Steven Berkoff

Think judge summed up my experience

bhcp_zpssqcg3ou2.jpg

I'm still very happy with mine! Even a bad experience is an experience! Ive personally had a few dissatisfying experiences with guests but I know others had enjoyable experiences with the same guests. Ultimately you are paying to meet a human being unfortunately some turn out to be grumpy self centred spoilt and rude, that's life! Chalk it up to experience and move on! He is already getting more time spent on discussing him than he deserves! He needs his fans more than his fans need him!

i cant stand my photo with him its horrific in all honesty. why talk him into this??? should have let him cancel...but then SM eould lose money I guess.... but its okay for us to pay for a crap photo and I agree as previously said no matter what SM say they are still bound by normal rules/laws regarding providing services/products fit for purpose and fit for purpose. only thing my photo is good for is the bin!!! and they will say should have said at time to reshoot etc yeah we try that and get nowhere.

I'm not saying this to start an argument as I really can see both sides, but legally I think it wouldn't be as straightforward as that as you have purchased a photoshoot, and got a photoshoot with said guest, the happiness, approach ability and friendlyness of the guest was never a part of the deal so from a legal standpoint they have provided what they advertised.

This might be true, but the smart business would be not to alienate customers over peanuts. I have, in 15 years of going to cons, NEVER heard of a guest having to be talked into a photoshoot ON THE DAY. That said, I can see setting precedence being dangerous.

It's quite a pickle, but atleast from a customer standpoint, the only way to directly impact it, is by voting with your wallet. Showmasters are definitely not the only game in town. :)