Famke Janssen?

I enjoyed seeing her and glad she came. I wanted my name and her to put Jean Grey after her signature which she did. I would have liked to have a photo of her and shake her hand but she did give a little smile. I hope she comes again.

Autograph session was okay, just a shame i can't shake her hand being a big fan myself. Photoshoot was weird and uncomfortable, keep being watched by her bodyguard, so that left a flat feeling for me. Talk was the only best thing from the diamond pass because she was upbeat and happy to do this. My dream of meeting her has been a disappointment, it's a shame she appears to be anti social

You know, having read that earlier post about a death hoax timed for 11am Saturday, you have to wonder if that had some effect on her...

I was one of the first to meet her Saturday morning and that would have been 10.40 ish?

Like I say my interaction with her was great but if she found out about this hoax at 11am maybe that explains her demeanour during later autograph signings and the photoshoot? She may have been fearful that some sicko was going to make the hoax come true!

Sometimes you've got to put yourself in the celebrity's shoes - just because we've seen her in our favourite films and feel we know her, it's far from the case for her - especially when you have guys queuing for a photo with her holding replica guns and swords...

To those who feel they've been short changed in their meeting, these are sick times we live in and if this was the reason then I for one applaud Famke for seeing the day through!

To be fair she was probably the least fan friendly guest I've ever met in all the years I've been doing cons. She was a bit better at her autograph desk but I still felt awkward (probably the photo shoot was in the back of my mind). Had she smiled during my photo I would've been happy with it, but she didn't so I wasn't. I feel sorry for the people who had a big gap in between for their photos. I don't mind the no touching rule as long as I minimise the gap to make it less awkward. And as you can see I had no idea what to do with my arms to just put my hands in my back pockets ha!

13886981_10153538227041601_5673683358138

• Like 1

Hey - me again.

Just wondering aloud, could this have been what caused her to freak out a bit during the Saturday photoshoot? It was timed around 11am, just the right sort of window for her or her people to have seen it circulating between the morning autos and shoot, then react by going into immediate red alert mode:

http://en.mediamass.net/people/famke-janssen/deathhoax.html

I think I might have tracked down the number one suspect?

If I was her bodyguard and had seen the initial posts, I'd probably have frisked anyone dressed as the Punisher as well! :)

I don't think that could've been it. That article says the hoax happened at 11am ET. That's 3 in the afternoon British time. If she heard about it straight away, it wouldn't have been until mid afternoon

To be fair she was probably the least fan friendly guest I've ever met in all the years I've been doing cons. She was a bit better at her autograph desk but I still felt awkward (probably the photo shoot was in the back of my mind). Had she smiled during my photo I would've been happy with it, but she didn't so I wasn't. I feel sorry for the people who had a big gap in between for their photos. I don't mind the no touching rule as long as I minimise the gap to make it less awkward. And as you can see I had no idea what to do with my arms to just put my hands in my back pockets ha!

13886981_10153538227041601_5673683358138

I thought my photo was bad... I'm sorry to say I think you've topped it. :no:

• Like 1

You would think that, confronted with a photo like that and asked to sign it, on a basic human level you would feel compelled to go "Oh, sorry about that, I'm having a lousy day"... Though I guess when you're getting through hundreds of them in a day it's different.

After waiting all day for my photo op with Famke, it was disheartening to be told repeatedly that she is not a "touchy feely" person. I understand not all guests feel comfortable holding/hugging attendees but this point was being practically forced down your throat by EVERY staff member. The closer I got to the op and inside I had been told that many times, in some slightly threatening voices, how to act when I walk up to her, it kind of put me off even having the photo, scared in-case I do something wrong and thinking "well I'm so glad I paid all this money to just stand here like a lemon". I think in situations like this staff need to think about how they are wording things as I came away feeling slightly cheated of my photo op as it was so controlling. I had an auto with her earlier that day but still it would have been nice just to have been able to say hello to her again and smile at her without getting deathly glares from all the staff in the op.

I did write this ^ earlier in another thread but just wanted to say now that I wasn't aware that Famke had broken ribs and can understand why she was sat down at least for her photoshoots. I do feel really sorry for people though that had such a disappointing experience when getting her auto and then had a huge gap in-between on their photo ops. When I met her at her auto desk I said hello to her and she said hi back. She began signing my picture and I asked her if she was enjoying her day, she looked up and answered "yeah it's fun" and said good and asked her if she was going to be staying in London for a few days and if she would enjoying seeing London. She answered "yes i'll be here a day or so as I have 2 Sisters in town". I smiled at her answer and then had her photo thrusted at me from the guy sat next to her saying "Thank youuuu" in a bit of a eff off tone. After reading about a lot of other peoples experiences I have to say mine wasn't too bad.

