Famke Janssen?

I was disappointed with the photo op I had. I wish I hadn't spent that money tbh. I completely understand and respect the no touching rule. Especially if she was in pain and overwhelmed by it all. But yeah, a little hi or at least look at the person coming would be nice. We all paid to meet her so a small smile or at least a little greeting would have made the experience more enjoyable. I agree with ElmStreetBoy, she felt like a wax figure.

Its kinda bizarre how poles apart peoples experiences seem to be. I'm more than happy to respect someones personal space, but I said hello to her and got flat out ignored. Not a word, she didn't even look at me. Yet she seems to have been personable with others. Odd. Maybe she didn't like the look of me lol.

It's often down to people's perspectives. I've had what I thought were dreadful experiences with guests, only to see people posting on here about the same guests claiming to have had a wonderful one, when really they probably had just as much (or as little) interaction as me.

I finally realised this when I was behind someone in a queue who basically rambled at a guest, who then looked up and said the word yes and that was the interaction in total. Later they reported this on the forum as a full blown conversation.

In my opinion the announcement of a no touching rule at a photo session is not consistent with the reasonable expectations of the fans. I would at least like the option of a handshake at every photoshoot as a minimum. If the guest is sitting down, each fan should be given the opportunity to do the same (as they were at the Rutger Hauer photo session).

Uh no. That's hugely over entitled. I don't like to shake hands. Plenty of actors don't. I've noticed that actors like Gillian Anderson for example usually poses clasping her own hands rather than putting her arm around someone. Sitting down/no touching is fine and clearly was necessary if Famke had hurt herself. It's just clearly Famke wasn't as warm as people were expectig during the shoot and her security were clearly overbearing.

• Like 1

I've noticed that actors like Gillian Anderson for example usually poses clasping her own hands rather than putting her arm around someone.

I've had Gillian's arm around me quite a few times ;) At one photoshoot she even pulled me back for a second pic lol.

• Like 2

My photo with Famke

Famke%20Janssen.jpg

I actually found it quite funny that the security guard felt it necessary to search my cloak, but that's just me. Oh well. I guess now I get to say I had a cloak search... not exactly something that happens every day lol!

• Like 1

I've noticed that actors like Gillian Anderson for example usually poses clasping her own hands rather than putting her arm around someone.

I've had Gillian's arm around me quite a few times ;) At one photoshoot she even pulled me back for a second pic lol.

One she did recently in Canada she was clasping her hands in pretty much every shot. But regardless its all about respecting actor's personal boundaries. I don't actually think the shots people have been posting here are that bad (the proposal photo is especially good) but they're v different to the norm.

One she did recently in Canada she was clasping her hands in pretty much every shot. But regardless its all about respecting actor's personal boundaries. I don't actually think the shots people have been posting here are that bad (the proposal photo is especially good) but they're v different to the norm.
There is an old saying, "the customer is always right". Most people would say that photos that are not "that bad" are not good enough. Showmasters' Photoshoots are usually excellent. This was not up to the high standards that have been set, and which were achieved at all the other shoots this time around. Edited by Apefan1

some people are saying that they had a great time meeting Famke and they don't know what all the fuss is about, well sorry but that's not fair, that is great that you got the experience you wanted but 90% of everyone that had paid there hard earned money to see Famke did not have a good experience with her and was left disappointed.

i had a cold reception at the autograph but a warm welcome at the photo shoot, at the signing it was just very awkward and there was no que and i just felt like i shouldn't even be standing in front of her. but on the other hand she walked past my before photo shoot and had a big grin on her face then when i went for photo she turned her head and said hello to me and when photo was taken she looked at me again and said bye, sadly she did not do this with most people.

so i got a warm and cold reception from Famke, and photo was somewhat ok, i feel bad for everyone who left upset over the meeting after all if you paid for photo and autograph that was £90, but just think ok you have met her but you also met some other great and friendly guests.

