I appreciate that some people ...

Maybe a Clefairy called Loveislove? Lol

I'm usually disappointed by the big guest announcements but I don't complain about it. I enjoy the build up but only for a day. I think the week build up is too long. Bacon number is fantastic and we should have that every time. Lol

Being nasty to the guest themself because you don't like them is childish and could really impact the next lfcc. He could tell people he's getting horrible messages about it and someone will think OK I'm not going to go either if I have to put up with this. We could really miss out because of this.

Not even if I offer you a cute Psyduck as an apology? *lower lip quivers*

Surely a Jigglypuff is the apology Pokemon of choice?

Find me one and I'll gift it to Tanith.

If (when) I find a real life Jigglypuff I'll be taking it home to sing me to sleep. Tanith be damned.

• Like 1

Urgh people suck! I confess like some others on this thread I'm not a fan of the build up threads. People see "big guest announcement" and assume its someone that would pass what I call the "mum test" which means my mum would know who they are. Jeremy Renner yes. Michael Emerson not so much. I'll confess like others I was disappointed at the announcement but I wouldn't have dreamed of vocalising that to him!

I think the build up always always leads to disappointment if the guest isn't for you in a way that a simple announcement doesn't. It's also not really something other conventions do. The threads are also super inconsistant. Mads is a diamond guest and was announced with no fanfare. I only found out when someone not going told me they'd seen it on twitter.

Nothing of course excuses morons from copying the actor into their childish whining but I think the announcement threads feed a vortex of entitlement and anticipation that unless you have a massive household name or cult favourite results in disappointment. Does the fun of them offset the moany people?

• Like 1

But then on the other hand, some kids are more mature than some adults on this forum ;)

Give those Kids a cell phone and Internet Access! :P

Are you saying you know kids who don't already have that? lol.

But then on the other hand, some kids are more mature than some adults on this forum ;)

Give those Kids a cell phone and Internet Access! :P

Are you saying you know kids who don't already have that? lol.

Yes. And oddly enough those are indeed the well behaved ones. Rosa (7 year old) is only allowed 2 hours per week, under supervision. Does not have a cell phone.

Well considering how these people act/have acted I can actually understand using the term "kids". It's the same reaction as you'll get from a 5 year old when you buy him a Squirtle toy instead of the Pikachu they wanted. (No offense meant to any well behaved 5 year olds in the world.)

Pickachu is cool, I will accept a Pickachu.

I just hope that this doesn't turn into a case of the few ruining it for the many. There are far more positive reactions than negative, despite the negative reactions standing out that much more.

We've been through this a couple of times, though we do have reached a new low with idiots tweeting the guest directly. We get this discussion after pretty much every "big guest announcement" thread in fact. But SM like the way the announcement threads are done and unless they see really big issues now I doubt this will be changed.

Certainly a new low most would consider unacceptable, but unless you are going to ban such fans (after a final warning) then the unacceptable is being accepted.

As you say SM like doing it the way they do - I believe Jason as said its like a Christmas present, where you get the build up to a surprise , why spoil it? But kids do throw almighty tantrums if they don't get the present they want too.

The other saying is its all fun and games until someone gets hurt. If guest relations are getting hurt maybe it is time to reconsider the game.

Personally, I don't play the game any more. Announcement at 7pm? I looked at 8pm.

I refer you the part where you say kids throw almighty tantrums.... in my opinion that one sentence defeats your own point. We arent kids, im pretty sure the people acting like idiots on twitter, forums, etc are mostly not kids - you cannot in anyway justify their actions or sympathise with these adults by saying its a normal reaction for kids!

its bad enough how much we molly coddle people in this country anyway, at no point should we have to change our way of doing things just because of some idiots out there who mentally never outgrew puberty.

I was going to say people rather than kids - adults can throw tantrums too and it can be very funny! - but certainly in my family the adults aren't teased about surprises and led to expect something that's never a realistic possibility. Surprises come without any pre-warning so no room for disappointment.

Urgh people suck! I confess like some others on this thread I'm not a fan of the build up threads. People see "big guest announcement" and assume its someone that would pass what I call the "mum test" which means my mum would know who they are. Jeremy Renner yes. Michael Emerson not so much. I'll confess like others I was disappointed at the announcement but I wouldn't have dreamed of vocalising that to him!

I think the build up always always leads to disappointment if the guest isn't for you in a way that a simple announcement doesn't. It's also not really something other conventions do. The threads are also super inconsistant. Mads is a diamond guest and was announced with no fanfare. I only found out when someone not going told me they'd seen it on twitter.

Nothing of course excuses morons from copying the actor into their childish whining but I think the announcement threads feed a vortex of entitlement and anticipation that unless you have a massive household name or cult favourite results in disappointment. Does the fun of them offset the moany people?

I suppose it could as much a frustration that they can't air their disappointment here. They can't (or rather will see it deleted) since if they were allowed then the guest/agent only might see it. But taking it direct to the actor on twitter overrides that moderation the actor will see it, and well as a wider audience.

So perhaps its the opposite of 'if you wanted to be treated like an adult behave like an adult'. Treat your customers like kids it only takes one to behave like one

I have to say that the only big guest announcement this year I've truly been excited about is Michael Emerson (hurrah...!). The other announcements either have not been my cuppa tea or I've not known them (purely because I may not have seen their shows), but they are still great guests for others. All those times I've never once expressed my disappointment on line. Anyone actually copying in the guest to do so is way out of line and downright rude.

I do enjoy the big guest build ups and the guessing games; and I must admit I do quite like some of the randomness of the announcements... Mads Mikkelson is my other dream guest and that announcement when it flashed on my phone out the blue knocked me right out of my office chair. Loved it.

Edited by Bradders