13866605_10209929916194873_1724392706_n. I didn't know what to do with my arms so I went for an impromptu hand heart :P

I think it is a shame that some people felt they had a bad experience meeting Famke, but I am not so sure about some of the reasons that have been given in terms of not getting what they paid for. In my mind when paying for a photoshoot or an autograph, I am paying for just those things - a photo standing next to the guest, or their autograph on a picture or some other item.

If I get to shake hands, hug, speak to or interact with a guest during a photoshoot or autograph signing then I consider it a bonus gift that has been granted to me by that guest at that time. Yes it can make the experience much more satisfying if you get to do these things, but I am not going to take these things for granted, and just because one guest will be chatty and smiley and let you ask them loads of questions or take a selfie with them doesn't mean that they all will be.

I found that the photoshoot with Famke was fine - I said hello and she responded rather quietly, but the photo turned out pretty good as she had a nice polite smile. It wasn't a big cheesy grin, and we weren't hugging like best pals, but it is still a photo I will treasure as an experience of meeting one of my favourite Bond girls.

When I read somewhere in this thread that somebody was going to throw away their photo and autograph it made me feel quite sad that they would just chuck them away like that. If I got what I paid for but the experience wasn't the best in the world then I would still keep the photo and autograph even if they didn't get put on display. Or at least try to sell the autograph and spend the money on another guest next time around or maybe give it to charity. I certainly wouldn't just throw them away.

I think maybe we are spoilt by guests that give us more than the face value of the photoshoot/ autograph with little extras, and perhaps shouldn't expect every guest to interact in this way. After all they are all individuals and each guest should be treated as such, and their wishes should also be respected. (Also being told several times not to touch a guest by staff is probably their way to ensure that security doesn't wrestle you to the ground!)

• Like 1

I saw lots of posts on Facebook about her on Friday and Saturday.

I was waiting with my wife as she was getting Laurie Holden's autograph. Famke was the queue next to us. She was sitting there signing autographs and from what I saw her interaction was friendly and when was talking, joking and making lots of eye contact. She seems very good and just what I would expect from any guest.

She did look awkward in her photo shoot. I have no idea if any of the broken ribs thing was real or just a rumor going around. A shame for the people that got photos. I have no idea if she had jet lag as I know that can be horrid. I work night shifts so I spend most of my life feeling jet lagged. Oddly enough in its own way it is handy because if I do travel to America I can get over the jet lag in one sleep where as my wife takes almost a week to feel normal.

I think it is a shame that some people felt they had a bad experience meeting Famke, but I am not so sure about some of the reasons that have been given in terms of not getting what they paid for. In my mind when paying for a photoshoot or an autograph, I am paying for just those things - a photo standing next to the guest, or their autograph on a picture or some other item.

If I get to shake hands, hug, speak to or interact with a guest during a photoshoot or autograph signing then I consider it a bonus gift that has been granted to me by that guest at that time. Yes it can make the experience much more satisfying if you get to do these things, but I am not going to take these things for granted, and just because one guest will be chatty and smiley and let you ask them loads of questions or take a selfie with them doesn't mean that they all will be.

I found that the photoshoot with Famke was fine - I said hello and she responded rather quietly, but the photo turned out pretty good as she had a nice polite smile. It wasn't a big cheesy grin, and we weren't hugging like best pals, but it is still a photo I will treasure as an experience of meeting one of my favourite Bond girls.

When I read somewhere in this thread that somebody was going to throw away their photo and autograph it made me feel quite sad that they would just chuck them away like that. If I got what I paid for but the experience wasn't the best in the world then I would still keep the photo and autograph even if they didn't get put on display. Or at least try to sell the autograph and spend the money on another guest next time around or maybe give it to charity. I certainly wouldn't just throw them away.

I think maybe we are spoilt by guests that give us more than the face value of the photoshoot/ autograph with little extras, and perhaps shouldn't expect every guest to interact in this way. After all they are all individuals and each guest should be treated as such, and their wishes should also be respected. (Also being told several times not to touch a guest by staff is probably their way to ensure that security doesn't wrestle you to the ground!)

Wowdidnt realise whem other guests said hello in return to a normal courtesy geeting it was extra - i thought it was manners. Silly me ---- not. Sorry can't excuse her she was beyond rude.

Edited by Bing250
  • Like 4

As I have already mentioned, my autograph was thrown at me after I had been ignored trying to say a few words to Famke.

Being in pain does not excuse being rude. Forget the money paid. People should not treat others like that way. No matter who you are.

I will now being throwing the autographs myself.... In the bin. Along with the horrendous photo and Diamond pass.

