Gold pass included photo shoot update

I actually had a use for the photo shoot vouchers. Surely it would be better to receive a voucher that can either be used for a photo or a talk and have it as the pass holders decision which they use as this change means that I have to try and find time in my schedule to attend talks or let the voucher go to waste and then I have to pay for the photo shoots that I was using the vouchers for.

Here's a thought.

If I used the two £10 photo vouchers towards two £10 guests, then you're not gaining anything.

At the moment I have no photoshoots booked for LFCC at all.

However, if you let me use my £10 photo vouchers towards more expensive people then i'd definitely use them. I'd put the two £10 photo vouchers towards Jack Gleeson and i'd pay the remaining £15. That way you'd be gaining £15. However, as it's not an option i'm not doing that, so you're not gaining that £15.

The same could happen with autographs.

I considered meeting Mads, but decided against it because of the price.

However, if you let me use the £10 autograph vouchers towards a more expensive guest, then i'd use them to meet Mads. I'd put the two £10 auto vouchers towards him and then I would pay the remaining £20. You'd be gaining £20. However, as I can't do that, i'm not meeting Mads.

The same could happen with an even more expensive guest. Like someone may decide to meet Jeremy if they could put the two £10 auto vouchers towards him, and they'd be paying the remaining £45, rather than not meeting him and not paying £45.

I'm not meaning to be awkward. I'm sure you can justify your decisions. However, I think time needs to be taken to think about the features of a gold pass and how they can be used so as to be beneficial and worthwhile.

A more worthwhile and better gold pass would mean more gold pass sales which means more money and a better event.

• Like 3

I want to keep the photo vouchers. You can just change your terms the day before the event. I have a diamond pass for the only talk I want - you are now taking away the photos and giving me something worthless?

Your gold pass is becoming a joke and I won't be buying one again. Stop trying to pretend you are doing people a favour with this change.

The only genuinely decent option is to include £10 vouchers we can use on anything.

Not happy.

• Like 4

I want to keep the photo vouchers. You can just change your terms the day before the event. I have a diamond pass for the only talk I want - you are now taking away the photos and giving me something worthless?

Your gold pass is becoming a joke and I won't be buying one again. Stop trying to pretend you are doing people a favour with this change.

The only genuinely decent option is to include £10 vouchers we can use on anything.

Not happy.

Totally agree.

Not happy.

Totally agree.

The problem with this would be that some people have been collecting their gold packs since 4pm, so to change it again would just cause chaos everywhere among customers, volunteers helping to run the event, SM and probably more besides.

Doesn't really affect me as there were no £10 guests I was interested in and I'm hoping to get diamond pass guests with low VQ numbers so will have no time for talks.

I would prefer vouchers that could be used against other things but inderstand SM's stance here.

I agree with the consensus that the Gold pass really does need to be re-looked at going forwards. I agree that the £10 restriction is a bit daft and that really it should be used for offsetting against any autograph price. Fortunately for me, there are a few £10 guests that I do want to meet. However as not everyone is in the same boat, by making the £10 voucher able to be offset against signature prices, makes everything a more even playing field. Just sayin....

I think it would have been better to allow people to combine the vouchers for more expensive autographs and photos rather than remove the photo option altogether and then review the Gold Pass for next year. I had no intention of going to any talks other than 2 which I have Diamond Passes for and I do have 2 £10 photo shoots I want to attend and now have to pay extra for. I have quite a busy schedule so may not be able to take time out to attend other talks.

Well i will be making sure to definately use all of mine no matter what even if i need to use it for a guest i necessarily wouldnt want as damn sure gonna use them if paying for them but this needs re thinking for next year!!!

If you are referring to the free photos that you get with the Gold Pass you are not getting them anymore. That's what this thread refers to. Showmasters have decided to give everybody with a Gold Pass 2 free diamond pass talk vouchers instead. If you are referring to photos you have booked then you print your ticket and hand it in at the photo area when you go in.

Seen this asked but didnt see answer..... if wanted can the tickets still be used for photo for £10 guest rather than talk..after all this is what I purchased?

They have said no, they are now talk tickets and not photo.

Thanks. Cant say I am happy.. poor customer service and in all honesty the terms and conditions have been changed since purchase so really dont see how that stance can be taken and trust me I will look into it.