Famke Janssen?

i will be very honest here i bought my famke jassen pass basically from the money that was left over from ron pearlman cancelling. so i was already dissapointed but on my level all i wanted was an auto and a photo from her and this is pretty much what i got . i can say i didn't get a good story or a fun moment with her but i got what i paid for at a base level . i have always been told that not all guests are going to as insanely up for it as say Jeremy Renner or harold perrineau were . i have only done four cons so far and have had very good experiences with most guests but considering some of the stories i have been told about other guests i think i got a good experience with her . if the broken rib story is true (which from what i've read here i think most people doubt ) im actually happy she came even though she maybe wasn't up the whole time she didn't cancel which i think would have been a big blow to the show losing two diamond pass guests in a week . i mean before my first lfcc i remember some post on there about the very likely chance that most female guests would be separate from you due to incidents they may have had in other cons .. but i have found that is not really be the case . i think with certain guests you should always manage your expectations and expect not much from them so when they are awesome it elevates the experience (kinda like when i was told that batman v superman was a load of donkey balls but i actually enjoyed it when i saw it ). i think all of us as fans expect a lot from our guests because we have paid to see them or get a photo or get their autograph . but they are just people like us they are going to have arsey or awesome days just like we do but i just hope that maybe she comes back at some point in the future and i would just see her again just mostly out of curiosity. thank you fro listening and (whispers nathan fillion for next year pleeassssseeee) (rides off on horse)

. i mean before my first lfcc i remember some post on there about the very likely chance that most female guests would be separate from you due to incidents they may have had in other cons .

It's not just the female guests though it probably happens to them more, it happens to some male guests as well when people (particularly in photoshoots where there is more physical contact) feel they have the right to touch inappropriately.

I agree no one should invade anyones personal space or boundaries. However a polite hello smile etc costs nothing however its done and in all honesty I think this thread has been done to end now. I get disappointment... i feel same...but it was what it was. Going round circles and same stuff being said here does nothing.

I am going to say that given the comments on here about Famke I hope she doesn't come back. If she did come back, I would expect very few people wanting to see her. I'm just miffed that I choose her over Jeremy and that the feedback for him was how great he was.

I really regret paying for a photo with her, I understand not wanting to be touched, a lot of people don't like being touched, doesn't make them bad people, but a hello would have been nice, I brought a Kermit puppet before I the photo so I decided for a laugh to have Kermit in the photo too, when I saw her, she was looking at her phone and you can clearly see she does not want to be there, heck even the Showmasters staff seemed a little uncomfertable with her, the security just seemed a bit like of a bully to me, one of those guys that likes to show off how hard there are, he squeezed my hand with Kermit on seeing if there is anything inside, I understand checking, but he could have asked me to take it off so he can check, he bloody hurt too, I have incredible weak hands already didn't need some security squeezing my hand because I had a Muppet on there, heck Famke seemed more of a Muppet to me than Kermit, I can't remember what he said but I replied 'Yeah, it's just a puppet Baht' at that point I just stopped caring, I have never felt more uncomfortable with guest in my life, I even tried to be funny when I made Kermit smile, and after the photo I looked straight at Famke and said 'Ta Baht' and she never replied, she broke her rips not her vocal chords, I left to get my photo there was another fan there and he said it was a weird atmosphere, I looked at him and replied 'He searched Kermit' which looking back I kinda find funny, I think a few people got a chuckle out of that, The Showmasters staff was lovely there, I kind of felt sorry for them that they had to work there, it was a very bad atmosphere, it was like she looked down at everyone like she was better, she never smiled much in the photo either, well at least Kermit smiled, even after being violated :lol: The Showmasters said that Kermit was smiling, god bless them for trying to be positive, I'll appreciate that, when you look at the photos when they post it up just see the one with Kermit smiling, and you can see by my face I felt a bit of a Muppet myself with how much distance I was made to stand, Famke Janssen was defiantly the worst guest I have ever met, there was a lot of stuff I could have spent that £46 on instead, could have gotten the rest of The Muppets or a Zelda Monopoly, or those glowing Lightsabers, or an Autograph from Edge or Michelle Gomez, I have learned from that mistake and I strongly doubt she would come back again, although I'm lucky that only one Guest I've ever met was stuck up and every other person I met was a decent human being.

If anyone else had a nice time with her I'm happy for them but for me I never enjoyed meeting her.

Sorry but what does "baht" mean?

Is that like "butt"?

It's a welsh thing, like how people say mate or bro, in Wales a lot of us say Baht, why I do not know it just kinda stuck, not even sure what it means but I call almost everyone it.

Ah I'm Welsh too - yes it's like "butt" then - sorry didn't recognise the way you spelt it.

Absolutely hilarious you said that to Famke!

I must have spelt it wrong all this time lol I read somewhere that's how it's spelt my bad :)

I am so glad i didnt bother to get a photo or even an expensive diamond pass after hearing all these stories. It feels a bit like when I got my photo with Helen Slater. She stood still and and no touching but at least Helen Slater actually looked at me and said hi, how was your day? are you enjoying the comic con?. Also I am very curious to see the Kermit photo. Did Kermit touch her?

I think Kermit got too intimated by the security he's only a little guy poor thing.

[...] and after the photo I looked straight at Famke and said 'Ta Baht' and she never replied, she broke her rips not her vocal chords

I'm not trying to be mean-spirited, and I'm certainly not trying to defend the almost indefensible Famke Janssen, but I think you're taking too much for granted... that a Dutch woman who has spent the last couple decades living in LA and New York would have a clue what the hell you are talking about when you throw British regional dialect at her. I don't have a clue what you are talking about. Nor do other people in the thread. Why would she?

Put a few hundred miles between one part of the UK and another and some people don't even know that 'ta' = 'thanks'. If someone came up to me and said "ta baht" I'd probably look at them funny as well.