I'll have it rather than the bin :angel::thumbup:

The photoshoot for me was rushed, and ive had similar before..saying that even I left the photoshoot, looked at the photo and went "wow..she looks happy to be there!" which is saying something..apparently though mine is one of the better shots!! Didnt get any reaction from her when I said Hi, and security practically tried to pull me out after the camera shutter had clicked!

But when I went for the auto later that day (after watching the VQ numbers being revised DOWN every few mins rather than up?!!), she did look at me and said hello, then I was shooed away..

I also could have sworn her VQ numbers on the board went from 200+ back down to around 100 at one point on the Saturday.

Maybe I won't be throwing it in the bin but it's not getting displayed either. Fair enough maybe she didn't hear me when I tried to talk to her but the throwing of the autograph was not on, and any excuses made won't make me feel different about that sadly.

I know how you feel about the security almost pulling you out of the photoshoot. As soon as the camera clicked i got a stern thank you from the security and I knew i needed to make a sharp exit. Not comfortable at all. Not everyone can get out the way quickly. I did expect to see him in the shot when I got my print.

I also could have sworn her VQ numbers on the board went from 200+ back down to around 100 at one point on the Saturday.

Maybe I won't be throwing it in the bin but it's not getting displayed either. Fair enough maybe she didn't hear me when I tried to talk to her but the throwing of the autograph was not on, and any excuses made won't make me feel different about that sadly.

I know how you feel about the security almost pulling you out of the photoshoot. As soon as the camera clicked i got a stern thank you from the security and I knew i needed to make a sharp exit. Not comfortable at all. Not everyone can get out the way quickly. I did expect to see him in the shot when I got my print.

They got up to 280 at one point..I had VQ 280, but she had gone off for photo/lunch/whatever, so was told come back later..fair enough..

I came back a good hour or two later (quite some time anyway) and it was on 260..err ok, Was told my number wasnt up, come back in 20 mins..so I went to meet Tobin Bell, and was in his queue for almost an hour (various reasons I believe why he was so slow) but anyway went back after another hour/hour and a half..and VQ was on 140?!!! They did let me through when I said id been waiting a few hours by then, only to keep getting sent away, as she didnt have much of a line, but was told a new crewmember had been putting the numbers up too fast..

Edited by crippsy_99

13901571_10210148703655752_5124232582517

As I mentioned early, I was in the midst of an Anxiety attack at the time the pic was taken so I don't really remember much about it. I remember being told no touching, I remember the kind gentleman on the queue letting me go slightly early to get it over with and I remember my Automatic Mode taking over and getting me through it despite my suicidal depression already kicking in.

As for the signing, I remember her being quiet and polite. Not the worst guest I've ever met by far (the worst never even looked up at me or acknowledged my presence in any way, she didn't even personalise which allowed me to sell the pic as it was a bad memory) but not the best - but then again, I wasn't expecting the best; I was expecting a human being and that's what I got. Not a rude one, a quiet one.

• Like 3

From what I've seen of the photos posted with Famke they don't look that bad to me. She might not have a big cheesy grin but not everyone smiles like that anyway. I have had photos with guests who look as if they are not smiling that much but then everyone is individual and have different personalities. Last year I had a photo with a guest that at first I was unhappy with because they didn't look as if they were smiling that much - in fact I thought they looked a bit grumpy. I probably would have asked for a reshoot but I had to dash to another photoshoot straight after.

Later on though I realised that it was just the guests way of smiling that made them look that way and I still will remember that moment as the chance I got to meet them if only very briefly. The photo is not going to be on display in a very prominent position though!

During photoshoots there isn't a lot of time for talking especially when staff rush you through quickly and can all be a bit stressful at times. Some guests might cope with this better than others especially if they have more experience of photoshoots. They are only human after all! Also some guests might not want to do much talking if they are not used to the experience and are feeling a bit uncomfortable.

As I said the photo I had with Famke was fine and she did respond to me saying hi though I can't remember what she said back! This was later on Sunday though so maybe she got more used to the process. I got my photo anyway so I got what I paid for - I feel it is a shame that some people didn't get what they expected but my opinion of her is not tarnished, and there were many people who had more positive experiences with her especially when getting her autograph so maybe that is what she was more comfortable with doing.

As I mentioned early, I was in the midst of an Anxiety attack at the time the pic was taken so I don't really remember much about it. I remember being told no touching, I remember the kind gentleman on the queue letting me go slightly early to get it over with and I remember my Automatic Mode taking over and getting me through it despite my suicidal depression already kicking in.

As for the signing, I remember her being quiet and polite. Not the worst guest I've ever met by far (the worst never even looked up at me or acknowledged my presence in any way, she didn't even personalise which allowed me to sell the pic as it was a bad memory) but not the best - but then again, I wasn't expecting the best; I was expecting a human being and that's what I got. Not a rude one, a quiet one.

