Famke Janssen?

I met famke at the autograph table,i found her very cold,she did not speak did not look up she just signed my item and that was it ,like people have said it seems she did not want to be there also I found her security guard a bit strange,i met Ian McDiarmid,carl weathers and Dolph lundgren and they were all great to talk to,had time for you

Edited by cailesy
  • Like 1

But she will happily sign for 'dealers' NOT FANS. :angry2: If you look on Youtube, you'll see how she'll sign for the dealers all well and fine. But at this event, colder than the Antarctic.
And she was fine with people touching her. Celebrity's or dealers can touch her, but not fans, what is she trying to say ?
  • Like 1

But she will happily sign for 'dealers' NOT FANS. :angry2: If you look on Youtube, you'll see how she'll sign for the dealers all well and fine. But at this event, colder than the Antarctic.
And she was fine with people touching her. Celebrity's or dealers can touch her, but not fans, what is she trying to say ?

Then perhaps something WAS wrong but didnt want to upset fans thats why she came

• Like 1

Hmm, but then she didn't even bother smiling during the photoshoots. Nor did she really acknowledge anyone at the autograph table. So I think it dubious something was wrong. Perhaps it's that she realised she didn't really want to do the event and so in the end did so grudgingly.

Well I just watched the video and she had SELFIES with these people on their phones AND signed and I think I even saw her SMILE! I'm going to just be grateful for what I got because I got a half smile, there's no great chasm between us on the photo and she's not wearing huge dark glasses. But it's still really bad.

Having read through a lot of posts about her, other than obviously below par photo shoots (which may have been down to an injury) it sounds like she was like a lot of guests who have attended events and left fans divided in their opinions.

It sounds like she interacted with some people in her autograph queue, when others met her, she was trying to get through autographs quickly so didn't interact. Unfortunately this stuff happens with a lot of busy guests. When I got Matt Smith's autograph at a previous event, he didn't look up once and made no attempt to interact, others I presume got a hello or eye contact - I was quite gutted at the time, so believe me I know what a lot of you have gone through (not just with Matt tbh) but don't vilify Famke too much.

Edited by Toxie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4H_1D0Yhmc But she will happily sign for 'dealers' NOT FANS. :angry2: If you look on Youtube, you'll see how she'll sign for the dealers all well and fine. But at this event, colder than the Antarctic.

Then perhaps something WAS wrong but didnt want to upset fans thats why she came

Forgive my ignorance here, but when was this recorded? Was this on her return to the States after the event this weekend?

Forgive my ignorance here, but when was this recorded? Was this on her return to the States after the event this weekend?

No the vid was published on Jan 27 2016

Edited by squareroot2

While in that video she looked happier to sign for those dealers than at LFCC, her body language doesn't look comfortable with it.

She must have seen that was being filmed and that's why she was more willing. Much like at her talk when the cameras were filming.

On a side not now my diamond pass is falling apart. The plastic coating has lifted off!

I have not been in enough autograph queues for 'A' list celebrities to know whether it's the norm but anyway, I did get eye contact with her after I tried to engage in some conversation. She didn't really hear what I had said though, her mind not really in that gear I guess, so her response was basically.."oh, ahh, thank you" and then the pressure to move on was felt !

Was her demeanor the result of rib injury ? I doubt it because as many of those who attended her stage talk can attest, she moved freely and didn't really appear to be in any discomfort. Plus, her smiles there on stage were far more spontaneous and genuine, full on duchenne and not the fake kind (yep, we have the photographic evidence for that) she grimaced out in her photoshoots. (The vast majority of which I have seen posted online all appear almost identical in every case, both in pose and fake 'smile', so It is as though its a cardboard cutout people are posing with.)

So, I guess from those two experiences of her, it seems she is happy doing stage talks, she feels ok with those but by contrast is not really comfortable 'pressing the flesh' with fans in the more direct sense. (which is fine, some of us don't like that kind of contact) And has little to do with injured ribs or otherwise.

