Ideas for a photo shoot ... ?

I hate having my photo taken. Really hate it. So in order to combat this, I try having photos taken of me that mean something special to me - no random selfies for me; just meaningful pics.

This includes photoshoots with Con guests. I only started doing them a few years ago as a means to try and beat my phobia and even so I've had several Anxiety attacks over them and was once led outside by a nice security guard for some peace and quiet to recover!

I have tried the standard "Standing side by side" photoshoot and I find that for me, they fall directly in to the category of photos I hate. I can't even look at them (which if you think about it can be quite a bit of a waste of money).

The ones I can look at, and indeed the ones I am happy with, are all ones where different things are happening. I sometimes pose with a lady carried in my arms or if the guest is not happy with that, I pretend to propose to them instead. Yes, weird, I know. But I *am* weird; I have various mental health problems and severe dislike of my appearance ties in to my self-esteem but you don't need to know any of that. What I'm effectively building up to is ....

1) I have a photoshoot booked with Ron Perlman and Kim Coates. What pose can I ask them to do?

2) I have a photoshoot with a lady guest where carrying and proposing have already been done! What pose can I ask her to do?

Any and all suggestions would be gratefully received! :-D

Well I hate pics as well, because i am fat and ugly, but well try something different. Kim seems to be funny guy maybe try to do a robot pose or something like that (i am aiming for a hug). With the female you can ask for a hug or idk who that is so can't tell you any ideas.

Well I hate pics as well, because i am fat and ugly, but well try something different. Kim seems to be funny guy maybe try to do a robot pose or something like that (i am aiming for a hug). With the female you can ask for a hug or idk who that is so can't tell you any ideas.

I purposefully didn't name the lady because:

a.) I don't want to be the cause of loads of people asking to pose carrying her - she might get annoyed with me!

b.) I don't want the photo to be inspired by what she is known for - e.g. if it was Daisy Ridley I wouldn't want it to be about the lightsabers but about her and me. Does that make sense?

p.s. if you're either of the people in your profile pic, you're neither fat nor ugly!

Edited by Stenun

Sorry just a question... are you allowed to ask the guest to carry you ??

My first ever con my pics with guests were awful... i looked soo nervous and frightened to be near them!!

The more i did the better it got. Just relax and have fun with it. Also dont rush your pose, i had a few practices at home and learnt what angles looks best.

I prefer to do random pics with guests now makes my photo album more exciting.

I have a few ideas with madds, edge and Jeremy... but not too sure with ron also 😕

How about seeing if you can get a cheap bowler/top hat from Ebay/Etsy/Fancy dress ect and you or the guests could be doffing your hats to each other. Add in a monocle as well. Also something like this for you http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lady-Retro-Detachable-Faux-Fake-Lapel-Shirt-Collar-Necklace-Removable-Choker-A94-/201413790955 but a men's version with tie.

Classy chic business person?

Edited by Raylenth

If all else fails.. try the 'awkward prom' pose. It gets a laugh 9 times out of 10 if they're game for it. Pull a face so if you're not so happy with yourself in photos you have an excuse and just look generally awkward. For ideas, check out Kitsie Duncans awkward prom con series: http://www.kitsieduncan.com/the-awkward-prom-series/

I tried a Prom Pose once, it looks like I'm molesting the poor lady concerned. *lol*

Just a idea with the Lady guest how about instead of the proposing pose how about getting down on one knee and presenting her with a Rose ? Although I wouldn't recommend a real one how ever a nice single red silk rose would be lovely and she could also take this home with her :smile: What lady wouldn't like to be presented with a Red Rose ? Fake or Real :thumbup:

And with Ron and/or Kim how about a couple of empty beer bottles facing each other and clinking the bottles ala Cheers ?

i do like the beer idea! Thanks! :D

Sorry just a question... are you allowed to ask the guest to carry you ??

My first ever con my pics with guests were awful... i looked soo nervous and frightened to be near them!!

The more i did the better it got. Just relax and have fun with it. Also dont rush your pose, i had a few practices at home and learnt what angles looks best.

I prefer to do random pics with guests now makes my photo album more exciting.

I have a few ideas with madds, edge and Jeremy... but not too sure with ron also

You can ask for whatever pose you like, just be prepared to accept a "no"! :-D

I always try and ask in advance but if I can't I get to the front of the photo queue and ask there. Sometimes they say yes to my pose, sometimes they say no - so I also have a back-up pose ready, too!

