Paid Talks watching for FREE!

Amazing day today but felt a bit sorry for all those who paid for a Jeremy Renner talk at £21 as so many people were sat in the back of the hall or in the Game of Thrones talk "queue" watching and listening for free. Bit unfair for those who paid! The stewards came and moved people along but it was basically like herding cats (as soon as one group was moved away another one took their place). One steward said only game of thrones talk people were allowed to sit in the hall and said he would check tickets but this was an empty threat. Again same man said that anyone standing around watching without a ticket would be made to pay for one.. Again another empty threat. Didn't personally pay for the talk but heard and saw most of it from the Thrones queue. Anyone else feel the same?

TL;DR- people watching Jeremy Renner talk for free when other people had to pay £21= unfair!

P.S anyone else experience the mayhem of the GoT "queue"?

Are you talking about the hold the door group photo session? That was a bit of a mess as people all over place no proper queueing. I had to tell the girl attempting to sort the queue into some semblance of order how the different passes/batches worked/meant

I am not sure where the lines were formed, but completely cutting off the noise is impossible - never mind bearing the complaints we usually get about the bad speakers all the line probably heard was that a talk was going on actually.

I have forwarded these comments like the others. There seem to have been some misunderstandings today which should be sorted tomorrow.

I was in the Game of Thrones queue and it was absolute mayhem. No direction at all. It formed like a Y shape. Then when it was time to go in, everyone just walked to the entrance in like a big group.

Im really sorry about the talk :-( if it helps a crew member did say that we'd have to pay to watch it. But we were just stuck in that one place not daring to move. I didnt watch the JR talk and I couldn't really hear him anyway. Though I also couldn't really hear the Game of Thrones people either.

• Like 2

I was in the Game of Thrones queue and it was absolute mayhem. No direction at all. It formed like a Y shape. Then when it was time to go in, everyone just walked to the entrance in like a big group.

Im really sorry about the talk :-( if it helps a crew member did say that we'd have to pay to watch it. But we were just stuck in that one place not daring to move. I didnt watch the JR talk and I couldn't really hear him anyway. Though I also couldn't really hear the Game of Thrones people either.

That must have been after the diamond guests had settled in to their seats as Diamonds had few minutes before the rest came in.

Someone needs to make a simple video game, like a Space Invader ripoff, to give people a proper sense of what it was like for those crew members trying to cover five entry points and turn away/catch anyone who tried to enter paid talks for free. :)

I ended up helping them out a little bit while waiting for a talk!

Hopefully next time the area is secured with barriers. I don't blame the "intruders", the fact that some talks were free and the open nature of the stage area meant that many passer-bys simply assumed it was okay to sit and take part. Just about everyone who was informed otherwise took the telling off very well and just wandered away, I don't recall seeing anyone get fed up and protest after the situation was explained.

You can rest assured anyone that paid for a talk got their money's worth. I had got all my signatures etc and whilst waiting for the Lost talk thought I might eavesdrop on the Mads Mikkelsen talk. Although you could hear some of it most of it could not be made out that clearly to the point where it was a waste of time I think for anyone trying to get away with a freebie.

I had paid for the Lost and Tobin Bell talks and had no regrets at all as the sound in the actual talk area was excellent ( something else Showmasters are to be congratulated on for rectifying after previous years problems etc ).

I was stood at the back chasing people away - (all of whom were great about it especially when I explained it was a paid talk) and I couldn't hear what was being said so to be fair - yes you could see the guest on the stage but you couldn't hear them!

I was waiting for Mads' talk and Dolph was doing his. Even standing in the queue area it was very hard to hear things clearly. You could make out some parts but then not others.