Sat 30th - Good things & Bad things

if you went upto the YALC the schedule was posted all around there as well but I agree they could have done more to highlight as it is not just those with YALC tickets who are interested in YALC. Most of the authors are only attending one day each - not sure why this is maybe so they can have as many different ones as possible,

I agree with you on the sound in the talk area I was diamond pass for Jeremy and I couldn't always hear very well.

YALC guests aren't paid for their time, they're there on a promotional basis to promote works they have coming out and will kindly sign for free so can't really expect them to be there all day.

Like you say by alternating more of them are able to attend

Edited by Talie

The stage lighting became an issue when halfway through Saturday the venue decided to close the blinds around the hall to make it darker! We then didn't have time to set up additional lighting between talks. It's difficult to level the roaming mics, however the sound guys do try to adjust them for each person.

The stage lighting became an issue when halfway through Saturday the venue decided to close the blinds around the hall to make it darker! We then didn't have time to set up additional lighting between talks. It's difficult to level the roaming mics, however the sound guys do try to adjust them for each person.

You boys need a compressor or two ^_^

Edited by Wrong Name

Were you never a Cub Scout? Always be prepared ;)

You boys need a compressor or two ^_^

Yep indeed we do!

Were you never a Cub Scout? Always be prepared ;)

We had enough lighting in a box backstage but not the amount of time we physically needed to set it up (and more importantly passed by the venue safety guys!)

What happened to the lighting during the Renner talk? I was getting great photos then it goes dark and someone puts that purple light in front of him!

The venue decided to close all of the blinds / shutters on the windows half way through the talk (we had no idea this was going to happen!) hence the "emergency" lighting.