Beating the heat!

First time attending, so I guess lots of water and some deodorant, althought I don't smell bad when I sweat :P Problem is, I always wear a shirt, tie and vest for photoshoots, so that will be agony...but I guess I'll take an extra T-shirt with me when those are over to put on :P

i'd bring a fan, but it gets annoying walking around a con with someone behind me shouting "WOOOO, I LOVE YOU JOSH! YOU'RE THE BEST!!!!!"

A good point for some people who wonder why the celebs sometimes get fed up with it as well. ;)

• Like 1

i went to the doctor last week and claimed i had a sweating problem so i could get a prescription version of antiperspirant :D

i had to go for a blood test which was an annoying part of the plan... however apart from that plan succeeded :D cant wait to see if this stuff actually works

i went to the doctor last week and claimed i had a sweating problem so i could get a prescription version of antiperspirant :D

i had to go for a blood test which was an annoying part of the plan... however apart from that plan succeeded :D cant wait to see if this stuff actually works

So..........congratulations on defrauding the NHS I guess! :whistling:

Is there no air con in the building?

It allegedly exists but I didn't feel it at any point last year. The building being so ancient doesn't help either.

Last year the top floor was a real sanctuary for chilling out in so I am a bit concerned about it not being in use this year.

It allegedly exists but I didn't feel it at any point last year. The building being so ancient doesn't help either.

Last year the top floor was a real sanctuary for chilling out in so I am a bit concerned about it not being in use this year.

I think with so many people in the building, there is a limit to what air conditioning can do. And I think the top floor was cooler because there weren't that many people there.

I think with so many people in the building, there is a limit to what air conditioning can do. And I think the top floor was cooler because there weren't that many people there.

Having been to the Excel in London on several occasions for various events with a similar footfall I can say that volume of people can be coped with if a decent air con system is in place.

I'm hoping with the chill out areas this year and more of the venue being used that it will prevent the overcrowding issues of last year such as the photo shoot areas being right next to the merchandise dealers.

I don't want to sound like I am moaning too much as I appreciate Showmasters putting on events and the guests they manage to get. Also I know the systems of the building are totally out of their control so don't want anyone reading this to think I am blaming them for the heat.

Edited by Mark - Last of the Time Lords