UPDATED - LFCC 2016 Talk and Photo Schedule - 27/7

I read it that you basically called me stupid, but maybe you didn't mean that and it's the language barrier.

Donald was always announced as just attending on Sunday and I'm not sure how else to explain it to you - activities can happen at any time of the show, DavidB has already said they didn't have any choice but to schedule some shoots late. Of course they are aware that people leave early, that they have flight home, but if you need to leave early I really don't see how that is Showmasters fault. It's unfortunate and I really wish there was some way to help you out but I don't see how. If they rearranged his shoot someone else may miss out if their shoot is moved into this slot.

I didn't meant you are stupid and you have not to explain me anything in any else way because I totally understand! Donald is just attending on sunday and I know and understand that. But he will be here at 10 am so it will be totally possible to do the photoshoot earlier than at the end of the sunday especially if there is only one photoshoot for him. Maybe there is another reason why they can't do the photoshoot earlier and it is my right to ask the question! Best from France.

That's fair enough doubou. Both our comments are relevant. I'm sorry if I flew off the handle as well.

Did you see what I posted above? The mods are aware that the photoshoot is scheduled for after his advertised appearance time and that a few people do have issues because of that. The situation has been referred to the office so hopefully they will comment on here about it.

Edited by Raylenth

Ok guys, some opinions please.

All my Diamond pass guest photos are more or less scheduled at the same time, Dolph, Rutger and Famke. I'm not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing?

On the one hand they are all out of the way by early afternoon but is there a chance I won't be able to get to all of them due to the various queuing?!?

Add to the mix I have to change shirts after Dolph's photo....

Staying for session B is not an option as I have to leave for a train when those shoots are scheduled.

Help my brain is hurting!!!

I assume this is for Saturday?

Go to Dolph, then Rutger and finally Famke.

All my Diamond pass guest photos are more or less scheduled at the same time, Dolph, Rutger and Famke. I'm not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing?

On the one hand they are all out of the way by early afternoon but is there a chance I won't be able to get to all of them due to the various queuing?!?

Staying for session B is not an option as I have to leave for a train when those shoots are scheduled.

The shirt changing adds to the difficulty but don't forget the diamond pass is the top priority pass. Select the best order to do them in, talk to the crew and show them your other passes and they they all clash and they will try and help you through in tip top time.

Thanks Raylenth, I've not read through the entire thread so maybe someone else is in the same predicament but I think I'll need to revisit the event layout to see how near the toilets (or phone kiosks) are for a quick super change!

Yes sorry Saturday - cheers Murph, will do its the shirt change that presents the biggest problem now!

First time going one question im struggling with

on the schedule it say's

Jeremy Renner AM

Diamond Then Gold

Batches 1 - 2

Possible 3-4

I Have a gold pass - and also a photo shoot booked, and that's Batch 6. Can i go in with the gold before the batches ?

Yes, with a gold pass you go before any of the batches are called.

The shirt changing adds to the difficulty but don't forget the diamond pass is the top priority pass. Select the best order to do them in, talk to the crew and show them your other passes and they they all clash and they will try and help you through in tip top time.

Thanks Raylenth, I've not read through the entire thread so maybe someone else is in the same predicament but I think I'll need to revisit the event layout to see how near the toilets (or phone kiosks) are for a quick super change!

You've got a week until the show and can practice at home - clench your bags and items in your teeth whilst changing shirts on the run and avoiding moving obstacles!

• Like 1

Yes sorry Saturday - cheers Murph, will do its the shirt change that presents the biggest problem now!

Dolph is in Photo D which is right next to some toilets. Rutger is in Photo B which is closest to D and then Famke in Photo A which is furthest away. So it's not as bad as it seems :)

I've got a batch 2 photo shoot with Rutger Hauer. I can't make the pm photo shoot due to pre booked train times. Please advise?.

Go to AM photoshoot and show them your train tickets. They'll do their best to fit you in.

• Like 1

Ahhh the joy of having just one photo shoot booked - I just see what time it is and turn up!

That's basically me as well. I'll print this up on Monday at work and thoroughly check it out but with only 1 diamond pass and all other autos 'i'd like to get' rather than 'I must get' and from some of the smaller guests it looks like a nice relaxing weekend for me as well.

