

Yh full credit and appreciation to jeremy renner. He must have had a mentally busy weekend and yet always seemed to be in good spirits :) an example all guests should aspire too!

Though saying that this year we did seem to have a lot of happy and friendly guests... Dont know if SM was spiking their waters or something, but whatever it was it worked a treat ;)

• Like 3

He was very cool - too busy to personalize when I met him on Saturday, but was taking the time to look up and smile at people while saying, "Hi, how are you?" and suchlike while doing the autos, and he was also really friendly and personable in the photoshoots. (That was one of my favourite photos of the weekend, and it was just a nice simple vanilla shot, but we're both grinning away.) Great guest.

Edited by CosmicAvatar

He was awesome completly different experience ive had in the past from Big A-List guests! Its always been sort of production line which i get so everyone can get a go however even thou i personally didnt spend much time with him. He cared and those few seconds in the "production line" were cool

He was really nice and I had to laugh a little at him struggling a bit with the jet lag, I know how horrible that can be, but he didn't let that diminish the day. Pleased with my photo, had to get a second go as the first had lines running across it as it printed off. I got my print signed for a friend who is a massive fan but couldn't make it herself and he thought it was a lovely gesture; it would have been nice to explain a little about her in particular but appreciate the time constraints. Can't wait to hand over the print as excited doesn't begin to explain the reaction I got when I sent a photo of it with her name on it!

I didn't really know what to expect meeting him, like you say with him being such a huge star but he excelled my expectations. He was just so lovely, and my photo with him might be my fave EVER. Meeting him was such an enjoyable experience. Enjoyed his talk too.

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Edited by staceywho

Jeremy is a class act in every way. He was so friendly and I haven't heard anyone say a bad word about him which speaks volumes!

I managed to get a hug from him in the photoshoot which made me a very happy girl! :) Also got a personalised autograph and a few words with him which was much more than I expected. His photo and autograph were the most I've ever paid for a guest but it was worth every penny.

Thank you so much Showmasters for bringing him to the event!

• Like 1

We weren't sure if we were going to meet him as it was the most expensive autography we've had, but as Ron cancelled we thought we'd see if we could. In on sat but didn't get good VT's on many of our guests, saw that he was on 1-100 at about 3 so gave up for sat and didn't think it would happen on Sunday. Rushed in on Sunday and got Rutger and Dominic tickets first, then thought we might as well try Jeremy again, just in case. Got a lower number than we did for Rutger, which surprised me and then by 2pm he was pretty much open queue.

Really pleased we did get to meet him, really nice guy and quite chatty too, I said that there should be a Hawkeye solo movie, to which he said he wished he was able to decide that and I told him I liked how they had developed the character in the newer movies and he was saying how fun it was to play now. Great guy.

Only decided to have a photo with Jeremy Renner for Sunday the night before after reading all the positive comments on Twitter from people who meet him on Saturday and have to say I'm glad I did. Over the last few years I have had many photos at these conventions, some of them been good, some not so good, but this photo was the best one I have ever had. Although it was brief, he was very friendly. When I walked up to him, he said "Hey man how are you" which I replied "Hello, pleasure to meet you". He put his arm round me, which I did the same. After the photo as I left I said "thank you so much" and replied by saying bye. So happy with how the photo turned out, having trouble uploading it on here so putting a link to Twitter where I put it up https://twitter.com/prchambers/status/759775743723261952 . Overall well done Showmasters for bringing in a great guest.

• Like 1