For example, last year I had no way to ask Sigourney Weaver in advance so I waited until I got the front of the queue and asked if I could carry her. She politely declined. So I got my Green Lantern Power Ring out of my pocket and went down on one knee, instead .. ;-)

How about seeing if you can get a cheap bowler/top hat from Ebay/Etsy/Fancy dress ect and you or the guests could be doffing your hats to each other. Add in a monocle as well. Also something like this for you http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lady-Retro-Detachable-Faux-Fake-Lapel-Shirt-Collar-Necklace-Removable-Choker-A94-/201413790955 but a men's version with tie.

Classy chic business person?

A monocle? I like that idea!

Maybe I'll see if I can find a black cane with a skull handle, too. Really try and complete the look! :D

Regarding the lady guest, what if you have HER propose to YOU? That will be different from the standard "man proposes to woman".

You must be psychic.

As mentioned above, I try and ask the guests in advance about the poses I have in mind. Twitter is great for this. So having already carried the lady in question, I tweeted her a couple of months ago asking if I could pretend to propose to her this time. She said no but that SHE would pretend to propose to ME! *blushes*

So I just need an idea for the second of the two photos I'm having taken with her. :-)

Thanks for all the wonderful replies so far! I greatly appreciate them all! :D

A pose or a prop is always a good bet. When I met Nick Frost I suggested the Winchester pose from Shaun of the Dead. He said it was a great idea and I wad the first person to ask him.

I'm a Power Rangers fan so when meeting them I try to have a toy of their particular morpher to hold. Last year when meeting Cameron Jebo I had the replica of his characters morpher and another one for me to hold.

This year I plan to ask Dolph Lundgren to square up to me as if about to start boxing.

A back to back staring down at the camera is always a cool pose. I always get my haircut just before a con to make sure I look smart and plan out what I will be wearing. I find this really helps with how the photo comes out. I didn't used to enjoy my photo being taken but now I love it (that's not meant to sound big headed) and always flash a big smile at the camera.

I hope you can embrace the photoshoot experience and really enjoy it.

Don't talk badly about yourself, you're awesome!

Fancy dress? Zombie/Mummy make up and you could be chasing/lunging for them.

Don't really have the time, money or experience to organise such a thing. Nice idea, though!

A pose or a prop is always a good bet. When I met Nick Frost I suggested the Winchester pose from Shaun of the Dead. He said it was a great idea and I wad the first person to ask him.

I'm a Power Rangers fan so when meeting them I try to have a toy of their particular morpher to hold. Last year when meeting Cameron Jebo I had the replica of his characters morpher and another one for me to hold.

This year I plan to ask Dolph Lundgren to square up to me as if about to start boxing.

A back to back staring down at the camera is always a cool pose. I always get my haircut just before a con to make sure I look smart and plan out what I will be wearing. I find this really helps with how the photo comes out. I didn't used to enjoy my photo being taken but now I love it (that's not meant to sound big headed) and always flash a big smile at the camera.

I hope you can embrace the photoshoot experience and really enjoy it.

A back-to-back pose is one of the two I have which I can't look at. I hate it. :-)

I've just had an idea for a shoot with a prop for me - cheap and easy to do but don't know if I'd have the guts to do it!

Do it,do it,do it,do it,do it,do it,do it,do it,do it,do it,do it,do it,do it,do it,do it,do it!!!!

• Like 1

I'll take it with me and try and gear myself up to ask - it's the asking I hate, everything is usually such a rush I hate to inconvenience anyone by slowing it down, stumbling over my words, not explaining properly ect :rolleyes: I could speak to the crew in the queue and ask them.

I'll take it with me and try and gear myself up to ask - it's the asking I hate, everything is usually such a rush I hate to inconvenience anyone by slowing it down, stumbling over my words, not explaining properly ect :rolleyes: I could speak to the crew in the queue and ask them.

Want to tell us who the person is and what the prop is? :)

I'm curious to know what the prop is!

I'm curious to know what the prop is!

Ahh that would be telling. I'm thinking it's funny but it probably isn't. If I pluck up the courage I'll post the photo afterwards.

• Like 1

Interesting topic. I can't help but wonder if there will be enough time to sort out unusual poses or props. Whenever I've done a photoshoot at LFCC (Have done quite a few now) there wasn't much time to ask/set up unusual poses. They usually try and get you through pretty quickly. Would it even be possible to do some of the ideas that people are thinking of?

• Like 1

Well mine would be very quick as I'll just have to ask him and I'll ask the crew first before I go though if I can ask him.

as long as people are ready and don't faf around it doesn't take too long, I've seen quite a lot of people's posed photo's.