Beating the heat!

so, most people who have attended cons before know just how ridiculously warm it gets inside buildings packed with people.

couple that with it being summertime and its definitely a cause for concern, which leads me on to a very simple question:

How does everyone deal with the heat at cons?

personally, i take a HELL of a lot of water, a towel, plenty of antiperspirant and more water!

Please not toooo much perfume :-) it can make it hard to breathe fir some. Same with clouds of deoderant in lines, but I understand if it is needed who am I to argue :-) but never over spray, even guests struggle to breathe near some people haha

I just wish so much that the venue was nice and cool. We can but hope.

1) Best place I found last year was near an open door, the cool breeze came through like a hurricane! It was pure heaven haha

2) I say buy a little battery fan, they are awesome! A quid and while they are not perfect, its heavenly with a little breeeeze.

3) I may invest in some of them chemical frozen liquid ice packs you can use for keeping food cold. Imagine them amazing things down your back haha

4) Lifesaving ice drinks! There was a smoothie/ice crush place last year and a big cup full of pure icey jucyness was just staggering! I had soooo many. Just holding it was like putting your hands on god haha

Edited by RomeroSavini

I cope with the heat pretty well, drank loads and put it this way it was so warm the last few years I hardly ever used the toilet!

That shows you how much much some will need to drink. Saw a few people pass out last year, so remember as said drink drink drink :-)

Please don't spray too much perfume and deodorant, some of us are allergic/asthmatic.

I do suffer from the heat a lot and I use roll-on deodorant which I will be bringing ofc. Other than that, wet wipes are lovely, I have a hand fan and I also have a little fan that attaches to my phone. Also? Lots of water!

• Like 1

Bring LOTS of water! and stuff to make sure you stay smelling nice through out the day. I don't really sweat or anything but if you are a heavy sweater bring a extra t-shirt or something :)

I found the top floor was the coolest part, but that floor is not part of the event this year.

Found it hot when cosplaying as the Seventh Doctor that some of the sweat from my forehead soaked into my hat. I also bought 2 bottles of Coke from one of the cafes, and downed about 2/3 of a pint of beer at a pub after the show.

My cosplays for this year will consist of a top and jacket for my upper body and no hats or wigs.