I appreciate that some people ...

I appreciate that some people are disappointed over tonight's announcement - there are always disappointed people when Showmasters insist on doing their pre-anouncement build-ups. But some people have been tweeting the guest with their disappointment?? What the ACTUAL H***??? Do you guys want Showmasters to get a bad rep? Because they will if you carry on like that and if they do then that will impact on future guests attendance!

Not to mention the fact that it's just plain RUDE! Grow up,, people!

My apologies to all those to whom this does not apply, but if you are one of those polite people maybe we could spam twitter with links to this thread and try and get through to people? :-)

• Like 13

Wow really that's just plain out of order! I mean tonight's guest announcement isn't one for me I have to be selective because I'm on a tight budget as I want plenty to spend on the day, but I see lots of excitement for him from other people and isn't that what it's all about?

Edited by mike1981
  • Like 1

I totally agree with you. I'm absolutely thrilled with tonight's announcement, brilliant actor! I thought he was excellent in Lost.

And those people who post bad things on social media or even forums are trolls (sorry, I have no other word to describe them) and have nothing better to do in their lives.

The amazing thing is some comments in the past that I have seen in my eyes which are vile. I would get sacked from my job if my boses saw me post that sort of stuff openly on social media.

Shows you a few have no jobs to worry about I think haha

But in all seriousness do people really want some awful comments popping up in the future when someone does an Internet search of their names. It stops people getting jobs ;-) if I was a boss I wouldn't go near such people.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I just find it really selfish really. That people can't recognise even if it's not someone for them, that plenty of others will be happy. And their negative comments could cause a guest to pull out.

I will never understand why some people take it so badly when it's a guest they don't want. Like it's the end of the world or something. You haven't lost anything. Just be like 'oh well' and move on rather than being rude and potentially upsetting other fans, the organiser AND the guest.

What would someone do if they wanted to meet EVERY guest? You'd then moan there are too many and you would have to pick and choose. There are plenty I don't want to meet but I'm never rude about it. Thankfully many aren't.

I actually considered not doing the teasers on Twitter because of a few selective moaners bur you know what? I'm not stopping it just because a few want to throw their toys out of the pram because they didn't get exactly what they want. Seriously some people need to start acting more like respectful adults online.

• Like 14

The answer is simple: Just announce the guest, like they did with Famke the other week, without warning.

Don't 'big' ANYBODY up as one persons idea of a big guest isn't anothers.

That way, nobody can be disappointed. If you like the guest, fine, if you don't move on.

Just my opinion of course :smile:

• Like 11

I just find it really selfish really. That people can't recognise even if it's not someone for them, that plenty of others will be happy. And their negative comments could cause a guest to pull out.

I will never understand why some people take it so badly when it's a guest they don't want. Like it's the end of the world or something. You haven't lost anything. Just be like 'oh well' and move on rather than being rude and potentially upsetting other fans, the organiser AND the guest.

What would someone do if they wanted to meet EVERY guest? You'd then moan there are too many and you would have to pick and choose. There are plenty I don't want to meet but I'm never rude about it. Thankfully many aren't.

I actually considered not doing the teasers on Twitter because of a few selective moaners bur you know what? I'm not stopping it just because a few want to throw their toys out of the pram because they didn't get exactly what they want. Seriously some people need to start acting more like respectful adults online.

i totally agree with you dont see the sense in being rude about it i think Showmaster do a cracking job trying to please everyone i know im new to this and only started going to events my first one was lfcc last year but because Showmaster put on a good show im hooked :-)

I like it when SM does these sort of things, it's all done in a bit of fun.. That's what it is Fun. Let SM carry on with the guessing games as we all need fun in these days... Come on people stop the moaning.. if the guest is not your liking then savey savey the money.. and maybe put it towards buying a sense of humour.. :smile:

• Like 1

The answer is simple: Just announce the guest, like they did with Famke the other week, without warning.

That way, nobody can be disappointed. If you like the guest, fine, if you don't move on.

totally agree. why we need all this 'Massive''big' announcement days before just sets showmasters up for negative reactions from some because nobody will agree on whats good or not.all down to personal interest. just announce the guests and details when they are booked and leave it at that like you used too.

• Like 2

You know what, I understand the disappointment. I do. Very often someone I've never heard of gets announced, or someone famous for something I don't know/am not into, and after all the hype and build-up it's a massive anti-climax. HOWEVER it baffles me that people get so nasty about this disappointment! What David said-- you're not losing a thing. You're not gaining anything, sure, but you're not having anything taken from you either.

• Like 4

This.

however, slagging off a guest is NOT on. they didnt arrange the announcement.

• Like 1

If it is a guest I don't really have any interest in, I just keep quiet because I know plenty of other people will.

What is the point in criticising and moaning about it. This I cannot understand.

Edited by Iceman71
  • Like 1

That's not what's happening in the normal guest announcements either unfortunately. I wish. I really wish. It's not fun reading these posts for us mods too.

• Like 1

Every now and then I see this "Oh those pre-announcements are so stupid" and even though, yeah, of course, you're allowed to think so, just look at those threads: many others do enjoy the guessing and the build up. Why give it up just because some don't like it and moan about it? Even though I don't take part in the guessing, I enjoy reading the guesses and how people interpret clues. Besides, they don't do it for all guests.

Yes, who is big for one person isn't necessarily so for someone else. It's very subjective

Yes, like I already said, you are entitled to your own opinion. And if you voice it respectfully, by all means express it. But understand and respect that others may not share your opinion.

I've seen negative comments in people's announcements that didn't get a build up as well. So it's not just that people had hoped for one person and it turns out to be another.

And just one thing to remember: if your dream guest is not coming to LFCC 2016, THERE'S ALWAYS NEXT YEAR! Save that money you're not spending this year for that one.

im over the moon hes coming, ive been a fan for years. I cant thank sm enough for pulling this off. I don't like a lot of the guests as I have my own films and shows that do tend to differ from everyone else. I would never say anything bad to them about being a guest and making loads of people happy. ppl like that should be banned

I for one really enjoy the surprise announcements and hope they continue. I appreciate that even if the guest is not for me, a lot of other people will like the guest.

I cannot understand how guests can get sent negative tweets, that's tantamount to trolling in my opinion...

• Like 1

• Moderators

If you like the guest, fine, if you don't move on.

Why can't people do this for ALL the announcements whether built up or not?

It's not difficult.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Plus the people I often see moaning are only into one or two things anyway. OF COURSE the chances are you'll be disappointed if there's such a limited scope of interest.

And don't get me started on the people that only come to cons to meet 1 actor or actress. That's even less chance of being pleased...

• Like 1

And don't get me started on the people that only come to cons to meet 1 actor or actress. That's even less chance of being pleased...

I know you don't mean it that way but that's me in a nutshell for most events David :no:

Narrowish focus of attention!

• Moderators

No I definitely don't mean it like that.

It's more fans who only want Jenna Coleman or something. Of course they're going to end up disappointed most of the time. But they still seem to make rude comments.