Steven Berkoff

Just my two pence on the 'dealer' subject. What annoys me more is their hypocrisy. One of them has said to me 'I'm not a dealer' when they clearly are. They tell me that in respect to a big star at the theater such as Kevin Spacey that 'the dealers f****d for everyone else'. They should burn in hell'. Something about on a previous evening they had all been pushing, shoving, jumping on each other to get to him. I dislike them for the very facts that have been mentioned here previously, they're the ones whom mess it up for everyone else.

• Like 1

Absolutely right. Take Timothy Dalton for example. I hear he won't sign anything Bond, simply because he hates the fact that the dealer detritus make big money from him. Chances are any signed Dalton photos as Bond you see are fake as a consequence...

• Like 1

My last word on this matter, in respect to the 'crews' being placed at the front of the queue. Most of them were dealers and it was when I was in the queue for Ian McDiarmid that at first one of them managed to 'push in' front of me. I was asked if I minded and I said no. (My own fault as I wasn't paying enough attention at the time) but then another one came along shortly after. So no wonder those who had been queuing got a little 'miffed' to put it politely about the situation. If this was to happen to me again, I would refuse to allow someone regardless of who they are to skip the queue. I may even kick up a fuss about the whole matter, until they join the back of the queue. Not really fair on those who've been in the queue already waiting ages. Just my final two pence on the matter.

My last word on this matter, in respect to the 'crews' being placed at the front of the queue. Most of them were dealers and it was when I was in the queue for Ian McDiarmid that at first one of them managed to 'push in' front of me. I was asked if I minded and I said no. (My own fault as I wasn't paying enough attention at the time) but then another one came along shortly after. So no wonder those who had been queuing got a little 'miffed' to put it politely about the situation. If this was to happen to me again, I would refuse to allow someone regardless of who they are to skip the queue. I may even kick up a fuss about the whole matter, until they join the back of the queue. Not really fair on those who've been in the queue already waiting ages. Just my final two pence on the matter.

If you encounter a crew member with multiple items they are handling the autograph pre-order Service. There's always a number of them going around in lines.

If you encounter a crew member with multiple items they are handling the autograph pre-order Service. There's always a number of them going around in lines.

I for one had the pleasure of doing this. I had at one point about 6 photos in my hands to get signed by A, B and C lets say.

What people don't realise with us crew is we often have to be at certain places as soon as we finish what you see us doing so literally have a spare 10 minutes between X and Y to get this stuff done so often we are placed at the front to allow the regular con goers who can't attend their auto they have already paid for.

We don't want to "push in" to stop you guys getting them and apologies if it looks this way but its not intentional

Ahhh, the "D" word, I have no time for dealers and these parasites are ruining it/in so many cases, HAVE ruined it for Fans.

Was in 2011 I had the honour of meeting Mr. Oz briefly at the Stage Door, there was just me and another chap, at that point he came in the front way, a few days previous I had bought the Star Wars bluray and he was good enough to sign it/personalise, he also signed my Muppet Show Book and Season 2 & 3 DVD, he personalised all four items, was very kind to me even to the point of worrying about the ink rubbing off one of my dvds, he agreed to pose for a pic as well - it was one of the greatest moments in my life.

Fast forward a week or so later when nightmares started surfacing about dealers shoving piles and piles of 10x8s under his nose, a good friend of mine whom only had Little Shop of Horrors on her for him to sign missed out - a FAN missed out due to the dealers.

At the Larry Crowne prem later that year (I as a fan very much was looking forward to Mr. Hanks signing my Big DVD) he turned up didnt sign where I was and people around me started booing him, you dont boo someone just because they dont sign for you, nor do you boo someone who turns up late to an event it just smacks of inconsideration.

Have seen stars in their cars being chased down streets by flipping dealers, and its not a pleasant site to see.

I think the worst case of the damage the dealers do was something a good friend told to me a few weeks back, she is a very respectful, sweet, well mannered, thoroughly polite young lady who had gone to the Star Trek prem, Chris Pine wouldnt sign for her as he foolishly mistook her for being a dealer so clearly due to the actions of dealers a FAN missed out.

As ​MURPH ​has stated Gillian Anderson was called an unmentionable word, this I heard of, as I also heard that Alex Kingston was also called that a few years back - seriously, what is wrong with these people?