Contrast it with Mads and Michael a few seats further along, happily breaking the "no posed photos" rule posted on the board behind him, indulging fans with many a selfie etc:)

Edited by Taggle

To be fair she was probably the least fan friendly guest I've ever met in all the years I've been doing cons. She was a bit better at her autograph desk but I still felt awkward (probably the photo shoot was in the back of my mind). Had she smiled during my photo I would've been happy with it, but she didn't so I wasn't. I feel sorry for the people who had a big gap in between for their photos. I don't mind the no touching rule as long as I minimise the gap to make it less awkward. And as you can see I had no idea what to do with my arms to just put my hands in my back pockets ha!

13886981_10153538227041601_5673683358138

i think this is one of the better photo's, you look really happy, and your one of the few i have seen that has no gap, it is awkward not to know where to put your arm's, i'm pretty sure she has lost a few fan's from being the way she was.

• Like 1

I really regret paying for a photo with her, I understand not wanting to be touched, a lot of people don't like being touched, doesn't make them bad people, but a hello would have been nice, I brought a Kermit puppet before I the photo so I decided for a laugh to have Kermit in the photo too, when I saw her, she was looking at her phone and you can clearly see she does not want to be there, heck even the Showmasters staff seemed a little uncomfertable with her, the security just seemed a bit like of a bully to me, one of those guys that likes to show off how hard there are, he squeezed my hand with Kermit on seeing if there is anything inside, I understand checking, but he could have asked me to take it off so he can check, he bloody hurt too, I have incredible weak hands already didn't need some security squeezing my hand because I had a Muppet on there, heck Famke seemed more of a Muppet to me than Kermit, I can't remember what he said but I replied 'Yeah, it's just a puppet Baht' at that point I just stopped caring, I have never felt more uncomfortable with guest in my life, I even tried to be funny when I made Kermit smile, and after the photo I looked straight at Famke and said 'Ta Baht' and she never replied, she broke her rips not her vocal chords, I left to get my photo there was another fan there and he said it was a weird atmosphere, I looked at him and replied 'He searched Kermit' which looking back I kinda find funny, I think a few people got a chuckle out of that, The Showmasters staff was lovely there, I kind of felt sorry for them that they had to work there, it was a very bad atmosphere, it was like she looked down at everyone like she was better, she never smiled much in the photo either, well at least Kermit smiled, even after being violated :lol: The Showmasters said that Kermit was smiling, god bless them for trying to be positive, I'll appreciate that, when you look at the photos when they post it up just see the one with Kermit smiling, and you can see by my face I felt a bit of a Muppet myself with how much distance I was made to stand, Famke Janssen was defiantly the worst guest I have ever met, there was a lot of stuff I could have spent that £46 on instead, could have gotten the rest of The Muppets or a Zelda Monopoly, or those glowing Lightsabers, or an Autograph from Edge or Michelle Gomez, I have learned from that mistake and I strongly doubt she would come back again, although I'm lucky that only one Guest I've ever met was stuck up and every other person I met was a decent human being.

If anyone else had a nice time with her I'm happy for them but for me I never enjoyed meeting her.

Edited by ScottKPM

Sorry to hear that so many had bad experiences with her. While I feel bad I am glad that I could only afford the auto and not the photo. I went up for my auto on the Sunday and she was really sweet to me. I had chosen a Hansel & Gretel photo as there was no Bond ones left. We chatted a little bit about her costume in the film and she was really polite to me.

As someone who has had broken two ribs myself it is possible to have a full range of movement so the stretching is very possible. I had full range of movement with mine but it did hurt like hell. It really depends where the broken ribs are.

It is sad to hear that so many had poor experiences. I'm truly dismayed for you that did.

Edited by Legolassie Malfoy

I really regret paying for a photo with her, I understand not wanting to be touched, a lot of people don't like being touched, doesn't make them bad people, but a hello would have been nice, I brought a Kermit puppet before I the photo so I decided for a laugh to have Kermit in the photo too, when I saw her, she was looking at her phone and you can clearly see she does not want to be there, heck even the Showmasters staff seemed a little uncomfertable with her, the security just seemed a bit like of a bully to me, one of those guys that likes to show off how hard there are, he squeezed my hand with Kermit on seeing if there is anything inside, I understand checking, but he could have asked me to take it off so he can check, he bloody hurt too, I have incredible weak hands already didn't need some security squeezing my hand because I had a Muppet on there,

