Steven Berkoff

Three words to sum up my experience with him ......... AN UTTER DISGRACE !

I was that annoyed I demanded a refund after the photoshoot at the sales desk and was given autograph vouchers to the value.

If you can't be bothered to meet your fans then don't turn up SIMPLES.

Edited by Bingo Boy
  • Like 3

Three words to sum up my experience with him ......... AN UTTER DISGRACE !

I was that annoyed I demanded a refund after the photoshoot at the sales desk and was given autograph vouchers to the value.

I ripped my photo up in disgust after collecting it - it looked so crap, otherwise I would post it here!

Do you think I should ask for a refund too?

• Like 2

I've met Steven Berkoff twice. Once at the Entertainment and Media show in 2012 and on Saturday. The first time I found him to have a bad attitude and I rate him as 2nd worse guest I've met. I have heard from people who have worked for with him on set that he has a bad reputation there too. I met him again on Saturday to get a Octopussy photo. Steven shook my hand twice, wrote the characters name and answered what it was like to work on. The second encounter was much better.

In fairness Steven is 78 now and if he wasn't well, we can understand the attitude. Personally I would of preferred a Beverly Hills Cop photo shoot with just Taggart and Rosewood which is more fitting than adding Steven or Bronson.

This says it all really. In the world of seeking autographs and meeting people you admire this comment hits the nail on the head. Someone mentioned the event being like a 'zoo'. I see it as a two way thing. To be honest, if they're coming to the event as for them it's 'free money' then they're coming with the wrong motive. Also I've heard that he can be a bit of a miserable individual.

• Like 1

Anyone had any word about refunds for his photoshoot?

No one has been in the Office yesterday, People are only getting back today at the earliest.

I can't make any promises about refunds being given though. That someone got autograph vouchers at the Show is kind of unusual. I can understand why someone would be unhappy about a Picture like this. But if they start doing this regularly there'll be a line around the venue trying to get refunds because someone doesn't like the Expression on their face. There's way too many People abusing such things nowadays. :(

Can I also ask that People watch their wording a little? It is understandable that you are unhappy, but name calling doesn't have a place here.

No one has been in the Office yesterday, People are only getting back today at the earliest.

I can't make any promises about refunds being given though. That someone got autograph vouchers at the Show is kind of unusual. I can understand why someone would be unhappy about a Picture like this. But if they start doing this regularly there'll be a line around the venue trying to get refunds because someone doesn't like the Expression on their face. There's way too many People abusing such things nowadays. :(

Can I also ask that People watch their wording a little? It is understandable that you are unhappy, but name calling doesn't have a place here.

QS I understand about not opening the floodgates for people to abuse getting a refund but in all my years attending cons (quite a few) these circumstances are exceptional.

We were all stood outside the photo area and the shoot was delayed, word slowly got around that a guy was in there talking Steven into doing the shoot. I peered through to see a chap actively persuading Steven, who was acting like a petulant child. A few minutes later a red shirt comes out and says Steven will only do the shoot if there is no talking to him, no touching (even inadvertently) and if this happens he will terminate the shoot.

You can imagine by now that the majority of people waiting were not in the mood for a photo, either fearful, angered or bemused by his behaviour.

To then go in to find the seats were a good foot apart and the resultant photo was rushed was for me the final straw and I ripped it up in disgust.

I then read comments that he was pulling faces at attendees in the shoot, for all I know I was one of them.

I know we should watch what we say but as someone remarked earlier this was an absolute disgrace.

I would welcome not only a refund but an official comment from SM about this, as I'm sure would many.

• Like 2

Diabolik, nothing was wrong with your Posts and as you see the wording was not touched. The issue was not everyone was wording their disappointment like you. Bursting into a string of F words isn't going to do any good, and some others have done that.

I have put this on my list of "things that came up on the Forum" which I will be forwarding to the Office once normal operations resumed again.

Diabolik, nothing was wrong with your Posts and as you see the wording was not touched. The issue was not everyone was wording their disappointment like you. Bursting into a string of F words isn't going to do any good, and some others have done that.

I have put this on my list of "things that came up on the Forum" which I will be forwarding to the Office once normal operations resumed again.

Ok thanks QS - you are a star!

As I understand it you weren't at the show and I just wanted to give you a flavour of just how bad this was!

I'm reading the comments about Famke Janssen's photoshoot, yes it was a bit impersonal but aren't all busy guest shoots. But Steven's was just a whole different ball game...

To actually be made to feel that you are worthless by someone and then pose for a photo next to them (someone you'd previously admired might I add) -a photo you paid good money for, well, words fail me...

You are right though, no need for F bombs people...

I think this is normal behaviour for Berkoff, I remember my drama tutor telling me unrepeatable horror stories of his behaviour on stage when we were studying his plays.

I don't have personal experience as I was too much of a coward to approach him. But it seems hes an amazing director and writer, just not a nice guy

• Like 1

Thanks Queen Sindel. I hope refunds will be favourable through eventbright for all attendees who attended this photoshoot. It was not a very good experience.

I've seen the Pictures posted here, I totally understand where you are coming from. I probably shouldn't be saying this as a mod, but Judge Reinhold does have a Point with his personalisation.

And personally my first thought on seeing that personalisation was 'if the other guests are saying it as well!............' it says it all.

• Like 1