Yep, ​IEEERR I​ recently experienced the "BLEEPING FANS" comment when waiting for a very well known actor from a dealer- I had a ticket to see this actors show and very much appreciate what hes brought to the small/then big screen.

If I recall there were a ton of dealers at LFCC 2014 and they'd all got Stan Lee before us FANS - many missed out due to them.

But no, I'm no fan of dealers I never have been and never will be

I hear Hanks pretty much doesn't sign....or very stubborn.

Absolutely right. Take Timothy Dalton for example. I hear he won't sign anything Bond, simply because he hates the fact that the dealer detritus make big money from him. Chances are any signed Dalton photos as Bond you see are fake as a consequence...

Most Dalton signed Bond photos are fake.......

Some actors don't sign fanmail anymore so I'm happy to have de Niro's and Walkens resumes in my collection.

Anyone had any word about refunds for his photoshoot?

No one has been in the Office yesterday, People are only getting back today at the earliest.

I can't make any promises about refunds being given though. That someone got autograph vouchers at the Show is kind of unusual. I can understand why someone would be unhappy about a Picture like this. But if they start doing this regularly there'll be a line around the venue trying to get refunds because someone doesn't like the Expression on their face. There's way too many People abusing such things nowadays. :(

right, i have big a problem with this comment. as far as i'm concerned, if someone's paid money for a product [photo] and entered into a paid transaction with you, if it's not of satisfactory quality/fit for purpose [ie, display proudly] then they are entitled to a refund. REFUND, not some "autograph voucher" cop-out. statutory rights/consumer rights cover this and putting some of your own caveats in the blurb doesn't override the Law. people pay a LOT of money for a photo in some cases, and the fact that some are so bad that one guy has actually just torn it up is simply unacceptable. that comment about not liking an expression is a very sly form of sneering insult as far as i'm concerned - those photos should be "fit for purpose" and if someone doesn't think it's acceptable then at the VERY LEAST they should get another try. you're damn right someone should complain if they don't like a miserable-looking guest who's ruined the event for them - why should you pocket the money and leave them with a ruined bitter experience - or no product at all, if the thing was so bad they'd rather rip it up? If we'd ordered a book in advance and when we got it the print was blurry or such, would you try the same brush-off? it is NOT abusing, and i'm really unimpressed you're trying to play that card; how are they abusing if they hand the pic back and get a refund? if they KEPT the pic and got a refund, you might have a point, beyond that the punter has had a wasted trip and a downer of an experience, so what exactly is it you're saying they're abusing?

related to this is the commentary about him having to be actively pleaded with to do a shoot - don't these guests have a contract with you? People pay a lot of money and travel huge distances for a pic/auto and guests shouldn't be allowed to pull a strop like this on a whim - i fell victim to this a few years back when Val Kilmer just decided to no-show, and afer costs and several hundred miles of travel, i wasn't impressed. sickness should be the only excuse not to do what was agreed.

• Like 2

Yes, there is a contract. But what exactly do you expect SM to do? Same in the case of cancellations. If they sue for breach of contract - which I am pretty sure they could - this has negative impacts on potential new guest announcements. 99.999 percent of the times all is well though and this isn't even needed. The only reasonable thing that can be done is not get this guest to another event again.

You are trying to make me determine the line for refunds which I can't and won't. I've explained myself pretty clearly I think. It is not my decision to make. That is what I tried to explain, I don't know what you mean about caveats? Sorry for posting my own opinion with some explanations.

If there is am easy to determine issue like closed eyes etc. then yes of course, you are getting a reshoot. It has always been this way. Most of the time the crew will even send you through by default. But if a guest generally isn't smiley hugey like Jeremy Renner no one really can force them to change their personality. "Displaying proudly" is a really subjective thing. I got a picture taken at a theme park with my friends and me wearing all silly hats which I display very proudly. My own sister on the other hand would not be caught with a picture like that even in an album.

As to my comments about abuse: I did not say anything that asking for a refund in this situation now is abuse. I have no idea how you could get that, sorry.