I'm wearing a tank top underneath my shirts so I can do a quick change without the need to go hide somewhere ;)

• Moderators

I'm seeing a lot of questions which are already answered in the opening blurb or the Frequently Asked Questions. Can people please read and check first? This will allow us to deal with the questions that need attention. Thanks everyone!

• Like 3

I didn't see this in the talk FAQ so apologies if it's there somewhere-- what happens if a talk and a photoshoot clash so you end up arriving late to a talk? I'd hate to have that 'walk into a classroom and everyone turns to glare at you' moment. D:

I read it that you basically called me stupid, but maybe you didn't mean that and it's the language barrier.

Donald was always announced as just attending on Sunday and I'm not sure how else to explain it to you - activities can happen at any time of the show, DavidB has already said they didn't have any choice but to schedule some shoots late. Of course they are aware that people leave early, that they have flight home, but if you need to leave early I really don't see how that is Showmasters fault. It's unfortunate and I really wish there was some way to help you out but I don't see how. If they rearranged his shoot someone else may miss out if their shoot is moved into this slot.

I didn't meant you are stupid and you have not to explain me anything in any else way because I totally understand! Donald is just attending on sunday and I know and understand that. But he will be here at 10 am so it will be totally possible to do the photoshoot earlier than at the end of the sunday especially if there is only one photoshoot for him. Maybe there is another reason why they can't do the photoshoot earlier and it is my right to ask the question! Best from France.

That's fair enough doubou. Both our comments are relevant. I'm sorry if I flew off the handle as well.

Did you see what I posted above? The mods are aware that the photoshoot is scheduled for after his advertised appearance time and that a few people do have issues because of that. The situation has been referred to the office so hopefully they will comment on here about it.

:) No problem! :)

Yes I saw it, I kept my finger crossed for a better hour for me!! :)

Hello everyone

First of all, I'd like to thank Showmasters for putting so much time and effort into arranging this event on such a huge scale. It's no small feat and I love the shows!

I have just been planning out my schedule for the Saturday and I only have one major clash:

Jeremy Renner's talk (I have a Diamond pass for this)

Jack Gleeson and the Iron Throne photo shoot.

What do I do in this event as I've never had a clash like this before? Am I going to have to give up one of them?

Thanks for your help in advance!

I didn't see this in the talk FAQ so apologies if it's there somewhere-- what happens if a talk and a photoshoot clash so you end up arriving late to a talk? I'd hate to have that 'walk into a classroom and everyone turns to glare at you' moment. D:

well you're coming and taking the first empty seat. I had that last year in Brighton with James Marsters's talk

Hi, sorry if this has already been asked but I have a question about photo shoots.

If I hold a ticket which is in batch 1 or 2, but I am unable to get to the venue until the PM photoshoot, can I still go to the later shoot along with the batches 3 & 4 ticket holders?

Thanks sorry if I'm not explain clearly.

:) No problem! :)

Yes I saw it, I kept my finger crossed for a better hour for me!! :)

David said that it should be sorted on Monday - presumably when they are back in the office

well you're coming and taking the first empty seat. I had that last year in Brighton with James Marsters's talk

Yes, you have to do the walk of shame. Seriously don't worry, there's always people coming and going in talks because of this. I remember years ago at a Stargate con about a quarter of the room stood up and left mid talk for their shoots and the guest on the stage was like ' :huh: was it something I said, do they not like me'

When the remaining audience explained they were fine but initially really thought 'what on earth had they done to cause so many people to walk out'

Hi, sorry if this has already been asked but I have a question about photo shoots.

If I hold a ticket which is in batch 1 or 2, but I am unable to get to the venue until the PM photoshoot, can I still go to the later shoot along with the batches 3 & 4 ticket holders?

Yes.

I believe so. As long as your batch has been called you can go. Same with VQTs. Just because it's passed your number it doesn't mean you've missed the opportunity.

Yes.

Beat me to it ;):P
  • Like 1

yes you can

Sadly you either have to leave the talk early to do the photoshoot, or attend the talk late after doing the photoshoot.