Famke Janssen?

Bought the diamond pass she wasn't interested in me what I had to say photo shoot was just awkward. People can defend her but pretty much 90% of people I spoke to had the same experience no one happy. Wish I hadn't spent the money but hey too late now. Jack gleeson who I didn't buy diamond for totally made up for it and wish I'd bought his diamond pass cos id rather he had my money than famke

• Like 4

Hi.. was it yourself that gave me and my husband a VQ ticket for Mads? If so, thanks again. We got it straight away!!! Was fab. If not, you have had a similat experience with the hand being slapped away by the bodyguard.

Yes, 'twas I! Very glad you someone who would appreciate it could make use of it, and I'm glad to hear that you had the same great experience I had when I met him many years ago. Coincidentally, I bumped into your other half whilst he was waiting for the Bonnie Langford shoot and me the Paul McGann one and thanked me again - you're both very welcome.

Same as above. I made small talk which she just flat out ignored, then my autograph was thrown in my direction with no acknowledgement. Being in pain is no excuse for treating someone like that. I don't even want the autograph any more to be honest and I certainly won't be doing anything with the photo shoot photo, and mine was one of the better ones as I wasn't going to look more of an idiot that I already felt by being a couple of feet away from her.

Couldn't believe the talk then opened by talking about fan interaction!

• Like 4

Couldn't believe the talk then opened by talking about fan interaction!

Can't believe I forgot that bit! It was like she was trying to say how pleasant she was but I was just sat there thinking that's not how she came across earlier. Who was she trying to convince?

She did say she tries to "make eye contact with everyone". I know this was like her second convention ever, so is somewhat new to all this but generally people need a bit more than that.

• Like 2

We have 100's of photo ops taken every year and Famke was the worst experience we have ever had. You literally could have been next to a wax work. It is only manners to say hello when spoken to, she literally did not even turn her head towards us when spoken to. I am sorry I don't care who you are that is just plain rude. Every other guest this year was a pleasure to meet and part with hard earned money for. It all sounds like a combination of excuses. show masters may need to explain the fans would at least appreciate a hello as part of the experience. We do totally understand that a guest may not want a 1000 sweaty armpits draped over them and they do not want a chat, however this was a paid photo shoot with a live actor not a cut out, if she was, jet lagged, sugar over dosed, broken ribbed, in awe of the volume of people or having a panic attack, don't do it and save a lot of people a lot of money. Being balled at in the queue, do not speak, don't touch, move quickly, it is ok to smile, really? Was this an expensive passport photo or a photo with a live guest? I am amazed security were not in the photo they were virtually sitting on her knee! Real shame as everyone has a poor impression of Famke now and maybe she would have been better to cancel if it was upsetting her that much. Kim Coates was the best on a brighter note!! :)

• Like 10

I can't comment on the photo shoots as I didn't get one. But at her signing table she was a little rushed but courteous enough for me to be happy. I did get an enthusiastic "hi, how are you?" short back and forth exchange and smiles/eye contact so I was pleased. This was mid-afternoon right after she had a short break.

I'm sad to hear others had worse experiences though. The photo shoots do look quite awkward :(

I met her today (Sunday) she smiled and said hi while signing and also did so at the photo session too.

That's more than good enough for me so I'm happy with how it went.

I'm happy to respect people's personal space and any conditions that come with that.

Also huge respect to the chap running photo area A (I'll learn his name one day) for making sure all went smoothly. Clear instructions and seemingly eternal patience. A real credit to Showmasters.

Hi.. was it yourself that gave me and my husband a VQ ticket for Mads? If so, thanks again. We got it straight away!!! Was fab. If not, you have had a similat experience with the hand being slapped away by the bodyguard.

Yes, 'twas I! Very glad you someone who would appreciate it could make use of it, and I'm glad to hear that you had the same great experience I had when I met him many years ago. Coincidentally, I bumped into your other half whilst he was waiting for the Bonnie Langford shoot and me the Paul McGann one and thanked me again - you're both very welcome.

Ahhhh yes he did say actually when he came back from the Bonnie shoot. I forgot in the madness that is LFCC lol

Its kinda bizarre how poles apart peoples experiences seem to be. I'm more than happy to respect someones personal space, but I said hello to her and got flat out ignored. Not a word, she didn't even look at me. Yet she seems to have been personable with others. Odd. Maybe she didn't like the look of me lol.

• Like 1

I always find that if I feel awkward during a photo-shoot then it shows in the final photo because my 'pose' is completely different. I was completely on edge in this one, Famke and I just exchanged a hi, and that was about it, I thanked her and I think she kind of acknowledged that, to be quite honest, it was horrific and I couldn't get away fast enough. That's not how it's supposed to feel when you meet someone you're a fan of, but nevertheless I did. I simply wanted out of there. I got a half smile in my photo, but it will be having some major photoshopping before I publish it on Facebook, that's all I'm saying! I can perfectly understand people's feelings of disappointment, if she had an injury, she should have been recovering from that, a comic con is no place to be when you are feeling off colour, I know that from personal experience. The security people (a man in a suit and the woman who were there) did nothing to help, were not especially friendly and only added to my anxiety. I'm afraid I won't be meeting any future guests who are like this, again. I get anxious enough without it stemming from an experience which is supposed to be enjoyable.

• Like 2

Yeah, my photoshoot looks very awkward too. Some people handled the no-touching rule by standing slightly behind her, so it doesn't look too bad. Unfortunately I didn't, and there's a veritable chasm between us and we both look rather perplexed and strained. That said, I didn't know about the broken rib and can imagine that must feel agonizing, so props for her for trying. Sure, she could have called the whole thing off to convalesce, but probably didn't want to let us down, which is a bit of a sticky situation in which to be. Also, she managed to turn, flash a quick smile and say "Hi," in response to my, "Hey," when I got there, which is fine IMHO when one's in the middle of a busy photoshoot. (Of course the relaxed ones are more fun, but for the big guests, the conveyer belt is very much on high speed, so I'm used to that.) I did warn my friend, so she did the standing-slightly-behind pose, and that looks much better.

