Costumes!

Mighty Mo

Hehehe a CHICKEN!!!

Chickens are good! At least, there must be some running round in Rohan....or maybe Gondor....I could go for full out armored Mordor Chicken with sword-slashing action....

*hmmmmmmm*

Yay!!!!!! Chickens taste nice - so if I saw you running round in Gondor/Rohan I might have to eat you. Sorry in advance.

No offence taken, you can eat me if you really get hungry, but I'm sure with places like Costa Coffee and 'Lets Eat' not to mention Marks and Sparks....couldn't you try and er....leave me as a last resort? :firedevil:

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stitching swede freehand is also tough but leather.....you must be mad ;)

The elven dress I have is purple velvet with organza sleeves and the beading took her 9 hours apparently....I don't have the patience so I admire anyone who does have the patience although saying that, I did handsew my entire Frodo costume and three of the other Fellowship cloaks.... :firedevil:

My dad is so cheeky...he just suggested I go as Gizmo next time! :o

I am mad, indeed...

I have tried suede too and it happens to make these lovely little dents in your thumb...I still refuse to use a thimble....

Beading those dresses....yes, I understand that, I made my mum a replica of the Rose dress on the Titanic where she falls off the back of the boat....the red and black one absolutely covered with beads. It took me from September to get it ready for Christmas!

I was making hobbit costumes freehand too, before people started saying.....would you like to borrow my sewing machine? I just can't get on with them...despite owning three now :wub:

Gizmo would be cool!!! I would love to see a Gizmo trying to get through the crowd!

Stitching swede freehand is also tough but leather.....you must be mad  ;)

The elven dress I have is purple velvet with organza sleeves and the beading took her 9 hours apparently....I don't have the patience so I admire anyone who does have the patience although saying that, I did handsew my entire Frodo costume and three of the other Fellowship cloaks.... :rolleyes:

My dad is so cheeky...he just suggested I go as Gizmo next time!  :lol:

I am mad, indeed...

I have tried suede too and it happens to make these lovely little dents in your thumb...I still refuse to use a thimble....

Beading those dresses....yes, I understand that, I made my mum a replica of the Rose dress on the Titanic where she falls off the back of the boat....the red and black one absolutely covered with beads. It took me from September to get it ready for Christmas!

I was making hobbit costumes freehand too, before people started saying.....would you like to borrow my sewing machine? I just can't get on with them...despite owning three now :lol:

Gizmo would be cool!!! I would love to see a Gizmo trying to get through the crowd!

Oh wow!!! you sound really talented at making dresses!!!! :lol:

Wish I had that talent, I would love to make Arwen's dresses, they are really pretty! :P

Hee hee i'm making the elrond armor for tff in august (sorry if that is naughty posting another event that is) and so far i have the trousers cloak, skirt and sash, and i've now started my hip armor and have done the templates for my chest plate so i should be done by the 28th of august.lol if not i'm gonna scream and cry then carry on over the weekend till i can wear it at least one of the days. :rolleyes:

Hee hee i'm making the elrond armor for tff in august (sorry if that is naughty posting another event that is) and so far i have the trousers cloak, skirt and sash, and i've now started my hip armor and have done the templates for my chest plate so i should be done by the 28th of august.lol if not i'm gonna scream and cry then carry on over the weekend till i can wear it at least one of the days. :rolleyes:

Oh wow!!, I am going too, might see you there in all of your costume, wear it on sat because we are going then!! :lol:

Dont think I can get costume organised for then though :lol:

Stitching swede freehand is also tough but leather.....you must be mad  ;)

The elven dress I have is purple velvet with organza sleeves and the beading took her 9 hours apparently....I don't have the patience so I admire anyone who does have the patience although saying that, I did handsew my entire Frodo costume and three of the other Fellowship cloaks.... :rolleyes:

My dad is so cheeky...he just suggested I go as Gizmo next time!  :P

I am mad, indeed...

I was making hobbit costumes freehand too, before people started saying.....would you like to borrow my sewing machine? I just can't get on with them...despite owning three now :lol:

Wish I had that talent, I would love to make Arwen's dresses, they are really pretty! :P

I'm sure you have the talent to do whatever you set your sights on. I for one will never make another dress again, unless I wake up one morning and think....oooh...that might be interesting...

Just buy loads of fabric and start hacking....thats what I did six or seven years ago and ended up with a Jedi costume!

You know you want to :D:D

*laughs* Hacking is the best word for making costumes with. "This doesn't fit right....hmmm, hack a bit off!" If you don't hack you sit there for hours shaving little bits off of things *glares at arwen's chase dress evil EVIL elven dress* (nickwise though, she likes a challenge! :P She knows what I mean...)

liremaer! I wanna see pictures of your elrondo armor when you've finished! I love him in his armor :rolleyes: Plus, i take my hat off to anyone making armor because it's a pain in the butt.

Hmm, speaking of costumes...I should probably get started on some. I've got an anime convention in about 2 months and I need costumes for it! :lol: Because getting stuff done for college isn't half as important as looking like Misato....

Sarowyn, I knew you'd sympathise with the hacking!

:rolleyes: a challenge you say?? Hehehehehe...If anyone should ask for my opinion! (I never did find where those tickets went at work!)

I also want to see Liremaer's Elrondo pics!!!

Good luck with Anime Con. I warn you though, I may storm it dressed as.....

A Mordor chicken!!! (I have no idea why this keeps popping up...it is some kind of an 'in-joke' with myself....)

Stitching swede freehand is also tough but leather.....you must be mad  :lol:

I am mad, indeed...

Wish I had that talent, I would love to make Arwen's dresses, they are really pretty! ;)

I'm sure you have the talent to do whatever you set your sights on. I for one will never make another dress again, unless I wake up one morning and think....oooh...that might be interesting...

