I appreciate that some people ...

Firstly I think we can all agree that tweeting actors directly is not on, to say the least. However I do agree with the pint josh and murph make.

You either make big guest announcements for the household names or you don't. And there needs to be some consistency. Some diamond guests didn't even get much build up I believe. Then some regular guests got huge build up. It's very erratic.

It's a simple point showmasters have the right to announce anyway they want, but then in turn you can't control how people will react.

• Like 2

Cannot believe people have been so rude. That is just plain awful actually getting in touch with the guest and behaving like that.

Personally, not someone I would be interested in but an incredible guest for those who would be.

I certainly would never voice any kind of displeasure so bluntly and rudely.

Just stunned by the rudeness of some people.

I totally agree with you. I'm absolutely thrilled with tonight's announcement, brilliant actor! I thought he was excellent in Lost.

And those people who post bad things on social media or even forums are trolls (sorry, I have no other word to describe them) and have nothing better to do in their lives.

trolls are cute little plastic figures from the 80's or 90's with long hair, maybe we should just call these people faceless keyboard warriors.

That's is the first time I have ever heard the term "keyboard warriors". You learn something new every day.

I understand buildup threads can upset people when they dont get who they want... But seriously, grow up lol. Its an event for everone not just you. Michael emmerson... For an example, not a guest i personally will be queueing for, however i know his acting history and fully acknowledge he is quite a big name.

Kept saying it wont be as big as jeremy renner... Clue was in the post title of "big guest" rather than "huge guest" like jeremey renner...

A mixture of common sense and growing up is needed!

• Like 2

Do I feel let down when a "Big" guest is announced that I don't have an interest in meeting = No!!

The way I see it is that the show would be pretty one dimensional if it only catered to one or two subsets of fandom, the more of a variety on the guest front, the more of a variety of attendees there will be. The larger a mix of people that attends creates a far superior atmosphere in my opinion and not to mention that it spreads out the crowds too as not all 130,000 attendees want to go for the same guest!! So when I read that there's another big guest that isn't my thing, I think "Great - another line to help make the lines I'm in shorter."

Where else would you get to see Lex Luthor standing next to a Klingon and both taking photos of some Japanese Manga character I don't know the name of? All the while mini versions of thousands of genres are running around trying to catch Pokemon on their phones?

So not everyone can be pleased all of the time and although they do have a right to express themselves, for the love of all that is holy don't write to the guest and tell them you don't like them!! That's down right rude and if you did that on the school playground you would be pulled up for bullying!! Not trying to steal a league of gentlemen quote but this is an inclusive show for inclusive people, we'll have no hatred here!!

• Like 1

I just hope that this doesn't turn into a case of the few ruining it for the many. There are far more positive reactions than negative, despite the negative reactions standing out that much more.

We've been through this a couple of times, though we do have reached a new low with idiots tweeting the guest directly. We get this discussion after pretty much every "big guest announcement" thread in fact. But SM like the way the announcement threads are done and unless they see really big issues now I doubt this will be changed.

Smithy has phrased it pretty well. A mixture of growing up and common sense is needed. Not everything should be babysat. Or do you want a place like a US fast food restaurant where all coffee cups warn you of hot liquids insise? ;)

• Like 1

My god just read this and its positively disgusting. Poor Michael. This is when the bad side of social media rears its ugly head and it isnt pretty. I dont know him from much. I never watched Lost but know how big a series it was and how much of a draw he'll be for people so good on him for agreeing to come. I personally loved his wife in The Good Wife and hope Showmasters can talk her into coming too as i'd really love to meet her.

I just hope that this doesn't turn into a case of the few ruining it for the many. There are far more positive reactions than negative, despite the negative reactions standing out that much more.

We've been through this a couple of times, though we do have reached a new low with idiots tweeting the guest directly. We get this discussion after pretty much every "big guest announcement" thread in fact. But SM like the way the announcement threads are done and unless they see really big issues now I doubt this will be changed.

Smithy has phrased it pretty well. A mixture of growing up and common sense is needed. Not everything should be babysat. Or do you want a place like a US fast food restaurant where all coffee cups warn you of hot liquids insise? ;)

Stupid/obvious warnings are only necessary because people make them so. (Seriously thinking about putting up "DO NOT EAT" warnings on the soap at work, for example...)

Personally? I don't mind the build-up posts. Yes, I feel disappointed if it's someone I'm not into, but it would never occur to me to throw such a childish fit, especially contacting said guest in the process. In some cases, I've actually looked into a guest if I haven't heard of them before. I hadn't watched Lost at all before Harold Perrineau was announced, despite the fact that I'm a fan of people like Michael Emerson and Ian Somerhalder (obviously I'd heard of Lost, just hadn't seen it). Still, seeing all the excitement about Harold, I gave it ago. Now I own the first two seasons. Very late to the party, but at least I'm now slightly more excited about a guest I had previously no interest in!