For the auto, Famke was signing like a maniac as the queue was gigantic, but managed to personalize my auto (with a little heart), then look up, give me a lovely smile and thank me afterwards, which is more than I expected under the circumstances.

Put it this way - I've definitely had worse, and from much quieter guests. I was happy with this encounter.

Edited by CosmicAvatar
  • Like 1

Its all sad really :-( for us and her. I am sure no one sets out to look a little sad in a photo shoot unless they are ignorant and I am sure Famke isnt. A bad day I guess.

Still hey ho nothing we can do now. My picture is what it is, not happy, but again nothing we can do.

On another note the security she had were pretty on the ball haha

Litterally going for the guy in front of me! He had a few plastic guns (holstered, never taken out). He needed to check them by raising his voice and lunging towards him. Quite a sight.

Still security is there for a reason I guess, maybe the bigger stars with extra men in black security need to search people before they even get in the room. As I heard he did the same with others, asking are they real etc... mmm haha

• Like 1

I actually had/have no interest in touching her/hugging her/any kind of physical contact, all I wanted was a nice picture with her. I didn't even want to shake hands, which is probably for the best otherwise I'd be feeling even more disappointed than I currently do. I almost wanted to ask if breathing in the same airspace was allowed!

Edited by SilvaNemesis
  • Like 5

I can't help but echo all the comments about it being a disappointing experience meeting her. I had two things for her to sign but decided on one. Really wish I hadn't bothered as the whole thing was like a 'factory line'. With Sigourney Weaver at least she made eye contact and smiled at you. With Ms Weaver she made it seem like she appreciated that you made the trouble not to mention expense of seeing her. All the other larger guests, Mads, Rutger and Ian McDiarmid, they made you feel very welcome. Despite the somewhat steep prices of Mads and Ian, the whole experience with them made it seem not so bad. So I agree that even though Famke may have been feeling 'off' the lure of £££ probably made it tolerable to endure the pain.

• Like 2

We'll seeing all those comments I'm glad I 'm not a fan, I never had that kind of interaction with any guest, each guest is different, from reserved to extravagant so to speak and that's ok, but here, it would have ruined my experience and probably fandom... No Mather how big of a star you are it should not happen, Jeremy Renner is probably ,in my opinion a bigger star and even if you only get a few seconds with him, he was great, a nice word, smile, just get you the feeling he appreciates you bring a fan and wanting to meet him, same thing with Sigourney Weaver last year, I did the powerloader shoot, I had a plush face hugger with, she greeted me with a smile, said eeeew, get that thing far from me, I said something like thx from being here, responded positively , it was only a few secs, but those few seconds remains a very good memory.

And I do understand the "not touch" rule, even if I rather at least get an hanshake (Carl Weathers's hanshake, what a grip, lol) , but the general feeling should be a good one, which it seems hasn't been the case here, I really feel for her fans here.

There was also a guest a few year back , don't recall who it was, who shaked everyone's hand, but had a bottle of clinical hand soap of some kind and washed is hands between fans.... He was probably not all up for hanshakings but got trough it for the fans

• Like 2

For me, meeting Famke was an awesome experience. I found her to be very sweet when in the autograph session and in the talk. With the no touching thing at her photo shoot I was a little disappointed at the time but if it was cause she has broke her rib, then that's completely understandable. I would absolutely love to meet her again. She seemed like a very nice person to me.

• Like 2

Litterally going for the guy in front of me! He had a few plastic guns (holstered, never taken out). He needed to check them by raising his voice and lunging towards him. Quite a sight.

Still security is there for a reason I guess, maybe the bigger stars with extra men in black security need to search people before they even get in the room. As I heard he did the same with others, asking are they real etc... mmm haha

Security were quite on the ball all weekend but the ones I saw seemed nice. Jeremy Renners photoshoot two people were cosplaying as Black Widow and Hawkeye and had fake arrows/fake guns. Security calmily went over, asked a couple of questions politely and checked them. No fuss from what I saw. Most are nice and are just doing there job protecting who they're with. Though perhaps Famke's was a little over-zealous Edited by cookies41
  • Like 2

Security were quite on the ball all weekend but the ones I saw seemed nice. Jeremy Renners photoshoot two people were cosplaying as Black Widow and Hawkeye and had fake arrows/fake guns. Security calmily went over, asked a couple of questions politely and checked them. No fuss from what I saw. Most are nice and are just doing there job protecting who they're with. Though perhaps Famke's was a little over-zealous

I didn't meet Famke (never planned to), but I did witness today her security guard searching a guy's plastic bag before continuing with the 8x10 autograph purchase. Never seen that before! Did appear a bit excessive, but I'm sure security had their reasons to check the bag.

Edited by Graphic_Delusions

I do wonder if she's had a bad experience at a previous event that made her security so hyper conscious? I had a photo booked with her today but having arrived at 11 to find it had been delayed and after seeing everyone else's (plus seeing how ashen she looked when I spotted her when I was getting Millie's auto) I decided it against it. To be frank she looked like she was in agony.

Edited by Persephone1
  • Like 1

And you never quite know what has happened in the past with guests. So what may seem over the top at first sight, may have not happened last time and somethings happened. Its just always an odd sight anyone having security men and women in black suits :-)

Rutger Hauer had a hilarious security guard. He was asking people to open their jackets up to see what was maybe inside their inside pockets. Then he turned and said I am not just asking women so I can see their chests haha

See fun and doing his job right :-)