• Like 3

[...] and after the photo I looked straight at Famke and said 'Ta Baht' and she never replied, she broke her rips not her vocal chords

I'm not trying to be mean-spirited, and I'm certainly not trying to defend the almost indefensible Famke Janssen, but I think you're taking too much for granted... that a Dutch woman who has spent the last couple decades living in LA and New York would have a clue what the hell you are talking about when you throw British regional dialect at her. I don't have a clue what you are talking about. Nor do other people in the thread. Why would she?

Put a few hundred miles between one part of the UK and another and some people don't even know that 'ta' = 'thanks'. If someone came up to me and said "ta baht" I'd probably look at them funny as well.

As a Dutch woman myself, speaking English for the better part of the last 6 years, if someone said that, or anything else what I don't understand, to me I'd ask for a clarification. It doesn't hurt to sometimes ask what someone means.

As a Dutch woman myself, speaking English for the better part of the last 6 years, if someone said that, or anything else what I don't understand, to me I'd ask for a clarification. It doesn't hurt to sometimes ask what someone means.

Oh I agree, that would be a fairly normal response (to ask) from most people but, by all accounts, she wasn't a great conversationalist at the weekend!

Edited by Dent_1

Oh I agree, that would be a fairly normal response (to ask) from most people but, by all accounts, she wasn't a great conversationalist at the weekend!

I have to disagree. Too many people scream "racism" if you don't understand regional accents or dialogue. Politicians often get in trouble for it in the UK.

I have to disagree. Too many people scream "racism" if you don't understand regional accents or dialogue. Politicians often get in trouble for it in the UK.

But then it's not the language barrier, but just simply her not being talkative. So even if 'Thanks pal' was being said, there might still not have been a response despite her understanding it. If that makes sense.

As for the last response, I don't get that. If a Frenchman talked to me in French, and I would ask him to repeat that but in English, that's racism, if I understand your message right?

As for the last response, I don't get that. If a Frenchman talked to me in French, and I would ask him to repeat that but in English, that's racism, if I understand your message right?

No.

I'm saying that there is a tendency for some people to scream "racism" if they are an English speaker and another English speaker can't understand them.

Someone with an Indian accent, for example, can be misunderstood by someone from Manchester but it the person from Manchester points it out then they often get accused of racism.

Maybe she just thought it best, in this particular case, to not make waves. *shrugs*

No.

I'm saying that there is a tendency for some people to scream "racism" if they are an English speaker and another English speaker can't understand them.

Someone with an Indian accent, for example, can be misunderstood by someone from Manchester but it the person from Manchester points it out then they often get accused of racism.

Maybe she just thought it best, in this particular case, to not make waves. *shrugs*

That's pretty ridiculous, imho. But then again, people's favorite word to shout these days is 'racism'.

Anyways, this has nothing to do with Famke, so we'll have to stop now.

No.

That's pretty ridiculous, imho. But then again, people's favorite word to shout these days is 'racism'.

Anyways, this has nothing to do with Famke, so we'll have to stop now.

I agree, it IS ridiculous.

All I'm saying is that these days you have to be so cautious or people do indeed shout their "favourite word". Maybe, just maybe, she was trying to avoid a scene.

Or alternatively maybe she just couldn't be bothered? It's clearly been stated by everyone that she was far from engaged with everyone so I personally think it's far more likely that she just wasn't really listening to everyone - if a person was interested they would have said 'sorry I didn't catch that' or variations there of.

• Like 1

I would be interested to see some of the signatures that people got from Famke... as I said in my first post back on p.1, the sigs she gave out at the show were somewhat looser/sloppier than what I know she used to do. In fact I was somewhat disappointed in mine when I saw her signing in front of me, hoping that in person she might put more effort in (how foolish of me!), but looking at people's I saw later in the day, I felt quite lucky mine weren't as bad as they could have been. On another forum a member posted an auto he got from her on Sunday and it is atrocious, the 'Famke' barely resembles an 'F'!

Anyway here are mine that I got Saturday morning:

4525ea66-8fe2-4fe0-bc9d-c820f5c372b7.jpgb840b815-910d-4b1e-a020-ffa3d56f36e8.jpg86.%20Famke%20Janssen%2030.07.16%20LFCC.

• Like 1

Those resemble most of the signatures I've seen of hers on sale. Like me you got them Saturday morning, so mine are similar - the F is made up of several lines, rather than some (presumably later ones) I saw where the F was achieved on one pen movement.

I have to say I was happy with the signatures and the fact she personalised.

Those signatures look pretty good. I am shocked you got a quote!

I put mine away in the folder and haven't looked at them since. Mine were in silver pen and of Jean Grey from last stand and I think Hansel and Gretel.

The last one I just grabbed and didn't get time to look at what else she had as I was getting rushed along at that point too.

My autograph is just plain rubbish, just her name, i'm so angry that i have seen other people's autograph's on here and instagram with to so and so and then her signsture plus a little love heart. Then some people's photo's are really close but yet some are so far away. I have even seen a selfie with someone that she done for 2 people at the signing table and they said she asked them if they wanted one. Why was this happening with a few fans but not with other's after they just spent nearly £100 on her? If Jeremy Renner can squeeze her and almost roll on floor with her and she felt no pain from that, broken rib really??

As several of us have pointed out, she is obviously really uncomfortable with close contact and interaction with fans.....most of the time. On the other hand she seems fairly comfortable on stage with the fans at a distance 'out there'. Proof, well here she is happily taking in the fans applause at the end of her talk, she's certainly not grouchy here. So it's just a personal trait of hers I guess. At least we know one fan got a good photoshoot with her, complete with genuine smile and a direct look, unlike any of the others Lucky him:)

dQZLEtz.jpg