Well Done Showmasters.

Well Day two has come and gone, I would like to say to SM well done.. so far..

Praises...

Queuing inside the building and being scanned as we get stacked is a big thumbs (or Hooves up in my case) which means once the crew let us in, then your inside the event within minutes... I remember those long snakey queues of a few years ago.. lets hope they will be a thing of the past.

Well done for all photo shoots on the same floor with the guests, it was so easy to get around the last two days compered to last year... you really did listen to your fans.

Quality of photos are really good crystal clear and very sharp.. Well done SM

Now.. your not getting away with all good praises... I went to get an Autograph which cost £15 and handed over two £10 vouchers.. I had already started to talking to the guest as the guest started to speak to me.. I was then told by the crew member they had no £5 voucher to give me back... the crew member then just sat there looking at me? The guest asked the crew member maybe you could give him a fiver back... The crew member said no... There was a very uncomfortable silence until i said, don't worry about the £5.. Not very good SM.. otherwise a great show.

Many thanks

The Shows only true and Original Camel :smile:

• Like 1

The vouchers are a nightmare. I bought £200 of them for Christmas. All cool expect they all came in £20 values, and yeah some folks will give change and others will abject refuse. I have tried explaining - even the vouchers have "treat as cash" printed on them - but just ends up being a waste of time. Been having trouble using them as I tend to be the £15 value guest. Anyway, a lesson for the future. I doubt I'll buy them again.

Back on topic. I enjoyed my day. Further proved to myself that as someone who doesn't do photos, the gold pass is certainly something I will never need - all the VQ tickets I needed, I got - and I had my 14 autographs done by about half one. That included queuing up for about half an hour to get a sketch done by the fantastic Carlos Ezquerra.

I thought a good job by SM (past the voucher issues). Only small niggle is that although it was cool having the GOT guests in the same area for ease, it perhaps wasn't wise having them on opposite sides of the aisle. By the time you had queues forming on both sides and meeting in the middle you were just cutting off all access.

So yeah, much better than last year.

Look forward to Winter con. Whenever that is announced.

Edited by mckee74
  • Like 1

The vouchers are a nightmare. I bought £200 of them for Christmas. All cool expect they all came in £20 values, and yeah some folks will give change and others will abject refuse. I have tried explaining - even the vouchers have "treat as cash" printed on them - but just ends up being a waste of time. Been having trouble using them as I tend to be the £15 value guest. Anyway, a lesson for the future. I doubt I'll buy them again.

Back on topic. I enjoyed my day. Further proved to myself that as someone who doesn't do photos, the gold pass is certainly something I will never need - all the VQ tickets I needed, I got - and I had my 14 autographs done by about half one. That included queuing up for about half an hour to get a sketch done by the fantastic Carlos Ezquerra.

I thought a good job by SM (past the voucher issues). Only small niggle is that although it was cool having the GOT guests in the same area for ease, it perhaps wasn't wise having them on opposite sides of the aisle. By the time you had queues forming on both sides and meeting in the middle you were just cutting off all access.

Not just the GOT peeps. Where Michael and Mads were you had the same issue.

Just got back today. What a great event. So much better experience than last years. All the guests on one floor, all the traders on the ground floor. Loading bay used instead of queuing outside. Easy access between the floors. All the guests I met were great. I have also got my mate into collecting autographs now as well when previously he had no interest. I reckon he will be hooked now lol. The only negative for me was I wish there was a seating area in the chill out areas. Overall by far the best Showmasters event I have been to. Well done SM thanks for a great day!

Edited by Tony1975
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Only small niggle is that although it was cool having the GOT guests in the same area for ease, it perhaps wasn't wise having them on opposite sides of the aisle. By the time you had queues forming on both sides and meeting in the middle you were just cutting off all access.

Some of these guests have been shuffled around slightly for tomorrow to try to mitigate this issue. (Still in same general area just in places where we can direct queues not to clash)

Praises...

Queuing inside the building and being scanned as we get stacked is a big thumbs (or Hooves up in my case) which means once the crew let us in, then your inside the event within minutes... I remember those long snakey queues of a few years ago.. lets hope they will be a thing of the past.

Well done for all photo shoots on the same floor with the guests, it was so easy to get around the last two days compered to last year... you really did listen to your fans.

Now.. your not getting away with all good praises... I went to get an Autograph which cost £15 and handed over two £10 vouchers.. I had already started to talking to the guest as the guest started to speak to me.. I was then told by the crew member they had no £5 voucher to give me back... the crew member then just sat there looking at me? The guest asked the crew member maybe you could give him a fiver back... The crew member said no... There was a very uncomfortable silence until i said, don't worry about the £5.. Not very good SM.. otherwise a great show.

Many thanks

Could I be nosey and ask who the guest was?

Praises...

Many thanks

Could I be nosey and ask who the guest was?

I'm soooo glad that Showmasters have finally nailed this event!! The last 2 years have been an absolute farce and I was very very close to sacking it off for the first time in 10 years! Really glad I didn't though as it was spot on this year! Lessons have finally been learned and now I cannot wait until next year! Well done!