• Like 5

I think it's pathetic how rude some people are. If you don't like the line-up, simply don't buy a ticket. That's the thing about conventions - you never know who's going to appear. That's what makes them great though.

I'm skipping this year's LFCC, because I have no interest in the guest, but I don't find it necessary to be rude about it. I loved last year and I will be back in the future.

I feel bad for people who are excited about the guests when trolls give them crap for being happy. That's so selfish.

Seriously, it's a convention. It's not about all about you, so have some respect and be greatful that LFCC exists at all.

dont even get me started on stupid labels... like nuts that say "may contain nuts" and outrageously a few years ago MILK had a label saying "may contain milk"....

honestly, it makes me sad i live in this world

dont even get me started on stupid labels... like nuts that say "may contain nuts" and outrageously a few years ago MILK had a label saying "may contain milk"....

honestly, it makes me sad i live in this world

My favourite was a label on a specific medication that simply stated "do not apply to eyes". Just randomly. Don't rub this stuff into your eyes.

But this is getting off topic so I'll shush.

• Like 1

I think it's pathetic how rude some people are. If you don't like the line-up, simply don't buy a ticket. That's the thing about conventions - you never know who's going to appear. That's what makes them great though.

I'm skipping this year's LFCC, because I have no interest in the guest, but I don't find it necessary to be rude about it. I loved last year and I will be back in the future.

I feel bad for people who are excited about the guests when trolls give them crap for being happy. That's so selfish.

Seriously, it's a convention. It's not about all about you, so have some respect and be greatful that LFCC exists at all.

My original plan was cosplaying and at the beginng of the year, there were only two guests I was interested in.

Now there's 7 guests I plan to meet, as well as 4 guest phtotoshoots (although this could change over the next couple of weeks).

I understand buildup threads can upset people when they dont get who they want... But seriously, grow up lol. Its an event for everone not just you. Michael emmerson... For an example, not a guest i personally will be queueing for, however i know his acting history and fully acknowledge he is quite a big name.

Kept saying it wont be as big as jeremy renner... Clue was in the post title of "big guest" rather than "huge guest" like jeremey renner...

A mixture of common sense and growing up is needed!

Completely agree. We're all supposed to be adults. Whether there is a big build up or not, whether you like the guest or not don't act like a child and throw your dummy out of the pram. Makes you look like a fool.

• Like 2

Certainly a new low most would consider unacceptable, but unless you are going to ban such fans (after a final warning) then the unacceptable is being accepted.

As you say SM like doing it the way they do - I believe Jason as said its like a Christmas present, where you get the build up to a surprise , why spoil it? But kids do throw almighty tantrums if they don't get the present they want too.

The other saying is its all fun and games until someone gets hurt. If guest relations are getting hurt maybe it is time to reconsider the game.

Personally, I don't play the game any more. Announcement at 7pm? I looked at 8pm.

What do you mean with "ban them"? From the Forum, from the Events?

Personally I am all for that. Both versions. I agree, if they can't behave they don't deserve to be on the playground.

And we have banned users from the Forum for things like this. Sometimes "online identities" are much easier to match up. Event bans are harder to accomplish, and a lot of these people (I really don't want to use the term fans) know that. But yeah, we have had a number of people banned from attending events as well.

• Like 1

Certainly a new low most would consider unacceptable, but unless you are going to ban such fans (after a final warning) then the unacceptable is being accepted.

As you say SM like doing it the way they do - I believe Jason as said its like a Christmas present, where you get the build up to a surprise , why spoil it? But kids do throw almighty tantrums if they don't get the present they want too.

The other saying is its all fun and games until someone gets hurt. If guest relations are getting hurt maybe it is time to reconsider the game.

Personally, I don't play the game any more. Announcement at 7pm? I looked at 8pm.

I refer you the part where you say kids throw almighty tantrums.... in my opinion that one sentence defeats your own point. We arent kids, im pretty sure the people acting like idiots on twitter, forums, etc are mostly not kids - you cannot in anyway justify their actions or sympathise with these adults by saying its a normal reaction for kids!

its bad enough how much we molly coddle people in this country anyway, at no point should we have to change our way of doing things just because of some idiots out there who mentally never outgrew puberty.

Well considering how these people act/have acted I can actually understand using the term "kids". It's the same reaction as you'll get from a 5 year old when you buy him a Squirtle toy instead of the Pikachu they wanted. (No offense meant to any well behaved 5 year olds in the world.)