:smile::smile::clap::clap::dance::dance:

Fair enough but you can see just below the thread title he date of when it was created and on the very right it tells you when he last response was. All the threads on at least the first 3 pages have pretty much all been started in the last week or so ;)

All I want to say is that I paid money that I wouldn't have done if I had known that there was no touching or interaction. Broken rib or not, if she has made the effort to get to London (and all the money she would've got for it) then she could have at least acknowledged people when they said hello to her, or tried to smile in the photos.

I also had the smacked hand from the security guard and there was no mention of not being able to shake hands. Completely unacceptable. I didn't even get eye contact with either the auto or photo and have wasted money on this which isn't fair when it's so expensive.

Overall I had a fab experience, apart from one other rude celeb who swore, but I might as well have gone to have a photo with a wax model. I would've got closer to her that way!

• Like 3

To be honest, I think that these sorts of 'guests' shouldn't be at conventions. They should be there because they want to meet their fans. Interact with people they'd not normally get time to meet. Not to see it as an opportunity for 'easy money'. If they're coming with that sort of demeanor, quite frankly I'd rather not meet with them. Even Rutger who was charging less than Famke made everyone who came to see him feel important.

• Like 7

I'd still like a second chance to meet her, maybe I should have gone for her auto, I had a VQ ticket in the early 200's but decided against it after the photo op and the fact I'd paid for two and only got one. Didn't feel like paying even more.

Hopefully get another chance some day. She's still my fave.

I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt when I heard about the broken rib story, a fair enough case for a no touching policy.

HOWEVER, and this is MY OPINION...... I call Bulls*** on it. If you have broken a rib you don't walk around so easily or without showing some sort of discomfort or slight pain.

I was busy sitting on the floor near the end of the day on Sunday waiting for my photo shoot with Mads. Famke came walking past & a few excitable fans (As you get / do) started waving at her, they didn't try to approach her or anything like that, but as she went past, she was walking fine to me & didn't seem to be showing any signs of discomfort. She ignored all those waving, had her phone out & just kept her Head down playing on it as she walked past, no acknowledgment, no nothing, just an ignorant vibe. That right there made it glad to me I ended up not getting a photo or Auto with her as I feel it would have ben a waste of £90 for a disappointing experience.

Unfortunately for my mate who has been a fan of her since Golden Eye had a photo shoot with her, and had heard the comments coming out on his phone so was worrying about his experience. Even he as a huge fan felt awful afterwards & said this is a case of one time where the line "Sometimes you shouldn't meet your heroes / idols" was true.

He blinked on his first photo & he was happy to keep it as a funny thing to remember but they reshot it & because he knew how she was being from hearing everyone else's experiences & the miserable Face she's had on in more people's photos than Smiling (Yes I have seen some where she Smiled but it just seems so false with more of the negative comments seeming to be more of a true match of her) he didn't Smile for the reshoot & deliberately put on the most miserable Face he could for a laugh.

Way I see it, if she has genuinely broke a rib or was feeling hurt so close to this con, she should have either cancelled, or, knowing she was going to go ahead with appearing at least try to Fake her way through it as if she wanted to be there, but no, she flat out gave vibes off of not wanting to be there & it really showed / came across which is a shame. I mean, there's one photo up in the phot thread where the gentleman is looking into the camera & her Eyes are off looking elsewhere as if she's looking at someone in the queue or something, I mean, come on, even if you're going to be a bit off or whatever, look at the camera at least even if you're not going to crack a Smile.

• Like 3

Neither me nor my husband actually met her, but I'm not sure what too believe about the broken rib debate.

When I was queuing for an Auto with Harold Perrineau on Sunday, she was leaning back in her chair and stretching that part of the body where your ribs would lie. She was trying to talk to someone down the line I believe. I've never broken a rib, so I wouldn't like to say if this would have been possible for her to sit like that.........

I will say however that whilst we were still waiting, her queue line did close and when she got up to leave she did smile at us in the queue and my husband said she said hello.