Gold pass included photo shoot update

• Showmasters Admin

The gold pass includes two £10 guest photo shoots.

As the more astute of you will have noticed we don't have many £10 guests doing photo shoots.

So instead we will be giving you vouchers for you, the gold pass holder, to go to two individual diamond pass talks of your choice (excluding the BIG Game of Thrones talk).

So simply put you get to go to two diamond pass talks for free!

The vouchers can only be used by the gold pass holder. There is no need to go to the sales desk you can just turn up to the talk of your choice with your voucher.

These vouchers will be given to you along with your £5 prop voucher and your two £10 guest autograph vouchers when you collect your wristband.

I have had a look and there are very very few, so really no benefit of these vouchers to most in all honesty. My husband is getting Bonnies but as she is sat only even she is excluded.

I appreciate the decision but really do feel it needs another look at.

That's not great for me. I've got all the diamond passes and doubt I will make all of the talks anyway as some clash with photo shoots that only occur once in the day (I need to double check following the schedule update).

Could these be an either the diamond talk or a photo (accepting the options are limited).

It would also help if for photos you could just hand in the voucher. Exchanging for a photo ticket wasn't a great experience last year.

Is there no chance of us be able to use the two £10 photo vouchers for a guest who costs more than £10?

I don't really see how it makes much difference who they are used on, and I don't go to talks so at the moment I'll basically just have wasted £20.

Hi. Can we not use the two £10 photo shoot tokens for a £20 photo shoot instead of a talk?

No, otherwise it would have been mentioned. Strictly speaking the vouchers have now been turned into talk vouchers.

Is there no chance of us be able to use the two £10 photo vouchers for a guest who costs more than £10?

I don't really see how it makes much difference who they are used on, and I don't go to talks so at the moment I'll basically just have wasted £20.

Totally agree. Seems like done just to add something on gold pass info to make you think getting something when really to most they are useless.

Only bemefit to me and dont get me wrong its a fab one is queues.

Seems like these decisions which really dont make any difference.. i mean really what difference between using it on 10 guest or a 25 and paying difference.... just annoy those that have paid the most money and makes me rethink future purchases.

Hi. Can we not use the two £10 photo shoot tokens for a £20 photo shoot instead of a talk?

No, otherwise it would have been mentioned. Strictly speaking the vouchers have now been turned into talk vouchers.

I just don't see how it makes any difference what so ever whether it is used on a £10 guest or on a £20 guest and the difference is paid.

The gold pass seems to be rapidly decreasing in value as the only benefit nowadays seems to be the ability to queue whenever.

I've been to 10 Showmasters events and have never been to a single talk.

I know this is my own personal choice, but it appears from the comments that some other people also don't attend talks.

I'm only getting the two £10 autographs because of the vouchers (i wouldn't be meeting the guests if it wasn't for the vouchers) and I won't be using the photo/talk vouchers.

I know this is just my opinion. The vouchers may be great for other people. However, SM need to consider the usefulness of them. This is now the second year where the rules have been changed for the photo vouchers because of the lack of £10 guests.

In the future I think SM need to consider scrapping the autograph and photo/talk vouchers and lowering the cost of the gold pass.

• Like 2

Is it not possible in light of the low number of £10 guests to also remove the Saturday restriction. I am planning on using one of my vouchers for a photo with Kae Alexander but as she is only doing a 5 minute session each day and her Friday one is already sold out then her Sunday one could prove very popular.

Totally agree i feel these decisions are poorly thought out with no regard or appreciation for what people spend at these events. In all honestly between gold passes for both me and hubby and 2 diamond passes each plus numerous photots and auto and flight and hotel stay.i am scared to count how much spent and i dont mind as i love these events but these decisons by SM on such a small thing doesnt make sense.

I've been to 10 Showmasters events and have never been to a single talk.

I know this is my own personal choice, but it appears from the comments that some other people also don't attend talks.

I'm only getting the two £10 autographs because of the vouchers (i wouldn't be meeting the guests if it wasn't for the vouchers) and I won't be using the photo/talk vouchers.

I know this is just my opinion. The vouchers may be great for other people. However, SM need to consider the usefulness of them. This is now the second year where the rules have been changed for the photo vouchers because of the lack of £10 guests.

In the future I think SM need to consider scrapping the autograph and photo/talk vouchers and lowering the cost of the gold pass.

Yes would make sense

Is it not possible in light of the low number of £10 guests to also remove the Saturday restriction. I am planning on using one of my vouchers for a photo with Kae Alexander but as she is only doing a 5 minute session each day and her Friday one is already sold out then her Sunday one could prove very popular.

You will be receiving talk vouchers and no photo vouchers now.

There's no point trying to change things now but it would be great if you guys could seriously review the Gold Pass perks next year. The 10 guest auto thing is ridiculous. Either make it 10 off any auto or just drop it and reduce the price of pass. It's a nothing extra. Nobody really wants/uses it as there is not enough people of interest to use it on. The 10 photo is the same for me. As pointed out, most will miss them anyways as they clash with other things. That can't be helped as it's the nature of the show but, at least let people trade them as part payment at the desk for a shoot or auto they want. Have a great weekend anyways guys! Thanks to the Mods for all the help and patience.

• Like 2

I have had a gold pass for every LFCC since 2006 and the value of them continues to be diminished. It used to cost £175 and that included around 5-10 pre-signed photos from a genre of your choice as well as being able to join the queue for every guest in attendance, be able attend all talks, they were also limited in number. Now for £250 you can't join the all the lines, you are not given the collection of pre-signed photos, you can't go to all talks, you are given x2 £10 vouchers for £10 guests to only be used on specific days and now vouchers for two talks which people may not have any interest in.

• Like 1

I have had a gold pass for every LFCC since 2006 and the value of them continues to be diminished. It used to cost £175 and that included around 5-10 pre-signed photos from a genre of your choice as well as being able to join the queue for every guest in attendance, be able attend all talks, they were also limited in number. Now for £250 you can't join the all the lines, you are not given the collection of pre-signed photos, you can't go to all talks, you are given x2 £10 vouchers for £10 guests to only be used on specific days and now vouchers for two talks which people may not have any interest in.

I wish I didn't know about what used to be 😔