Photos Thread

CoofkDuWEAElt4x.jpg

Epic queue selfie outside of Dominic Monaghan's afternoon session on Saturday :)

I love this one. A bunch of people who never met before, and possibly never will again, united only by their love of fictional stories and admiration for someone who plays pretend for a living, looking like they're having the time of their lives.

This is what conventions are all about. I wish I could print it on a foam cluebat, so I can bonk people on the head when they put down our hobby.

• Like 7

PhotoGrid_1470122363973_zps39hdorib.jpg

Had to share this with you guys. But just realised 2016 is the year i got to meet the 2 Dolph's. Whoop.

You must be having a horrible crisis of conscious for the Smackdown main event at Summerslam huh?

Haha yeah! I like dolph but still unsure why they put him as the main contender. Ambrose all the way always

• Like 1

CoofkDuWEAElt4x.jpg

Epic queue selfie outside of Dominic Monaghan's afternoon session on Saturday :)

I love this one. A bunch of people who never met before, and possibly never will again, united only by their love of fictional stories and admiration for someone who plays pretend for a living, looking like they're having the time of their lives.

This is what conventions are all about. I wish I could print it on a foam cluebat, so I can bonk people on the head when they put down our hobby.

Couldn't agree more. Met so many lovely people. All sharing a love for cool geeky things. Will probably not see many again but it was good to meet them, share stories and have a good time.

Been part of the geek world for over 25 years and not regretted it once. Some of my best friends I have met through cons and I wouldn't change them for the world.

• Like 1

Legolassie Malfoy, on 04 Aug 2016 - 7:11 PM, said:

Tourniquet, on 31 Jul 2016 - 10:58 PM, said:

Big post, sorry. Cosplay up first

DSCN0067.jpg

DSCN0069.jpg

Thank you ever so much for taking our pictures. My friend Simon is the blond guy and I'm the Lady Hawkeye with my friends,Sam and Paul as Daredevil and Elektra.

I'll be posting a selection of my photos as soon as my photobucket behaves.

Great photos everyone.

That's awesome. I thought you looked familiar from other photos! My friend was so excited to see a Hawkeye cosplay.

Also Simon's is the best Constantine cosplay I've seen, the cigarette was a nice touch

Hi I'm the Elektra, was just wondering if you minded me "stealing" this picture to post on my page, with full credit of course. I'd be posting it on this page http://www.facebook.com/NaurarwenCosplay

SMD1984, thank you. For Flickr, go to chosen photo. Click 'share' tab then go to 'bbcode' option. Copy+paste generated copy in the box and it should appear.

Thank you Legolassie for your help, it worked like a treat and I really like that you can choose the size of the picture as well.

naurarwen_fangorn, on 09 Aug 2016 - 12:58 AM, said:

Tourniquet, on 04 Aug 2016 - 10:22 PM, said:

Legolassie Malfoy, on 04 Aug 2016 - 7:11 PM, said:Legolassie Malfoy, on 04 Aug 2016 - 7:11 PM, said:

Tourniquet, on 31 Jul 2016 - 10:58 PM, said:Tourniquet, on 31 Jul 2016 - 10:58 PM, said:

Big post, sorry. Cosplay up first

DSCN0069.jpg

Thank you ever so much for taking our pictures. My friend Simon is the blond guy and I'm the Lady Hawkeye with my friends,Sam and Paul as Daredevil and Elektra.

I'll be posting a selection of my photos as soon as my photobucket behaves.

Great photos everyone.

That's awesome. I thought you looked familiar from other photos! My friend was so excited to see a Hawkeye cosplay.

Also Simon's is the best Constantine cosplay I've seen, the cigarette was a nice touch

Hi I'm the Elektra, was just wondering if you minded me "stealing" this picture to post on my page, with full credit of course. I'd be posting it on this page http://www.facebook.com/NaurarwenCosplay

Yeah, that's absolutely fine.

