Getting comic signed

OK, so this year I'm getting 3 comics signed by the artists, and I'm facing a bit of a dilemma on where to get them signed. Should I ask the artist to sign the first page inside the cover, or find a nice big picture in the comic and get them to sign there? The best option would be to get the cover signed, however these are not the cover artists, just the comic artists, so it doesn't really make sense to have them sign the cover. Any suggestions?

Maybe I am not the best one to answer, but if I were you, I would not make them sign the cover except if you have something to protect your comics afterwards.

Signatures on covers are subject to stuff (from bad weather to being partially erased by things in your bags or again something else) especially if they're done with markers which don't dry at the moment...

And then, if they are not the cover artist, it's one more reason not to have them on the cover I guess ^^

Maybe I am not the best one to answer, but if I were you, I would not make them sign the cover except if you have something to protect your comics afterwards.

Signatures on covers are subject to stuff (from bad weather to being partially erased by things in your bags or again something else) especially if they're done with markers which don't dry at the moment...

And then, if they are not the cover artist, it's one more reason not to have them on the cover I guess ^^

Well, same as autos on posters and 8x10's as long as you let them dry and have them in an acid free cover there's no reason not to get the cover signed. I've had covers signed before and they are still ok. Just make sure you have a suitable receptacle to carry them in.

Well, same as autos on posters and 8x10's as long as you let them dry and have them in an acid free cover there's no reason not to get the cover signed. I've had covers signed before and they are still ok. Just make sure you have a suitable receptacle to carry them in.

Yeah, one of my first auto' ever from Catherine Tate and David Tennant was a little bit erased because it was a rush after the theater play and I keep telling myself after years that it would have not happened if I had my program signed inside... :( but this time I bought a binder with plastic bags inside :)

It's not quite the same thing, but when I get theatre programme signed, sometimes I just ask them where they want to sign! Often it starts a conversation, "where's the BIGGEST picture of me, I look hideous!" And one time, they'd used an actors understudy for the picture instead of him, so he just said "I'M GOING TO SIGN RIGHT ACROSS HIS FACE, THE B*STARD"

Thanks guys! I think I will not get the cover signed, since I don't want to display the comic and as ChwaerFace pointed out it can get worn. I think I will go for the page inside the cover.

The wearing issue only really happens when items are put away too quickly and inappropriately. As long as you give them a moment to dry and put them in something protective, be it a folder, Ultra Pro page, binder, then they are ok. They just need to be kept from rubbing but that's the same with all signed items.

Minimum storage requirement would be bagging and boarding, then stored somewhere cool, dry and not exposed to direct light. You also have the option of sending them to be slabbed if you want them really protected and preserved.

You also have the option of sending them to be slabbed if you want them really protected and preserved.

Wha.... :huh: ?

It's what they do when you get your comic graded. It's a protective plastic case that can't be opened basically.

Yep that :)