Just buy loads of fabric and start hacking....thats what I did six or seven years ago and ended up with a Jedi costume!

lol!!! Yeh I will.... donno what it would look like though proberly some sort of mismatched drag suit..

oh well may have ago and see what my little fingers can come up with!!, but I am warning you its not gonna be pretty!! :P

Stitching swede freehand is also tough but leather.....you must be mad  :lol:

I am mad, indeed...

Wish I had that talent, I would love to make Arwen's dresses, they are really pretty! ;)

lol!!! Yeh I will.... donno what it would look like though proberly some sort of mismatched drag suit..

oh well may have ago and see what my little fingers can come up with!!, but I am warning you its not gonna be pretty!! :P

I have faith in you Prongs!

I'f you're not sure, just cut out pieces a bit bigger than you need them for emergency adjustments, or maybe just adapt a top and a long skirt you find in a charity shop or something? Just to begin with...

Add long sleeves and such, and hey presto, a cool elven dress!

I loved your costumes Nickwise.. they were brilliant...you should soo join some of our clubs and stuffs (you need to post more of the forum...you don't post enough!! ^_^)!!

I don't post enough? I always thought I post too much and I annoyed people! LOL! I am shy at heart...

*tackle hugs* thankyou, although I am not sure how many more conventions I can attend as Legolas....I have to increase my number of costumes!! There are clubs? *doesn't really do a lot of looking around hehehe*

:lol:

Stitching swede freehand is also tough but leather.....you must be mad  :wub:

The elven dress I have is purple velvet with organza sleeves and the beading took her 9 hours apparently....I don't have the patience so I admire anyone who does have the patience although saying that, I did handsew my entire Frodo costume and three of the other Fellowship cloaks.... ^_^

My dad is so cheeky...he just suggested I go as Gizmo next time!  :lol:

I am mad, indeed...

Oh wow!!! you sound really talented at making dresses!!!! :D

Wish I had that talent, I would love to make Arwen's dresses, they are really pretty! :o

You know you want to :o:o

oh well may have ago and see what my little fingers can come up with!!, but I am warning you its not gonna be pretty!! :o

I have faith in you Prongs!

I'f you're not sure, just cut out pieces a bit bigger than you need them for emergency adjustments, or maybe just adapt a top and a long skirt you find in a charity shop or something? Just to begin with...

Add long sleeves and such, and hey presto, a cool elven dress!

Aah thats sweet that you have faith in me.....will try my best :o

Ive never made a costume, or borrowed one for that matter, it would be fun to do it at one convention though!

I'd love to go as an elf in a pretty dress.....I'd be like a little girl who doesnt want to get a new party dress dirty im sure, but still it'd be fun! :lol:

Aaah bless also you would be worried wether you bum looks big innit, wouldn't you Clare ^_^

Will try and persuade JD to make us constumes, will beg her!! :lol:

I loved your costumes Nickwise.. they were brilliant...you should soo join some of our clubs and stuffs (you need to post more of the forum...you don't post enough!! :rolleyes:)!!

I don't post enough? I always thought I post too much and I annoyed people! LOL! I am shy at heart...

*tackle hugs* thankyou, although I am not sure how many more conventions I can attend as Legolas....I have to increase my number of costumes!! There are clubs? *doesn't really do a lot of looking around hehehe*

^_^

Don't know many more you can dress as leggy at? You know you love him really (with that bow - what would you do with no bow and arrow to fire at unspecting mk shoppers???) :wub: Besides, you have to if I get round to doing a Gimli costume! I need a legolas!

Everyone should go as Sam. That way there's no worries about bums looking big, because his is kinda meant to. :wub:

I loved your costumes Nickwise.. they were brilliant...you should soo join some of our clubs and stuffs (you need to post more of the forum...you don't post enough!! :blink:)!!

:rolleyes:

Don't know many more you can dress as leggy at? You know you love him really (with that bow - what would you do with no bow and arrow to fire at unspecting mk shoppers???) :P Besides, you have to if I get round to doing a Gimli costume! I need a legolas!

Everyone should go as Sam. That way there's no worries about bums looking big, because his is kinda meant to. :D

Aww, you need your elf? That is cool by me, but I will really have to work on the tension of that bow, because it just goes slack every five arrows.

Everyone dressing as Sam....hmmm....think of that! I'd want to be Chief Skillet Inspector and if your frying pan didn't have enough dents, you wouldn't be allowed in (but of course you would if you bribed me with potatoes.)

I am so adding that to my signature....

Hehehe a CHICKEN!!!

Chickens are good! At least, there must be some running round in Rohan....or maybe Gondor....I could go for full out armored Mordor Chicken with sword-slashing action....

*hmmmmmmm*

Yay!!!!!! Chickens taste nice - so if I saw you running round in Gondor/Rohan I might have to eat you. Sorry in advance.

No offence taken, you can eat me if you really get hungry, but I'm sure with places like Costa Coffee and 'Lets Eat' not to mention Marks and Sparks....couldn't you try and er....leave me as a last resort? :vader:

Hahaha, well alright then, but if I run out of money (you know lotr goodies come before food) you may be my only option!

Hehehe a CHICKEN!!!

*hmmmmmmm*

No offence taken, you can eat me if you really get hungry, but I'm sure with places like Costa Coffee and 'Lets Eat' not to mention Marks and Sparks....couldn't you try and er....leave me as a last resort? :unsure:

Hahaha, well alright then, but if I run out of money (you know lotr goodies come before food) you may be my only option!

Not a lot I can say really....ok...I guess lotr stuff is wallet-draining, just don't expect me to sit and be eaten, you may need to catch me first! But when you do that, I prefer to be slow-cooked over a fire than oven-roasted. :o

• 2 weeks later...