Game of thrones talk queue.

I would really like to know what happened to it.

After everyone queued in a position in long lines to get a good seat waiting to be let it.

The lines started moving and then all of a sudden a mad charge from everyone in every line towards the entrance ignoring all the queues that we all had been put in.

This was very dangerous seeing one woman almost knocked to the floor from people running past her and kids getting picked up to make sure they didn't get swept away or injured.

If you were at the front what happened?

We had been waiting for about 40 minutes and were halfway down the hall.

In the queue there was constant talk of not enough seats for the fans there.

I'm guessing a few heard this and saw the chance that they might not get a seat- being in late lines and looping all the way back round to entrance = did they just matters into their own hands.

We were very lucky there has been no injuries reported or posted yet that people know of.

Has this set a precedent for future talks? or has this happened in the past?

Could it be understaffed in the talk hall today?

Starting to get different clientele attending events? that know the staff are volunteers with different powers to that of which the arena security of the venue have.

I'm very surprised nothing has been posted about it yet, was very close to being back in a football crown in the 80 ' s.

• Like 1

I was at the front... Yes it was insane lol. Miscommunication amongst volunteers led to two seperate queues being formed of non-diamond guests. And further mis-communication led to both queues starting to be let in at the same time, they then troed to stop one of the queues to let the other go first and... Well you can probably guess how that went down.

Then suddenly i cant explain it, was like SMs resolve just dissapeared! Extra staff appeared at the entrance, over ruled everything that had been said up to that point and basically said paper tickets give to me and go in.

= mad rush with queue no longer meaning anything

• Like 1

I was at the front... Yes it was insane lol. Miscommunication amongst volunteers led to two seperate queues being formed of non-diamond guests. And further mis-communication led to both queues starting to be let in at the same time, they then troed to stop one of the queues to let the other go first and... Well you can probably guess how that went down.

Then suddenly i cant explain it, was like SMs resolve just dissapeared! Extra staff appeared at the entrance, over ruled everything that had been said up to that point and basically said paper tickets give to me and go in.

= mad rush with queue no longer meaning anything

SM needs to look into this then, as if they can't implement the correct crowd safely control procedures they're going to put people in danger.

I really can't stress the amount of people I saw in distress at seeing a crowd of 100+ turn and run at them.

A few tempers were being tested by people protecting family members also.

I've no doubt there will be some sort of debrief over the situation that occurred I would hope.

This can't be allowed to be overlooked by SM as it a vital warning of what can happen if a crowd is not queued and controlled correctly.

I pray this is not allowed to happen again as some elderly or vulnerable people with certain condition or children could get seriously hurt.

Fist time I've experienced a mess like this at an SM event as the staff members are usually calm and in control of any situations I've seen arise in the past.

So here is the warning SM, I would listen and learn from it.

Edited by S.H.R.E.K

This was the only negative for me as I thoroughly enjoyed attending Friday and Saturday. I was originally near the front of what I thought was the queue. I then proceeded to ask a volunteer who instructed that I queue near Jeremy Renner. This left me extremely confused. Therefore, I asked another volunteer who then advised I need to queue under the Transformers sign and who quoted 'it will be a mad free for all'. I ended up just hanging back.

This was the only negative for me . I asked another volunteer who quoted 'it will be a mad free for all'. I ended up just hanging back.

Same here the only negative of the two days so far. Only other one is the way some people have spoken to the staff.

Same with us we had to hang back as some woman looked like she had a shortness of breath with her hands on her knees - she was alright after the rush had stopped and one large queue formed.

I did tell a member of staff on the way in to keep an eye on her but she only seemed interested in taking my printed ticket off me and getting me in as quick as she could.

Can't tell you how much that worries me that you say he/she knew it would be a mad free for all.

Maybe they were just referring to getting a seat once inside the area? I can't believe that they would willingly turn a perfectly fine set up queue system into one mass charge of people towards the entrance.

Away from that major incident I don't think staff have been helped out with the layout very much where they've chosen to put the green screen / thrones chair etc for the event.

Edited by S.H.R.E.K

It was terrible. The queue had done a zig zag and come back on itself so that the back of the queue was right next to me, when it started moving the lady next to me (at the back of the queue) just turned and started walking with me as did everyone else. I really dont understand whats wrong with people.

I just gave up and sat at the back.

• Like 2

I totally agree with all the comments above even though i had a diamond pass and went in first the queuing system was - well it wasn't a system really as it? I really felt for those who had turned up first and ended up getting in at the back.

To be fair the talk itself wasn't the experience i was expecting. The majority of the guests for most of the time didn't really have much to say for themselves which i thought was a bit bad considering fans had paid £25 for them to give one word answers and pass the mic on. :(

I really dont understand whats wrong with people.

I just gave up and sat at the back.

I fully agree nothing boils my blood more than the look after number one attitude.

If everyone was civilised the staff wouldn't of had a problem on the day.

That's why I put 90% of the blame on all the plonkers in the queue and only 10% on staff as you have to be fully prepared and plan for them also.

In fact just have venue security there from now on to help monitor and eject them as they know staff have very little power unfortunately.

Edited by S.H.R.E.K
  • Like 1