I'm actually quite surprised nobody that got "smacked" (squeezed in your case) raised any complaints, maybe it is my "Spanish blood" (lol, that's what my bf, who is scottish, says) but had I got smacked by her bodyguard or whatever, he would have heard from me and depending on how I felt I might have ended up taking further steps towards that. It would be fair enough if there would have been "no touching" signs at the autograph session, or if the crew had given a warning (I'm not blaming crew members here as I guess they didn't know/didn't think it was needed at the auto session), but since that's not the case, nothing gives the bodyguard any rights to touch anybody (let alone smack/squeeze) if the person hasn't even touched Famke (I read someone attempted to shake her hand but that was it, didn't actually touch it).

I'm sorry for you. That was really pathetic on that security guy's part. But now I'm really looking forward to seeing that Kermit photo! Got me curious with the smile lol

• Like 2

I really regret paying for a photo with her, I understand not wanting to be touched, a lot of people don't like being touched, doesn't make them bad people, but a hello would have been nice, I brought a Kermit puppet before I the photo so I decided for a laugh to have Kermit in the photo too, when I saw her, she was looking at her phone and you can clearly see she does not want to be there, heck even the Showmasters staff seemed a little uncomfertable with her, the security just seemed a bit like of a bully to me, one of those guys that likes to show off how hard there are, he squeezed my hand with Kermit on seeing if there is anything inside, I understand checking, but he could have asked me to take it off so he can check, he bloody hurt too, I have incredible weak hands already didn't need some security squeezing my hand because I had a Muppet on there, heck Famke seemed more of a Muppet to me than Kermit, I can't remember what he said but I replied 'Yeah, it's just a puppet Baht' at that point I just stopped caring, I have never felt more uncomfortable with guest in my life, I even tried to be funny when I made Kermit smile, and after the photo I looked straight at Famke and said 'Ta Baht' and she never replied, she broke her rips not her vocal chords, I left to get my photo there was another fan there and he said it was a weird atmosphere, I looked at him and replied 'He searched Kermit' which looking back I kinda find funny, I think a few people got a chuckle out of that, The Showmasters staff was lovely there, I kind of felt sorry for them that they had to work there, it was a very bad atmosphere, it was like she looked down at everyone like she was better, she never smiled much in the photo either, well at least Kermit smiled, even after being violated :lol: The Showmasters said that Kermit was smiling, god bless them for trying to be positive, I'll appreciate that, when you look at the photos when they post it up just see the one with Kermit smiling, and you can see by my face I felt a bit of a Muppet myself with how much distance I was made to stand, Famke Janssen was defiantly the worst guest I have ever met, there was a lot of stuff I could have spent that £46 on instead, could have gotten the rest of The Muppets or a Zelda Monopoly, or those glowing Lightsabers, or an Autograph from Edge or Michelle Gomez, I have learned from that mistake and I strongly doubt she would come back again, although I'm lucky that only one Guest I've ever met was stuck up and every other person I met was a decent human being.

If anyone else had a nice time with her I'm happy for them but for me I never enjoyed meeting her.

Sorry but what does "baht" mean?

Is that like "butt"?

• Like 1

I am so glad i didnt bother to get a photo or even an expensive diamond pass after hearing all these stories. It feels a bit like when I got my photo with Helen Slater. She stood still and and no touching but at least Helen Slater actually looked at me and said hi, how was your day? are you enjoying the comic con?. Also I am very curious to see the Kermit photo. Did Kermit touch her?

• Like 1

Is that like "butt"?

It's a welsh thing, like how people say mate or bro, in Wales a lot of us say Baht, why I do not know it just kinda stuck, not even sure what it means but I call almost everyone it.

• Like 1

Is that like "butt"?

It's a welsh thing, like how people say mate or bro, in Wales a lot of us say Baht, why I do not know it just kinda stuck, not even sure what it means but I call almost everyone it.

Ah I'm Welsh too - yes it's like "butt" then - sorry didn't recognise the way you spelt it.

Absolutely hilarious you said that to Famke!

I contacted Showmasters about the experience with her, and the security guard etc. They said to me that nobody else has contacted them, so if definitely recommend others with bad experiences to email them. In fact I got a very poor response, so please give them feedback as they said they don't look on these threads either!

• Like 1