Here's a link to slightly better quality version: https://www.sendspace.com/file/cy5zpy

Was looking at your Facebook and there were some amazing cosplays there, I especially like your Scarlet Witch - she's my favourite superhero

I hope very very soon.

Hopefully the actual digital files off the camera this year, not much smaller versions so they upload a fraction of a second quicker. Broadband speeds are fast, no need to lower quality of images these days for upload. Pleaaassseee!

My Micheal J Fox shot last year the digital file was the size of a stamp! Argghh.

IMG_20160730_101428_zps8dncvi4a.jpg

And here you're all "Nyah nyah, I'm getting strangled by Hannibal, die with envy!" :thumbup:

I haven't washed my neck since!

great pic but damn, that's some tan Mads has! he wandered past the Rutger desk on Sat, i didn't think he looked that brown!

"I haven't washed my neck since!" ....hmm, i guess you're not trying to pull his hand away then!....it does look like you're thinking "tighter! TIGHTER!" :-D

• Like 1

And here you're all "Nyah nyah, I'm getting strangled by Hannibal, die with envy!" :thumbup:

Funny you say that - I haven't washed at all since a hug from Rose Leslie at LFCC 15....

So that's what that smell is!

No, no, that was me. I'm just a bit gassy tonight... ;-)

Funny you say that - I haven't washed at all since a hug from Rose Leslie at LFCC 15....

So that's what that smell is!

I made the switch from 48-hour antiperspirant to 8,760-hour antiperspirant. Didn't think anyone would notice....

SMD1984, thank you. For Flickr, go to chosen photo. Click 'share' tab then go to 'bbcode' option. Copy+paste generated copy in the box and it should appear.

Thank you Legolassie for your help, it worked like a treat and I really like that you can choose the size of the picture as well.

You're welcome. Glad I could help.

This is my favourite picture ever. It's my wallpaper now and I threw James Marsters away.

14067945_10155127593893452_7573305807670

Poor James. Usurped by an Avenger.

Don't blame you though. It is an awesome photo.

Mine are now framed. My parents also have a copy of my second one as think it is a really beautiful shot. Made me a little happy teary as they have never asked for a copy of any of my photoshoot pics before.

Edited by Legolassie Malfoy
  • Like 1

Legolassie, well James was my walpaper since November so it was time to change it. Plus come on it's an Avenger! The only one I ever met. Unfortunately my parents don't want any copies of my pics, but I think I will send them some anyway :D

This year's pics are the best one of all the cons (except the one with Mads). I think it's because I am more relaxed and started to be less afraid to pose and ask them for hug or something. Plus I was really honestly happy and I think you can easily say that.

• Like 2

Fair enough, Rory. I think James wouldn't mind ;). So true. Only Avenger I've met as well. Had so many misses trying to meet the guy so my photos with Jeremy are now my faves.

Always good to be relaxed and happy. So happy for you that you got great photos. Definitely over the moon with mine. ^_^

Well i wasn't even going to go but then after having the time of my life i was like so happy. Still have great memories and still smiling when i think of Jeremy holding my hand :D *fangirl mode on*

Likewise. I cancelled out of going for health and fiancial reasons. Plus, last year's put me off. If it hadn't been for incredible friends and family who kindly gifted me my passes and costs I wouldn't have been able to make it.

(Yes, my friends are going to get sick of me relaying this story but I won't stop today xD xD)

I had nearly a third heart failure at the beginning of the year (I have a chronic heart condition). Recovery was slow so my earnings prior to the event were crap. I reluctantly pulled out of the event then a week later Jeremy was announced. Knowing that I have tried to meet him for some time my friends and family arranged for me to go as a surprise. I was stunned, over the moon and because of that it really showed in my photographs.

Never going to forget having 95% of my body smooshed up against his. We may not have got to say much but the photos, hugs and auto was so epically worth it. Never going to stop thanking my friends either even though they are now probably sick of me doing so, lol.

Edited by Legolassie Malfoy
  • Like 2