Kim Coates appreciation thread!

Firstly - Kim was fricking awesome. he's the reason i came this year, and drove 5 hours through the night cos the last minute addition meant all decent flights were gone. he was amazing with the fans and really funny. he even thanked someone in front of me for getting a siggy for someone who couldn't attend.

Secondly - what's this about a Kim talk? there's nothing listed on the Tickets page, and i'm really annoyed that i've missed something like this as i would've signed up in a heartbeat. >:-(

ha! i may have been the person he thanked.

Kim is definitely one of the best guests ive met.

he's number 1 favourite non-walking dead guest and is in my top 5 favourite guests of all time (that ive met)

• Like 1

Firstly - Kim was fricking awesome. he's the reason i came this year, and drove 5 hours through the night cos the last minute addition meant all decent flights were gone. he was amazing with the fans and really funny. he even thanked someone in front of me for getting a siggy for someone who couldn't attend.

Secondly - what's this about a Kim talk? there's nothing listed on the Tickets page, and i'm really annoyed that i've missed something like this as i would've signed up in a heartbeat. >:-(

The talk was listed on the schedule , it's was free so no tickets required, such a shame you missed it as it was a great talk, really insightful - he got really emotional at one point when talking about his last scenes with Venus on Sons. Such an amazing guy and I hope he comes back again! Edited by walkerbait

Loved him, my mum and I had 3 pics with him, one each and one together. He just took control, directing us and the photographer and made it fun and funny. He even checked the photographers camera after to make sure our shots came out well. Total pro and nice as can be, would meet him again in a heartbeat if you bring him back.

• Like 1

Kim was amazing, made all the more amusing with Zonky pretty much yelling "Kim" when he made his way across the floor. Zonky then almost died as he posed with the little doll with her. He was so down to earth and probably one of the best guests I have ever met.

Found it amusing in the photoshoot as Kim got told off for taking too long with guests. We also got told off for not bunching up and laughing too much XD

His talk at the end of the day was fantastic as well. So funny and insightful.

I'm in love 😍

The most fantastic guest to meet, he remembered me over all 3 days, even when I went in disguise on the Sunday and I still can't believe he asked to get a selfie of the two of us on his phone then tweeted the god damn picture stopping the photoshoot later on in the day to show me!!!!

• Like 1

Me and my wife had a photo & autograph with him. What a fantastic bloke he is! Absolutely love this guy, he went completely above & beyond , my wife is in a wheelchair but for the photo she was determined to stand with him, well he came rushing over to help me support her to walk the short distance over to him put his arm around her & said 'don't worry baby girl I got ya'😄 & then she ended up getting two photos as he wasn't quite happy with the first one! I believe he did that with a lot of people? Then came the autograph as we walked up he shouted 'there's my baby girl'! Obviously recognising my wife from the earlier photo we'd managed to pick up an soa frame from one of the vendors & we put my wife's picture in it( I also had a photo with him but she looks great in pictures me not so much 😄) Kim signed the frame & we got in to a conversation about how we'd managed to get the picture framed so quickly he also signed two additional pictures, one for me one for my wife & told me to take a picture of him & my wife together holding the signed picture frame! I shook his hand we had a conversation about soa & some of his films & then left but not before he'd showed the frame to the next person in the queue behind us! Just an unbelievable guest absolutely made our day

Edited by mike1981

Mr Coates is an absolute legend in my opinion. I had a fantastic experience in both his photo shoot and Autograph areas and would not hesitate to spend my hard earned cash on meeting him again! His talk was great and I am so pleased to have met such a cool guest from a show I admire so much. SAMCRO forever!!!!!

Firstly, strolling over to his queue. standing there in his leather jacket, jeans......it wasn't Kim, it was Tigs!! He just embodded the character in every possible way. Which was awesome.

Absolutely wonderful guy to meet, shook my hand, had a little chat, when he saw my SOA poster, his face lit up and he said how he loved this poster and it's so easy to sign. Then, sorry Jason, sorry showmasters, I just happened to say how much I also loved his character in Waterworld, it is the highlight of the film for me. At that point, he asked what my name was, grabbed the pic of that character signed it and handed it over, despite my questioning "are you sure" etc. First time I'm ever gotten a free auto from a guest, entirely unexpected and hugely appreciated. Kim has smashed his way into my top 5 guests ever.

He was one of the first guests I met on Friday. Im usually shy but his infectious energy calmed me down and similiar to others I told him my aunt was a huge fan of SOA so he asked her name signs a picture and hands it to me, saying make sure she gets it :)

We need him back next year or another show this year

I hadn't planned on meeting him this weekend but with the stories of how great he was coming from just about everyone I spoke to, I went and got an auto with him and they were spot on! Just so lovely with everyone that met him and even tried to keep the queue entertained at the same time! Really pleased I changed my mind.

Absolutely brilliant guest. He was taking ages with everyone in the autograph queue and happily taking desk photos with everyone. I chatted to him about Prison Break and got a hug.

And then in the photo shoot he remembered my name, which I thought was seriously impressive and made sure I had a lovely photo, getting it taken twice as he wasn't happy with the first one.

His talk was a lot of fun and his genuine appreciation for his fans was wonderful, I hope he comes back in future years, cause he ended up being pretty much my favourite guest!

ha! i may have been the person he thanked.

were you in real early? we were laughing cos he signed the other pic "Where were you?!" :-D