But I have heard more than once recommendations to "blink on purpose" for popular guests to get to go through another time for example. James Marsters comes to mind in particular. That is what I was referring to, and I one hundred percent stand to that comment. I am not the only one to experience this.That is abuse in my eyes. And going by that experience I am absolutely convinced that there is a number of people who would demand a refund for some reason to save the money, and then later download the JPEG from the website for much less. Due to the amount of photos not every single one of the unsuitable ones is deleted. Could save you a ton of money.

Yes, there is a contract. But what exactly do you expect SM to do? Same in the case of cancellations. If they sue for breach of contract - which I am pretty sure they could - this has negative impacts on potential new guest announcements. 99.999 percent of the times all is well though and this isn't even needed. The only reasonable thing that can be done is not get this guest to another event again.

You are trying to make me determine the line for refunds which I can't and won't. I've explained myself pretty clearly I think. It is not my decision to make. That is what I tried to explain, I don't know what you mean about caveats? Sorry for posting my own opinion with some explanations.

If there is am easy to determine issue like closed eyes etc. then yes of course, you are getting a reshoot. It has always been this way. Most of the time the crew will even send you through by default. But if a guest generally isn't smiley hugey like Jeremy Renner no one really can force them to change their personality.

As to my comments about abuse: I did not say anything that asking for a refund in this situation now is abuse. I have no idea how you could get that, sorry.

But I have heard more than once recommendations to "blink on purpose" for popular guests to get to go through another time for example. James Marsters comes to mind in particular. That is what I was referring to, and I one hundred percent stand to that comment. I am not the only one to experience this.That is abuse in my eyes. And going by that experience I am absolutely convinced that there is a number of people who would demand a refund for some reason to save the money, and then later download the JPEG from the website for much less. Due to the amount of photos not every single one of the unsuitable ones is deleted. Could save you a ton of money.

QS trust me on this, no one who had a photo with Berkoff would ever abuse getting a refund only to download the JPEG later on. The way we were all collectively made to feel like schmucks who ruin his view is enough for us to want to forget this sorry event ever took place...

It just sticks in my craw that I've paid him hard earned money to effectively defecate all over me...

I've done what I can guys, seriously. I've explained my view and the potential background which apparently does not seem acceptable for some. All that is left for me to do now is to suggest contacting the office. We're just getting in continued repeats of the same posts now. I can't make any decision like I said and I really can't help any further than what I tried.

i cant stand my photo with him its horrific in all honesty. why talk him into this??? should have let him cancel...but then SM eould lose money I guess.... but its okay for us to pay for a crap photo and I agree as previously said no matter what SM say they are still bound by normal rules/laws regarding providing services/products fit for purpose and fit for purpose. only thing my photo is good for is the bin!!! and they will say should have said at time to reshoot etc yeah we try that and get nowhere.

i have and hetting messed about...trying to say as I took photo then nothing can do.

emailed back saying tried to disxuss at lfcc but got nowhere so what else was i meant to do....waiting on reply. told them i want refund NOT vouchers!!!

i cant stand my photo with him its horrific in all honesty. why talk him into this??? should have let him cancel...but then SM eould lose money I guess.... but its okay for us to pay for a crap photo and I agree as previously said no matter what SM say they are still bound by normal rules/laws regarding providing services/products fit for purpose and fit for purpose. only thing my photo is good for is the bin!!! and they will say should have said at time to reshoot etc yeah we try that and get nowhere.

I'm not saying this to start an argument as I really can see both sides, but legally I think it wouldn't be as straightforward as that as you have purchased a photoshoot, and got a photoshoot with said guest, the happiness, approach ability and friendlyness of the guest was never a part of the deal so from a legal standpoint they have provided what they advertised.

• Like 1

I'm not saying this to start an argument as I really can see both sides, but legally I think it wouldn't be as straightforward as that as you have purchased a photoshoot, and got a photoshoot with said guest, the happiness, approach ability and friendlyness of the guest was never a part of the deal so from a legal standpoint they have provided what they advertised.

they knew the photos would be poor but they spend ages talking him into as they knew they'd lose money..... so this way its us that lose out...... not good enough in my opinion. and on back of quality of photos they were in no way near previous standards. they need better photographers and they are responsible for that

not good enough in my opinion. and on back of quality of photos they were in no way near previous standards. they need better photographers and they are responsible for that

hmmm. i seem to recall quite a few comments about the quality and blurriness of photos on last year too, was it the same photographers this time?