That is a great photo - hopefully it is worth the anxiety you were feeling at the time! It just goes to show that you can respect a guests personal space and still get a great photo!

They got up to 280 at one point..I had VQ 280, but she had gone off for photo/lunch/whatever, so was told come back later..fair enough..

I came back a good hour or two later (quite some time anyway) and it was on 260..err ok, Was told my number wasnt up, come back in 20 mins..so I went to meet Tobin Bell, and was in his queue for almost an hour (various reasons I believe why he was so slow) but anyway went back after another hour/hour and a half..and VQ was on 140?!!! They did let me through when I said id been waiting a few hours by then, only to keep getting sent away, as she didnt have much of a line, but was told a new crewmember had been putting the numbers up too fast..

Thanks for explaining that. Thought I was going mad when I saw the numbers go backwards.

I remember her being on diamond 1- 30 for a while and then on 240 when I next checked, only for it to go back to 100 something.

Glad they finally let you in.

It was me that let you through the queue - glad you ended up with such a good pic and hope the rest of your day was fine :)

• Like 1

Famke does not tend to play "warm" characters on-screen and so I was not surprised by her off-screen personality.

In my opinion the announcement of a no touching rule at a photo session is not consistent with the reasonable expectations of the fans. I would at least like the option of a handshake at every photoshoot as a minimum. If the guest is sitting down, each fan should be given the opportunity to do the same (as they were at the Rutger Hauer photo session).

Edited by Apefan1

Famke tends does not tend to play "warm" characters on-screen and so I was not surprised by her off-screen personality.

In my opinion the announcement of a no touching rule at a photo session is not consistent with the reasonable expectations of the fans. I would at least like the option of a handshake at every photoshoot as a minimum. If the guest is sitting down, each fan should be given the opportunity to do the same (as they were at the Rutger Hauer photo session).

Whilst we all have our expectations we have to respect what the guest is comfortable with as well, therefore there really shouldn't, in my opinion, be any expectation of physical contact. If the guest is fine with touching and giving hugs then way hey go for it, but we should all. at the least, be prepared for that they might not want to.

I don't disagree about the chairs, if the guest is sitting, then it's nice to be at the same level.

• Like 1

Famke tends does not tend to play "warm" characters on-screen and so I was not surprised by her off-screen personality.

Whilst we all have our expectations we have to respect what the guest is comfortable with as well, therefore there really shouldn't, in my opinion, be any expectation of physical contact. If the guest is fine with touching and giving hugs then way hey go for it, but we should all. at the least, be prepared for that they might not want to.

I don't disagree about the chairs, if the guest is sitting, then it's nice to be at the same level.

I agree with the above.... although it is a shame she sat and didn't want to touch anyone I completely understand that.

I was just a little disappointed at the lack of warmth I received in my photo shoot, a smile or a Hi, how are you! Would of made all the difference for me.

Well a few days later I'm actually feeling a bit more relaxed about the whole thing. Actually it's not too terrible a picture and I guess she is almost smiling :blush: I am reminded of Bond's line just after he talks to Xenia in the casino early on in GoldenEye "The pleasure I'm sure was all mine!" :smile:

Untitled%20003a_zpsp8ybm63o.jpg

As I said earlier you live and you learn. In hindsight I got my two big guests the wrong way around. I got Michelle Gomez's autograph and a photo with Famke, I suspect if I'd reversed that decision I'd be a lot happier

• Like 1

I can honestly see this from both sides.

I am absolutely fine with the no touching rule as some people just don't like that sort of thing, and that should be respected. She is only human after all.

Photo-ops are always really rushed so it is hard to judge a person by those few seconds.

The positives I got was she looked at me as I approached, I said "hello", she smiled at me and said "hi". As I walked away I said "thank you" and she said "thanks" back. With a no touching rule in place this is about as good as you are going to get in a photo session.

In terms of the photos themselves, I do feel like many of them look awkward and cold and they unfortunately won't leave people with a warm feeling when they look at them in the future. I don't like mine. I feel like it looks as though she's trying to get away lol! But on the plus side, i'm not miles away from her and I did get half a smile out of her.

I do now wish that I would have got her autograph as i'm a big fan and would have liked to have gotten another experience with her to really form an opinion. This is probably my least favourite photo i've ever gotten at a convention which is a shame because, as I say, I was a big fan before the event and left a little disappointed. If she was ever to return, i'd probably try and get an autograph but I wouldn't use my money on a photo with her again...but that's just my opinion. Sorry for the essay ha!

13913778_1648194675494786_71662058635879