Autograph holders

Guest TantalizingTwilightFan

I'm going to take out every photo I own from it's holder tomorrow lol and start my hunt for good holders to care for my pics lol. Spent a fortune over the last few years, last thing I want to do is lose them

Let me know if you find any good quality rigid holders anywhere!

I'm going to take out every photo I own from it's holder tomorrow lol and start my hunt for good holders to care for my pics lol. Spent a fortune over the last few years, last thing I want to do is lose them

Be really careful if any are in the hard plastic sleeves. I managed to rip one of mine because it was stuck in it. Thankfully I have learnt from this and have never used them again!

I've been looking at the Arrowfile ones, but can't work out what size to get for the autos and photoshoot photos. I used to get all mine from Frank's but never really took much noticed what size they were - can anyone confirm before I buy some that are not the right size - I don't really do all these measurements in mm!!

I use Arrowfile clear 6x9 pocket refills for the photo op photos. They're a perfect fit and each sleeve takes 4 photos (I get the clear version, which is code RE1523C - you can just search for that on the Arrowfile webpage. But if you go to the 'pocket refill sleeves' tab at the top of the page you'll see they also have ones with white or black backing).

And I use the Arrowfile clear 10x8 pocket refills for my autographs (RA9790C). These have some 'empty' space at the top of the sleeve but as I'm using these for safe long term storing in an album (rather than displaying on a wall) that's fine with me. Each of these sleeves take 2 photos.

Both sizes fit into the same album - which again I get from Arrowfile - so I can have my autographs and photo ops in the same ring binder. If you look at the specifications section of the sleeves you're going to buy it will link you to compatible albums.

• Like 2

The best rigid protectors if you want to display them are the UltraPro screw downs, but they are quite/very expensive. You can get clear or black borders. I haven't got any 8x10 ones but do have some for cards I have and they are really good.

I didn't realise how bad the autograph holders at the event were for the photos though, I think I shall be getting all my signed photos out of them tonight then!

I'd like the photos to be put into an album or book of some sort with rigid backs as opposed to being put into plastic ringbinder wallets, can anyone suggest anything to be used for this?

Edited by WraithWarrior

The best rigid protectors if you want to display them are the UltraPro screw downs, but they are quite/very expensive. You can get clear or black borders. I haven't got any 8x10 ones but do have some for cards I have and they are really good.

I didn't realise how bad the autograph holders at the event were for the photos though, I think I shall be getting all my signed photos out of them tonight then!

I'd like the photos to be put into an album or book of some sort with rigid backs as opposed to being put into plastic ringbinder wallets, can anyone suggest anything to be used for this?

Like I said above WW, you can add the card comic backs to the plastic pages to make them more rigid if that's what you want. It's just a lot easier to get them and suitable pages and folders than rigid solutions that don't have some sort of down side.

Like I said above WW, you can add the card comic backs to the plastic pages to make them more rigid if that's what you want. It's just a lot easier to get them and suitable pages and folders than rigid solutions that don't have some sort of down side.

Ah ok, thanks :)

It would have been good to get a book without the binder/plastic wallets but I've been looking and can't seem to find any so it look's like I'll be getting some and doing that.

I've been looking at the Arrowfile ones, but can't work out what size to get for the autos and photoshoot photos. I used to get all mine from Frank's but never really took much noticed what size they were - can anyone confirm before I buy some that are not the right size - I don't really do all these measurements in mm!!

I use Arrowfile clear 6x9 pocket refills for the photo op photos. They're a perfect fit and each sleeve takes 4 photos (I get the clear version, which is code RE1523C - you can just search for that on the Arrowfile webpage. But if you go to the 'pocket refill sleeves' tab at the top of the page you'll see they also have ones with white or black backing).

And I use the Arrowfile clear 10x8 pocket refills for my autographs (RA9790C). These have some 'empty' space at the top of the sleeve but as I'm using these for safe long term storing in an album (rather than displaying on a wall) that's fine with me. Each of these sleeves take 2 photos.

Both sizes fit into the same album - which again I get from Arrowfile - so I can have my autographs and photo ops in the same ring binder. If you look at the specifications section of the sleeves you're going to buy it will link you to compatible albums.

That is fantastic fella thank you , struggling since Nic sadly died to find suitable sleeves.

How do you find them in black as when I search for RE1523C and change the C to a B or W there is no products listed ?

That is fantastic fella thank you , struggling since Nic sadly died to find suitable sleeves.

How do you find them in black as when I search for RE1523C and change the C to a B or W there is no products listed ?

You can find the same ones Nic used to sell here http://timecare.co.uk/timecare/product.php?productid=38&cat=0&bestseller=Y These are the people he used to buy from.

Edited by Wrong Name
  • Like 1

to all those looking for a good autograph/photo storage whether new to this or been doing it for a long time and use to go to franks autographs here is the link's to

the products.

starter kit £45.60
folder £20.40
autograph wallets £8.17
photo wallets £8.17
autograph book boxes £6.65
mounting card £11.22
V strips £4.60
Hope this helps. it took me a while to find all these on the site but they are the same ones franks autographs use to sell.
  • Like 4

Unfortunately they don't do black and white in all the sizes - which is why I stick with clear (I also print out my over the table photos with guests as 7x5) so I can have all my variously sized sleeves the same colour.

The easiest way to see the various options available is to: 1) go to http://www.arrowfile.com then 2) select 'Pocket refill sleeves' from the row of options at the top of the page, then 3) select to view more for 'Photo and document pocket refill sleeves' on the next page, then 4) use the check box filters on the left side of the page to see what options are available by colour (black, clear, white) or size.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for this tread! I didn't know...

I only bought 2 for the big exclusive photo I has signed which was included in gold pass.

I get confuse in those website where can I find protection for them?

I think they are 13x18 or something like that

Well, who knew there were so many ways to store autos/photos.

At the event I use a display book to store any autos/photos I get putting an A4 sheet of paper on top to stop the auto going walkabout. As for storing at home, I just use lever arch folders and A4 pockets from WH Smiths! 15 years in and all autos/photos doing well.

Thanks a lot for this tread! I didn't know...

I only bought 2 for the big exclusive photo I has signed which was included in gold pass.

I get confuse in those website where can I find protection for them?

I think they are 13x18 or something like that

You might have to find something custom for the larger images. I use an A3 cardboard art file I got in Hobbycraft and separate the posters with tissue paper.

Turns out I had no old holders left other than what I brought at the weekend lol I obviously saw sense two years ago at my last con!

I had timecare sleeves which had the item number on so I've emailed them :)